U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 03:21 PM
ttz ttz started this thread

679 posts, read 1,501,212 times

Advertisements

What do you all think about this.

If you were in a LTR with someone that:

1. Never wanted to drive to see you at your place or to meet somewhere in town. Always complained about the distance and the hassles of being in traffic. And simply wanted the other person so just come to their house all the time. They also just want you to stay over all the time and pretty much just move in. It's easier for them this way and they like it that way! They also did not ever want to go see your family or go to family functions, again it would require driving and some effort on their part. But you were expected to be over at thier house for family get togethers! Every single holiday too.

2. Hardly ever wants to do what you suggest. (like go to a park, go see a movie, go sight seeing, hiking, etc) You have to "talk them into it" and after some opposition they usually try it and do have a good time. But they seem to only want to do what they want or that it's their idea. Then they complain you never want to do anything fun!

3. When riding in the car, they only want to listen to music they like/know. If you play a song you like that they do not approve of they want to change it or turn the radio off. This is even if they are riding in your car! God forbid you touch their radio when in their car!

4. They do not seem to understand what it's like being a single parent. You have a young child you have custody for and they seem to only want to spend time with you alone and never want the kid around. They think it is perfectly acceptible to pawn off your kid at your parents or your Ex's every single weekend and during the week so you can spend "Alone time" with them. (keep in mind this is a woman that did this! I am sure most men will be like this though...)

I am of the belief that a relationship is a two way street and you both have to give and take. I guess some people are so used to having things their way all the time they get to be this way? I don't get it. This person seems very selfish and self centered to me. Am I off base?

Last edited by ttz; 09-11-2009 at 04:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2009, 03:25 PM

105 posts, read 217,667 times
I would have to agree... very selfish and self centered.

Old 09-11-2009, 03:26 PM

283 posts, read 841,276 times
two sides to every story, thought you were a woman talking about a man (at first) yes, she sounds too self centered. If you just dump her, maybe she would realize what she has, or she may just disappear, it is a risk. Don't know what to advise. But yes is your answer.

Old 09-11-2009, 03:38 PM

15,028 posts, read 21,753,522 times
I would say someone who is trying to control your every move. Anyone who is not willing to compromise in a relationship brings a red flag in my book.

Old 09-11-2009, 03:40 PM

28,905 posts, read 46,750,956 times
Look, she really doesn't like you enough to be inconvenienced one bit. She isn't interested in stepping outside of her comfort zone one millimeter. Doesn't exactly sounds like a giving person to me. I think you know what to do here.

Chances are, if you broke it off, she wouldn't even bat an eye. You're nothing more than a big shrug of the shoulders to her.

Old 09-11-2009, 03:44 PM

9,048 posts, read 14,327,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Look, she really doesn't like you enough to be inconvenienced one bit. She isn't interested in stepping outside of her comfort zone one millimeter. Doesn't exactly sounds like a giving person to me. I think you know what to do here.

Chances are, if you broke it off, she wouldn't even bat an eye. You're nothing more than a big shrug of the shoulders to her.
I agree with this, 100%.

Old 09-11-2009, 03:47 PM

25,953 posts, read 26,775,403 times
You had me at item #1

Old 09-12-2009, 01:44 PM

16,225 posts, read 22,611,053 times
Are you off base?
Not hardly. Sounds like you need to start looking for someone new, huh? (knudge, knudge!)

Old 09-12-2009, 01:46 PM

8,178 posts, read 16,553,343 times
I wouldn't be in a LTR with this person. I would have had enough of this after about a month.

Old 09-12-2009, 02:10 PM

1,629 posts, read 2,368,338 times
Your instincts are correct sir!! Sorry to hear it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or