Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 03:53 PM

37,591 posts, read 45,950,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
You know, for a bunch of people who are all searching for lasting relationships, you are sure ginning up a lot of excuses to keep from actually having one.

So what if the guy isn't enamored with dogs? What if this is an incredibly attractive, attentive, considerate, successful guy who just has a virulent allergy to dogs? Would you really give him the boot just for that?
No kidding. Wouldn't matter a hoot to me. Heck I plan to travel as much as possible once I retire (if that day EVER gets here!) and hopefully a pet will be the last thing on my mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2009, 03:56 PM

2,932 posts, read 5,419,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helplessinfl View Post
My deal breaker has been CATS... I can't stand any animal who will wake you early in the morning... scratches on closed doors for attention... goes to the bathroom in the house ( litter boxes are GROSS !! ) and after they go to the litter box, they jump up on your counters, tables, couch... ICK ..... FREAKING GROSS !
Cats can be trained not to jump up on counters and tables (mine are)...you just give them a little spritz of water from a spray bottle.

I love my cats dearly, and I think they know it. I probably lavish more time and affection on the chocolate lab next door (who's constantly tied up out in the yard...arrrggghhh) than his owner does. It would be very hard for me to be involved with someone who didn't like animals. Fortunately for me, it's never been an issue...yet.

Old 09-11-2009, 03:59 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,539,444 times
Quote:
You know, for a bunch of people who are all searching for lasting relationships, you are sure ginning up a lot of excuses to keep from actually having one.

So what if the guy isn't enamored with dogs? What if this is an incredibly attractive, attentive, considerate, successful guy who just has a virulent allergy to dogs? Would you really give him the boot just for that?
I understand allergies. In that case, what would one do if they already have a pet and met someone who is allergic?

There are plenty of people out there who love animals. I don't think making that a requirement would lessen one's chances of finding love to that great a degree.

Old 09-11-2009, 04:02 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,176,077 times
Quote:

They make medication for both your points!

Old 09-11-2009, 04:08 PM

314 posts, read 719,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
I don't trust anyone who doesn't like animals. I'm not saying he has to have a pet, but he must like animals. I plan on having a dog until the day I die.
After the escape from my previous life I wouldn't be here without my dogs-would I give them up for a man NOT HAPPENING. I also believe it is my responsibility to have my animals under control and well behaved.
My dogs are much better at reading the human creature than I am-if my dogs don't warm up to someone there is a major reason. I trust their instincts

Old 09-11-2009, 04:08 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,134,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
They make medication for both your points!
Hahahaha. Let's assume side effects, just like every medication.

I'm not a dog person. My wife had a dog when we got married, so I pretty much married the dog, too. The dog lived a long, fully life. But when it went to the Great Kennel In The Sky, I simply said, "You know, honey, I just don't need another dog." Given that we had three kids by then, it just wasn't a big deal.

We're down to a cat. After she goes to the Great Litter Box In The Sky, we're done with pets. It's not that we don't like animals. We just have all the responsibilities we can handle as it is.

Old 09-11-2009, 04:12 PM

29,739 posts, read 34,357,220 times
Quote:
Hahahaha. Let's assume side effects, just like every medication.
As an allergy sufferer, I'm nodding in agreement. I take allergy medicine when I visit with folks with pets, and for me, while I'm not itchy, it's like experiencing the world like you're looking through the wrong end of binoculars. It'll do in a pinch, but I couldn't live like that.

Old 09-11-2009, 04:26 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,176,077 times
I'd still keep the dogs.

Old 09-11-2009, 04:40 PM

1,741 posts, read 4,574,531 times
I don't really "like" dogs... I can tolerate them.

I am a cat person, I love cats, they fascinate me! I get along with them very well. Even as a kid, I wanted a cat instead of a dog.

Old 09-11-2009, 04:47 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:

I am allergic to dogs and cats. Just turned at the age 30. My body changed. However lived with pets all my life. Luckly all I have to do is take zurtek everyday and I'm fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships