Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 11:51 PM

2,593 posts, read 4,237,259 times

Advertisements

Maybe a lot of these people are taken, so they don't want to attract any attention.

I'm married & still stay in shape, but sometimes I won't shave for days, wear old grubby clothes, etc. Single women out there probably think I look like a scrub, but I'm cool with that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2009, 07:06 AM

19,496 posts, read 9,525,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzoom3 View Post
Maybe a lot of these people are taken, so they don't want to attract any attention.

I'm married & still stay in shape, but sometimes I won't shave for days, wear old grubby clothes, etc. Single women out there probably think I look like a scrub, but I'm cool with that.
Some single women [married, too] like that "scruffy" rugged look.

... just don't take it toooo far in that direction.

Last edited by cat1116; 09-10-2009 at 07:12 AM.. Reason: need to add...

Old 09-10-2009, 07:08 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,639,656 times
Hmm... I've been in a relationship for almost 5 years, I still shave every day, still take a shower everyday, dress decent and still look girly LOL - maybe I'm just too girly LOL

Old 09-10-2009, 07:44 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times
I guess I'm one of those women. I don't wear makeup. If I can find clothes in the morning that are clean and not wrinkled, w00t!. I throw my hair up in a bun and I'm out the door. I grew and did my nails for my wedding years ago. And I did my hair and makeup for my last graduation. I don't think I need makeup to look good, but I've always had a more granola style any way.

Old 09-11-2009, 09:52 AM

323 posts, read 806,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaspercheron View Post
The other thread was quite interesting but I've really noticed something....

Granted, I live in PA - I think we all know by now that Philly was rated low in the good looks department - fortunately for me, I'm not from here... LOL

But, it brings up a good point. What on earth is happening with women? My mother always taught me to look my best when I leave the house, even to check the mail since you never know who you'll run into.

Everywhere my SO and I go, we both notice that a LOT of women just do not keep themselves up! I mean, they look like they literally rolled out of bed and left the house. Their clothes are a mess, their hair isn't clean or brushed, they have no make up on.

What happened to women being women and being feminine and beautiful? I see it a lot in my area and I actually live in a really nice town in PA but my goodness, it's everywhere.

Do you all find this true in your towns??
Why does a woman have to be all 'done up' to be considered feminine and beautiful? What happened to natural beauty and femininity? Smothering one's face in plastic goo and wearing pretty clothes isn't my ideal of femininity or womanhood. I actually think it's more beautiful when women look like their natural selves out in the world. Does this mean I think pj's are necessarily appropriate in many situations? No way, but I don't think you have to spend any time getting ready to look beautiful and feminine. I have always thought that the earthy mamas in their skirts and long hair and no make up look so incredibly feminine, much more so than the bleach blonde, big boobs, fancy clothes-wearing kind of ladies.

Old 09-11-2009, 09:59 AM

4,379 posts, read 5,381,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaspercheron View Post
The other thread was quite interesting but I've really noticed something....

Granted, I live in PA - I think we all know by now that Philly was rated low in the good looks department - fortunately for me, I'm not from here... LOL

But, it brings up a good point. What on earth is happening with women? My mother always taught me to look my best when I leave the house, even to check the mail since you never know who you'll run into.

Everywhere my SO and I go, we both notice that a LOT of women just do not keep themselves up! I mean, they look like they literally rolled out of bed and left the house. Their clothes are a mess, their hair isn't clean or brushed, they have no make up on.

What happened to women being women and being feminine and beautiful? I see it a lot in my area and I actually live in a really nice town in PA but my goodness, it's everywhere.

Do you all find this true in your towns??
how people look is none of your business. they don't choose not to wear make to suit you, or even to aggravate you.

Old 09-11-2009, 10:15 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
how people look is none of your business. they don't choose not to wear make to suit you, or even to aggravate you.
Comments about makeup are surprising. I wouldn't have thought that anyone noticed if women wore it or not.

Old 09-11-2009, 10:21 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,639,656 times
Wow, some of you are missing the point. The makeup was an "example" of pulling yourself together. My observation was simply this, these days when I'm out and about, I see women who are a freaking train wreck, they look like they haven't showered in days, their clothes are a mess, they just look like a big mess.
This was only a conversation starter to see if others noticed it too.

There ARE some women who just roll out of bed more successful than others. I remember a time though when women were looked better - that was basically all I was noting.

A. I don't care, it was merely an observation.
B. it wasn't every single woman.

For the ones who actually got my post, I thank you LOL

Old 09-11-2009, 10:24 AM

20,706 posts, read 19,349,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Comments about makeup are surprising. I wouldn't have thought that anyone noticed if women wore it or not.

Hi Braunwyn,

If makeup is noticed, it has not been applied correctly.

Old 09-11-2009, 10:26 AM

2,593 posts, read 4,237,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post
Some single women [married, too] like that "scruffy" rugged look.

... just don't take it toooo far in that direction.
I don't take it tooooo far, I still shower & use deodorant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships