Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 05:02 PM

6,351 posts, read 21,533,933 times

Advertisements

The way I see it, I'd be so involved in my other interests that I'd be bound to meet someone sooner or later. Wife and I have a wonderful relationship, but both of us would want the other to be happy if something happened to one of us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2009, 05:07 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,190,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzoom3 View Post
This question is directed at married/attached people mostly. Let's say you found yourself single through no fault of your own, ie. your significant other leaves you, or maybe passes away, what would you do?

Someone I know asked me this the other day & it got me thinking. As bad as the single dating scene seems to be now, I think I'd just stay single & not even bother to date or to look for anyone. I have my family, friends, and a dog to keep me company, so I think I'd be just fine.
The first things that comes to mind as to what I would do, if I didn't have a child, would be to rent out several rooms in my home for an income and finish my ph d. The way I feel now, dating would be the last thing on my mind, but who knows if something terrible happened.

Old 09-14-2009, 06:25 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,357,424 times
That's a good question. I know when I left my husband, I never thought I would be single for the rest of my life. I am not right now, either.

I think it would be me time.

Old 09-15-2009, 08:26 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,643,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Sue View Post
I've already thought of this one....well more back when my husband was a drinking alcoholic diabetic...
Not that I don't love my husband and our life together.......

I would actually for the 1st time in my life live by myself.

I went from my parents home, to roommates to my husband.

I'd be in no hurry whatsoever to get married or live with someone again.

Not even the pool boy I'd hire even tho I don't have a pool.
Off topic but your post rang true with me - I noted this very fact to my SO the other day, I have NEVER lived by myself! I went from parents to roommate, to marriage, to divorce and living with my kids, to new relationship, all of us living together and then kids moved out and we still live together. I have never actually lived by myself though. I was kind of one of those surreal, "ahhh" moments LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships