Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 05:36 PM

151 posts, read 612,993 times

Advertisements

Where is the best place to meet single gay men?

I am 23 and live in a very small town. I grew up here and there is not any place that I know of to meet single gay men. Well, there is a one bar. However, I believe that the chances of meeting someone who will play a significant role in your life at a bar is slim.

I have a profile on several "dating" websites. But, from my experience, many of the men on these kind of sites are looking for a quick fix -- or should I say quick ****?

Haha.

Anyways, I don't have the opportunity to meet people at work. I'm not in school, so that's not an option. I don't really go anywhere except the mall and out to eat every week or so. My odds of meeting someone are very slim! I'm tired of turning to online "dating" sites looking for a relationship. Many of the people I have met only want that quick fix and/or not satisfied in their current relationship(s) and seek fulfillment by bringing a second, third or even fourth person into their lives.

What are my options?

Old 07-06-2011, 05:44 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,661,952 times
New York

Old 07-06-2011, 05:55 PM

That's not a realistic option. I don't have the need or even the finances to take a trip to New York.

I'm looking for realistic answers in which will be helpful in my search for a companion.

Old 07-06-2011, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophisticated Lifestyles View Post
That's not a realistic option. I don't have the need or even the finances to take a trip to New York.

I'm looking for realistic answers in which will be helpful in my search for a companion.
Where is the nearest gay state near you then?

Old 07-06-2011, 06:04 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,935,934 times
It Can be tough, especially if you're in a conservative area. Are there any gay social groups nearby? Charities that focus on GLBT issues? I know that when I first came out in small town NH, I joined a GLBT group that I found online and met some really great people.

PS- I met my fiancee in a bar

Old 07-06-2011, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Where is the nearest gay state near you then?
Gee, I don't know. I live in Tennessee.

But, looking out of state is not an any better option. I would ideally like to find someone within my area so we could get to know one another on a more personal level. Long distance relationships have never worked for me and unless I've met the person and really gotten to know them, I don't see how they could ever sustain long-term reality.

Old 07-06-2011, 06:10 PM

223 posts, read 166,416 times
Quote:
new york
godforbid!

Old 07-06-2011, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophisticated Lifestyles View Post
Gee, I don't know. I live in Tennessee.
You live in Tennessee? No wonder you are lonely!

Seriously..put an ad in the newspaper! Good luck~

Old 07-06-2011, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel and The Dolphin View Post
It Can be tough, especially if you're in a conservative area. Are there any gay social groups nearby? Charities that focus on GLBT issues? I know that when I first came out in small town NH, I joined a GLBT group that I found online and met some really great people.

PS- I met my fiancee in a bar
Great advice! There is a PFLAG organization where I live. I've never even considered trying to meet anyone there quite frankly. I will look into joining and perhaps going to their next meeting. This may be a great way to meet someone who is actually serious about forming a relationship.

The only problem I have is so many gay men, young and old, invest so much in how they look and make that their top priority when meeting someone. The gay world has become so superficial over the years. I may be only 23, but I have a good idea of what it takes to have a successful relationship.

Old 07-06-2011, 06:18 PM

Quote:
You live in Tennessee? No wonder you are lonely!

Seriously..put an ad in the newspaper! Good luck~
Yes, and I've suffered from depression for years because of where I live. It's not particularly easy for someone my age to just move half way across the country especially if you do not have the resources. I would love to live in a big city, and that may be possible some day, but not anytime in the near future.

Hopefully I will find someone in my area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships