Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 09:40 PM

742 posts, read 1,223,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcats View Post
Adults, children, pets, they're all just conglomeration of cells anyway.

Why is it "obsessive" that I'd share my bed with a dog if it wouldn't be odd to share it with another human (whose germs I'm much more likely to be infected with)?
its obsessive if you HAVE to have the dog in bed, and its kind of sad you compare humans with dogs for value
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2009, 09:45 PM

830 posts, read 2,704,482 times
Why? What makes one conglomeration of cells intrinsically more valuable than another? Nothing except human arrogance

I value my conglomerations of cells on an individual basis, not on the basis of their species. I'd rather share my bed with my dog than my boss, for instance.

Old 09-11-2009, 09:46 PM

say what you want hun. don't bash men that aren't of your mindset.

Old 09-11-2009, 09:52 PM

Quote:
theres plenty of reasons and none of which you can tell me are non-factors -
fur, smell, fleas

and if you want her in your bed, you CAN NOT blame humans for not wanting to also
They indeed are non-factors. Fur is hair. People have it too. It doesn't hurt. My dog doesn't smell. If she did I'd give her a bath. (I, on the other hand, DO smell if I don't wear deoderant). My dog doesn't have fleas, they don't survive at this arrid environment and elevation. If we lived somewhere where they did, she'd be on flea treatment - for her protection.

I don't blame others for not wanting to. I'm saying it's irrational as far as the arguments given to support the idea (fleas, smell, "an animal in a human bed"). And I'm saying they can't be in my bed if they don't want to share with a dog.

Old 09-11-2009, 09:56 PM

Quote:
say what you want hun. don't bash men that aren't of your mindset.
Bash men? When did I do that?

A woman can't get in my bed either if she doesn't want to share it with the dog I feel just as strongly about women who'd be willing to dump an animal as I would towards a man.

Old 09-11-2009, 10:02 PM

37,460 posts, read 45,679,521 times
Quote:
A woman can't get in my bed either if she doesn't want to share it with the dog
Yikes.

Old 09-11-2009, 10:03 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,499,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcinsov View Post
its obsessive if you HAVE to have the dog in bed, and its kind of sad you compare humans with dogs for value
There are some humans who should be put down.

Old 09-11-2009, 10:03 PM

Quote:
They indeed are non-factors. Fur is hair. People have it too. It doesn't hurt. My dog doesn't smell. If she did I'd give her a bath. (I, on the other hand, DO smell if I don't wear deoderant). My dog doesn't have fleas, they don't survive at this arrid environment and elevation. If we lived somewhere where they did, she'd be on flea treatment - for her protection.

I don't blame others for not wanting to. I'm saying it's irrational as far as the arguments given to support the idea (fleas, smell, "an animal in a human bed"). And I'm saying they can't be in my bed if they don't want to share with a dog.
theres noting let to talk about, since you are one of those kinds of pet people. nothing i say will make a difference to you.

by the way, the difference between us, is my not wanting a dog in bed just means it has to sleep elsewhere, your way forces the dog onto me

Old 09-11-2009, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
There are some humans who should be put down.
there sure are!

Old 09-11-2009, 10:08 PM

You're making some pretty wild leaps.

If I give in and say that humans are better than dogs, does that mean I have to share my bed with my boss?

(By the way, my boss female, if that's where you got the idea that I was bashing "him" by not wanting "him" in my bed in favor of my dog?)

There are plenty of men who are fine with a dog sleeping in the bed. It hasn't come up for me yet as a problem. I'm just saying, if it I did come across such a person who was not ok with it - no, they can't get in my bed, and yes, I think it's a silly hang-up.

Was "that's probably why you are single" supposed to be an insult? Because it's not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships