U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 01:46 PM

13,740 posts, read 12,631,336 times

Advertisements

So I was out to lunch today and I had a cute waiter. He seemed like a nice guy, not overly talkative or anything, just politely doing his job. I hardly ever go to this restaurant, so I figured what the heck? I'll just leave him a nice tip and my number on the credit card slip, and then run out of the place before any embarrassment settles in. I'm not a very forward girl, so I just wrote, "Thanks, Mike!" and I left my phone number at the bottom, but I didn't write "Call me." The receipt didn't ask for a phone number, so do you think he'd get the hint that I was leaving it for him? I don't even think he'll call, but I just want to know how to flirt with a waiter in case I ever get the urge to do it again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2009, 02:02 PM

1,743 posts, read 3,994,873 times
Ouch!

Old 09-13-2009, 02:08 PM
f_m

2,289 posts, read 7,514,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
So I was out to lunch today and I had a cute waiter. He seemed like a nice guy, not overly talkative or anything, just politely doing his job. I hardly ever go to this restaurant, so I figured what the heck? I'll just leave him a nice tip and my number on the credit card slip, and then run out of the place before any embarrassment settles in. I'm not a very forward girl, so I just wrote, "Thanks, Mike!" and I left my phone number at the bottom, but I didn't write "Call me." The receipt didn't ask for a phone number, so do you think he'd get the hint that I was leaving it for him? I don't even think he'll call, but I just want to know how to flirt with a waiter in case I ever get the urge to do it again.
I was at a place and the guy told the waitress he was going to put his number down in case she was interested in calling. Seems like a fairly low pressure thing to do. You should start by using their name in talking and ask basic things about the restaurant and dishes. Then maybe ask more like if they are going to school (if they look that young), etc...

Old 09-13-2009, 02:13 PM

2,115 posts, read 4,501,486 times
There's always old school flirting techniques: playful banter, a sexy attitude, and the EYES.

Leaving your number is always an obvious move lol and not a bad thing unless you frequent the restaurant and you're going to see this particular waiter/waitress again... and again. Then it would be potentially awkward if he/she never called.

I would leave a little note along with your number though, something short and sweet. A little smiley face never hurt anyone either lol.

Old 09-13-2009, 02:19 PM

16,227 posts, read 22,536,369 times
You could always go back again and have lunch another day.
I would request that he was your waiter.
Leaving your number? Meh. Some guys just don`t get it.

Old 09-13-2009, 02:22 PM

7,005 posts, read 18,579,115 times
I went once to this mexican restaurant and the waitress looked like she was pulled out from the centerfold of a magazine. She asked me if she could get anything. I said to her: "I would like to have you on a platter". She cracked up and we continue to flirt all night. Then I woke up.

Old 09-13-2009, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
I would leave a little note along with your number though, something short and sweet. A little smiley face never hurt anyone either lol.
I actually did draw a little smiley face! I just think that since I didn't flirt with him at all during the meal, and I didn't specifically write "CALL ME", he might not have realized that I had the hots for him.

Old 09-13-2009, 02:31 PM

24,671 posts, read 58,108,828 times
Waitstaff don't necessarily ring the credit card transactions into the register - many times the manager/owner is responsible for that - so he may not even have seen your number.

Old 09-13-2009, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Waitstaff don't necessarily ring the credit card transactions into the register - many times the manager/owner is responsible for that - so he may not even have seen your number.
Really? I thought he would at least open up the bill holder to check for a tip- in which case he would've had to notice the extra scribble on the credit card slip.

Old 09-13-2009, 03:19 PM
ttz

679 posts, read 1,497,061 times
I was thinking about this before and thought that a little flirting at first, then when you leave the bill use a card with your first name and phone number. I would make sure you hand it to your wait er/ress. (a dating card you can hand out to people) then you could write something on the card like, "If you would like to go out sometime, give me a call"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships