U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 03:22 PM

1,385 posts, read 1,631,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
I think it would be great!
I came home from work one day, and my son was dressed up in his little suit and tie, greeting me at the door. DH was in the kitchen cooking our meal, and they had me a place to sit that was all set up resturant style. They even named their resturant!
I thought it was the sweetest thing!
Hope they remembered the old wine bottle with the candle in the neck! (Or just candles, period . . . )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2009, 03:48 PM

16,227 posts, read 22,549,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhistlerMCMLV View Post
Hope they remembered the old wine bottle with the candle in the neck! (Or just candles, period . . . )
Yes. There was a candle burning, and also a rose from my rose garden.

Old 09-14-2009, 08:13 PM

4,837 posts, read 7,798,799 times
Default Men Just Cannot Win

First there's:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I am not impressed by a man cooking or serving wine. These are things all grown-ups are supposed to know how to do.
Then.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMichelle View Post
I don't cook. So I really enjoy it when a man cooks! I enjoy formal dining so a special dinner at home is a winner for me. Yes, going a bit out of his way for a nice bottle of wine is very nice.
This would be an unacceptable double standard if such thoughts were expressed by men.

I think this says it all:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
. Aw, come on, what has happened to romance. No wonder people don't want to date anymore.

Old 09-14-2009, 08:27 PM

42,837 posts, read 78,888,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor_McCheese View Post
Men who drink wine are called gay.
Only in your alternative universe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
Women, when a man has you over his place and prepares you a nice homemade meal, and the presentation is great as well as the taste, how much of a turn-on is it? Does it heighten the chances you'll sleep with him afterwards? This assuming you're already dating or that you're on the threshold of becoming a couple.

If so - what exactly is it that is so enticing or charming or whatever about a man who knows his way around the kitchen and can present you with a yummy and well-presented meal?

And, also - if the alcohol accompanying the dinner is wine, does it matter how he serves you... does a decanter, or does he serving it after briefly explaining the name and type of wine, etc, as a waiter/sommelier would, mean anything?
The kind of wine or the knowledge don't particularly matter to me, but the rest is all great - sweet, romantic, showing effort... and very likely to be rewarded!

Old 09-14-2009, 08:45 PM

25,840 posts, read 32,832,075 times
Quote:
Women, when a man has you over his place and prepares you a nice homemade meal, and the presentation is great as well as the taste, how much of a turn-on is it? Does it heighten the chances you'll sleep with him afterwards? This assuming you're already dating or that you're on the threshold of becoming a couple.
His cooking dinner for me would have absolutely no bearing on whether or not I decided to sleep with him.

Quote:
If so - what exactly is it that is so enticing or charming or whatever about a man who knows his way around the kitchen and can present you with a yummy and well-presented meal?
Frankly, I would be a little uncomfortable having a man prepare a meal for me - I would feel like I had to be doing something. I'd much rather us prepare the meal together - MUCH sexier and far more fun. But the fact that he knows how to cook, and enjoys it, that is a good sign!

Quote:
And, also - if the alcohol accompanying the dinner is wine, does it matter how he serves you... does a decanter, or does he serving it after briefly explaining the name and type of wine, etc, as a waiter/sommelier would, mean anything?
I don't care for alcohol with my dinner. And if he pulled the waiter stuff, I'd probably just crack up...sounds too silly and pretentious.

Old 09-14-2009, 08:49 PM

25,840 posts, read 32,832,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhistlerMCMLV View Post
or, b) draw her in and let's whip it up together. Ladies and gentlemen, you'd be absolutely amazed to discover that your kitchen can be the most romantic and sensuous room in the whole house.
You got it.

Old 09-14-2009, 08:52 PM

795 posts, read 2,078,812 times
Talking go a Viking w/an elephant

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman6974 View Post
I think a couple steaks and Budweiser would go along just fine .
Budweiser!! yuck - a nice 'strong' Viking brew like the Elephant for me.

# Beer type - Strong Pilsner
# Alcohol by volume (ABV) - 7,2%
At 7.2% itís one of the stronger mainstream lagers.

Old 09-14-2009, 09:31 PM

2,796 posts, read 5,479,396 times
The dude is lame. Cooking is much more sexy when a woman does it.

Old 09-14-2009, 10:00 PM

1,077 posts, read 3,140,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkansasTraveler View Post
Budweiser!! yuck - a nice 'strong' Viking brew like the Elephant for me.

# Beer type - Strong Pilsner
# Alcohol by volume (ABV) - 7,2%
At 7.2% itís one of the stronger mainstream lagers.

Usually with a 7.2% ABV I usually think of an Ale. But hey, I would give it a try. I just like to keep it real in America so I drink mostly domestic . Have you tried the new Budweiser American Ale? Tasty .

But to get back on the subject at hand. If my wife wanted me to cook her a fine meal with wine and such, I would do that for her. Maybe suprise her on her birthday maybe. But as for doing it while dating, ahhhhh not my style. I rather take her on a picnic or something. Then afterwards we can be intimate with nature surrounding us .

Old 09-15-2009, 02:17 AM

1,630 posts, read 2,361,131 times
Quote:
haha. ate him up like candy.

repped.
Thanx for points and compliments! It's great to see romantics at work in this thread!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or