U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 11:16 AM

8,415 posts, read 35,215,938 times
Do you count omitting info as a lie?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2009, 11:16 AM

2,984 posts, read 5,232,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
LOL...Ok..so tell me this..You NEVER EVER lied about anything in your life? You may not be a big liar...But there is something.
There is a big difference between telling your wife you like a dress when you don't compared to saying no I did not sleep with your sister. Some lies you want to say so you don't hurt their feelings about something they like or enjoy as to a lie which does reflect on a person's bad judgement.

Old 09-09-2009, 11:18 AM

Quote:
It all depends on the context.

Old 09-09-2009, 11:18 AM

But its still a LIE! Those are the cute ones to catch people in. Shows sensitivity. I don't confront on those.

keeping out info is a lie too. Context aside

Old 09-09-2009, 11:22 AM

3,852 posts, read 8,254,336 times
Quote:
Yes, when it's used for improper purposes.

Old 09-09-2009, 11:22 AM

Quote:
But its still a LIE! Those are the cute ones to catch people in. Shows sensitivity. I don't confront on those.

keeping out info is a lie too. Context aside
How many women will lie to their boy friends when they ask if they were their best lover? Of course you know the answer. Women will say yes to make their guys feel happy and content. Is it a lie? Yes but it keeps love and peace possible.

Old 09-09-2009, 11:27 AM

Well its still a lie! See..you dirty liars! ;P

I guess I am back to right..everyone lies...Except for maybe mathe!♦♥♦

What is improper purposes have to do with it though? That is part of personal judgement isnt it?
Which would show your personallity beyond the lie would it not?

Old 09-09-2009, 11:35 AM

Quote:

What is improper purposes have to do with it though? That is part of personal judgement isnt it?
There is a difference between telling a little white lie to prevent hurting ones feelings and a big fat lie like I graduated from Yale.

Old 09-09-2009, 11:37 AM

3,852 posts, read 8,254,336 times
Quote:

What I mean by improper purposes is withholding information to protect yourself or another person. For example, if someone were to conveniently leave out a key peice of information to make themself sound better or feel better, that is lying. If I leave out information that I feel isn't relevant or could potentially put me in a bad position, I don't consider that lying. Yes, it is personal judgement, but so is what your own definition of lying is. This just happens to be mine, and I could care less if anyone wants to disagree. I do what works for me

Old 09-09-2009, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtheBanker View Post
What I mean by improper purposes is withholding information to protect yourself or another person. For example, if someone were to conveniently leave out a key peice of information to make themself sound better or feel better, that is lying. If I leave out information that I feel isn't relevant or could potentially put me in a bad position, I don't consider that lying. Yes, it is personal judgement, but so is what your own definition of lying is. This just happens to be mine, and I could care less if anyone wants to disagree. I do what works for me
I agree on that. After all how many women go around wearing the wonder bra and don't tell the guy they are interested in the are rather small? If a guy loves a woman her breasts size should not count.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships