U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 01:08 PM

26,323 posts, read 24,422,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by akck View Post
The Bichon we had was the most cat-like dog we ever owned. We referred to her as the pillow princess. People thought we owned a cat because they'd see her on the back of the couch looking out the front window. We now have a rescue GSD who must have grown up with cats. He likes to grab a tennis ball and bat it around the room with his front paws.
Mine is a rescue, he was severely abused, matter of fact, he was taken to the pound for aggression. His foster mom was a trainer who worked miracles with him.

I saw his picture on Pet finder and fell in love with him.

He's between 9 -10 years old, deaf and almost blind, but a really really sweet dog. He is independent and stubborn...so am I....do we look alike? well, if I don't shave my face, I'd say so, cuz my hair is white and curly...LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2009, 01:09 PM

37 posts, read 94,539 times
Comes down to this- can't stand chicks that treat their dogs like relatives- they usually have a screw loose, can't trust a chick with more than 2 cats, they are cat ladies in training

Old 09-14-2009, 03:16 PM

25,906 posts, read 36,209,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Having a cat as a pet is the same as having a fish tank, or a snake, or turtles, and it just irritates me that woman say "Oh my cat has such a personality.......blah blah blah". Im thinking "No it doesnt. Cats all act the same and their personalities greatly pale in comparison to a dog".
Funny, I think the same thing but in reverse. Cats have personalities, dogs don't. A dog is exactly the same all the time. OMG! Hi! Hi! Hey! Hi! What's that? OMG! I love you! Hey! Hi! Hey! What's that? Hi!

I just don't like that much animal in my face all the time.

Old 09-14-2009, 03:27 PM

11,368 posts, read 18,562,952 times
I would just like to know why some people enjoy having a reptile as a pet.People who enjoy a unemotional unloyal cold blooded animal as a pet is what I wonder about.

Old 09-14-2009, 03:34 PM

2,657 posts, read 7,170,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaspercheron View Post
Yeah, there is something about people who have multiple pets too that kind of erks me. I know a woman and no I'm not exaggerating, she has, ready??? She has 7 dogs and about 7 or 8 cats. She is not married and not dating (no suprise there). I met a woman once who has ... wait, ready? 45 birds - all those small birds... finches or something. What??? Who has that many animals??? Ummm... it's this excessivness that would concern me if I were single and met someone like that. There is no way I could date a person with a crap load of animals.
Heh. <Looks at the 5 dogs and what .. 3 .. 4 .. cats currently surrounding me.>

Single people with that many pets do need special consideration. That big of a pet family is expensive, time consuming, and life-limiting. But if they are rescues, that just speaks of someone with a generous personality.

I didn't collect that many critters until after marrying and moving to the country, but I wouldn't say that a single person with that many pets should be noted as unworthy of a relationship. They are just limited in the pool of people who want to deal with them. Kind of like .... ohh... I dunno ... people with kids?

Old 09-14-2009, 03:41 PM

2,657 posts, read 7,170,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Cats all act the same and their personalities greatly pale in comparison to a dog".
::snorts Pepsi up nose::

You know diddly-damn about cats, then. *sheesh*

I have 7 cats (most of them are outside). That's seven different personalities to deal with; needing the skill of a negotiator to enable them all to get along.

Old 09-14-2009, 04:01 PM

1,645 posts, read 4,006,999 times
Cats are just cooler. More laid back, chill, and independent. While dogs are constantly in your face and not to mention, smelly and loud, which can get annoying. Plus cats are skilled hunters unlike dogs.

Old 09-14-2009, 04:02 PM

358 posts, read 855,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Funny, I think the same thing but in reverse. Cats have personalities, dogs don't. A dog is exactly the same all the time. OMG! Hi! Hi! Hey! Hi! What's that? OMG! I love you! Hey! Hi! Hey! What's that? Hi!

I just don't like that much animal in my face all the time.
Nah, most cats that I've ever encountered were all the same. "Stay away from me..." rofl

Dogs have all different kinds of personalities.

Old 09-14-2009, 04:08 PM

5,356 posts, read 16,304,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol76 View Post
Cats are just cooler. More laid back, chill, and independent. While dogs are constantly in your face and not to mention, smelly, which can get annoying. Plus cats are skilled hunters unlike dogs.
I take exception to that. Last winter our GSD nailed a mouse by our wood pile. The prior summer, our GR brought a mouse she caught into the house. I'll agree that cats can be more skilled, but dogs can be hunters too.

Old 09-14-2009, 04:12 PM

358 posts, read 855,760 times
Cats might be more tactful in their approach, but dogs will hunt something down for MILES on smell alone.

There's a reason they have tracking dogs and not tracking cats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or