Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 10:45 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,482,904 times

Advertisements

Your County Child Support Enforcement Offices!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2009, 10:49 AM

2,793 posts, read 6,122,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
If you dont have the "Im looking for chicks" vibe and energy about yourself you can meet women just about anywhere you go - gas station, bookstore, mall, Starbucks, shopping, market, park, running, restaurants, at gatherings with your friends, beach, etc.

It also helps if you have a personality and open and excited about meeting people. Most guys who have problems meeting women have that "Im out for chicks" vibe/energy about them instead of just being genuine, open and nice. Oh, and those same guys seem to never or try not to smile because they are so worried about their "image" or being/seeming tough/hard.
Yes, I understand that. But there are better places than others to meet women. Also it helps if you can meet people more than once. I can get a conversation going, but usually not a date lol.

Old 09-14-2009, 10:50 AM

2,793 posts, read 6,122,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Walmart at the first of the month.

You talk about a freak show. They get their checks from the govenment and come out of the mountains.

It's entertaining to say the least.

ANSWER: Why?

Why do you want to find places to pick up women?

I would say a shoe store.
Are you serious? lol

Old 09-14-2009, 12:13 PM

3,256 posts, read 8,900,644 times
I am actually trying to think if I have met anyone in a "public place" that I ended up dating.

And..I really haven't. One guy was a neighbor, another I met at college, others were just through friends or gathering with lots of people. Sorry. But as far as the grocery store goes, it would depend on what type of woman you want to meet. I personally wouldn't be super open to that, because it's too random and there are just as many creeps shopping for food, as there are someplace like the subway.

Good luck to you.

Old 09-14-2009, 12:22 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,046,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
In all my years of grocery shopping, I have never EVER met a man in a grocery store. So I guess it's just us hot women that are in there.
My husband and I met in a grocery store! We've been together 15 years and have two awesome kids now. It was a Whole Foods!

School is a good place - take classes at your community college. Something that interests you like history, archeology, music lessons, etc. You'll maybe meet someone who shares your interests... and community colleges are full of people from all ages and backgrounds - not just young people! Lots of career people go back to community college when they want to change careers or earn some kind of certificate that will help them advance in their current career. LOTS of single moms at community colleges, too.

Old 09-14-2009, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardhouseelf View Post
My husband and I met in a grocery store! We've been together 15 years and have two awesome kids now. It was a Whole Foods!
I REALLY wish Whole Foods was closer to where I live. I LOVE them!

Old 09-14-2009, 01:13 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,639,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridadreamer View Post
I REALLY wish Whole Foods was closer to where I live. I LOVE them!
So do I. I just don't like their prices. But at least you know that the people who shop there are more health-conscious. I went into a Walmart right after coming from a Whole Foods just to see the contrast. It's just crazy to go from one place full of really fit and youthful looking middle aged people to a place full of people needing carts to get around.

Old 09-14-2009, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
So do I. I just don't like their prices. But at least you know that the people who shop there are more health-conscious. I went into a Walmart right after coming from a Whole Foods just to see the contrast. It's just crazy to go from one place full of really fit and youthful looking middle aged people to a place full of people needing carts to get around.

Glad I am not the only one that finds those cars annoying. Seriously people, get off your butts and WALK around the store, you might burn 100 calories.

Old 09-14-2009, 01:32 PM

914 posts, read 1,806,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Abortion clinics...at least you know they put out.

Coolhand, way to steal that from the movie Dogma.

I flipping hate this question, if you don't know where to find a girl, you're better off single. But if you wanna know a good place, friends of friends is the best. Host a party, invite everyone. BAM. I take it back, I think its ridiculous because i'm a girl and boys do aaaaaaall the work.

Old 09-14-2009, 01:38 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,804,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zz4guy View Post
Where have you had luck approaching and talking to women? Grocery stores, on the street, Wally WOrld? Where else? Just looking for ideas.
Online mostly, volunteer events, networking with your friends, colleges.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships