Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 11:06 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,480,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post

Aw, come on, what has happened to romance. No wonder people dont want to date anymore.
Exactly!!!!!!!!!!! Where is the ROMANCE now? I fear it is gone. Men dont know how to woo a woman anymore. And I'm afraid alot of young ladies wouldnt know they are being wooed if hit them in the face. Facebook. Myspace.Chemistry.com Maybe if a few of you ladies demand these men to be gentlemen, IN PERSON, we would have a few more gentlemen in society. A gentleman knows the difference between Pinot Noir and Merlot. He knows the difference between a good night kiss and a "i want to get in your panties right now" kiss. He knows to put a long stem rose on her plate before serving the meal he made for her. A meal he made after taking the time to find out her likes and dislikes. He knows it doesnt make him "gay" for knowing these things. He pulls out chairs for her and he opens doors for her. A gentleman doesnt show up for a first date in jeans and ACDC t shirt. And as long as you "ladies" keep allowing these men to act like cretins instead of gentlemen, you have no right complaining about thier uncivilized behavior. They will only work as hard as they have to. It is my opinion that, even if just on the first few dates, ladies will act like ladies, the men will follow suit and act like gentlemen. Social skills among our young ones are lacking and I think this would be a much better place if we could go back to the days when ladies were ladies and gentlemen were gentlemen. And I hate to dissappoint all you skeptics, but guess what? Gentlemen get laid just as often as anyone else. We just get laid by a better class of women! The rantings of someone who remembers a better day? Maybe. But I can assure you that I've never met a woman who didnt at least once in her life, want to be treated "like a lady!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2009, 11:18 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,833,646 times
BRAVO, Capt. Dan.
Tried to rep you.
I havent been in the dating pool in a long time but I can still vaguely remember what it is like to be in the presence of true gentlemen.

Old 09-16-2009, 11:47 AM

20,707 posts, read 19,351,786 times
Quote:
BRAVO, Capt. Dan.
Tried to rep you.
I havent been in the dating pool in a long time but I can still vaguely remember what it is like to be in the presence of true gentlemen.
Hi 2mares,

I repped you both. Its absolutely true. I keep reading, and seeing, how women talk about how they see no reason why they should dress up for a man, and that men see no reason why they should bother. Don't other species try to impress their mates?
I have been informed that I am supposed to be impressed by a woman's career and intelligence. That should be enough. Now I have been accused of being a walking encyclopedia, and I have impeccable geek credentials; I certainly enjoy an intelligent conversation. However instead of enumerating my 7 cervical vertebrae, my future wife began to rub my neck.

Old 09-16-2009, 11:56 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,722,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi 2mares,

I repped you both. Its absolutely true. I keep reading, and seeing, how women talk about how they see no reason why they should dress up for a man, and that men see no reason why they should bother. Don't other species try to impress their mates?
I disagree.

I believe there are romantic ideas that transcend time, place, and social mores. However I do not think these ideas have anything to do with what we eat, drink, or wear.

Quote:
However instead of enumerating my 7 cervical vertebrae, my future wife began to rub my neck.

Old 09-16-2009, 12:11 PM

36,499 posts, read 30,833,646 times
Quote:
However I do not think these ideas have anything to do with what we eat, drink, or wear.
But isnt romance stimulated by our senses? So that visuals, smells, tastes, touch, all serve to stir that romantic spark within us?

Old 09-16-2009, 12:15 PM

8,262 posts, read 18,480,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber_factory View Post
I disagree.

I believe there are romantic ideas that transcend time, place, and social mores. However I do not think these ideas have anything to do with what we eat, drink, or wear.

When you present a lady with flowers it means " I look forward to being with you." When you take the time to learn her likes and dislikes it means "I'm interested in getting to know you." When you prepare a meal for a lady it means "your company is worth my time and effort." When you bother to put on a suit for your first date it means " this is important to me and your opinion of me matters." When you give a lady a kiss on the cheek after a first date it means I respect you and am willing to do whatever allows you to respect yourself. When you try to shove your tongue down her throat before you even reach her doorstep, it says that to you shes just another piece of tail and no more than that. What is so damn hard about understanding this?

Old 09-16-2009, 12:42 PM

20,707 posts, read 19,351,786 times
Quote:
But isnt romance stimulated by our senses? So that visuals, smells, tastes, touch, all serve to stir that romantic spark within us?
Hi 2mares,

I wonder how this lack of sensuality translates into the eventual offspring? That women ever were convinced that formula was better than breast feeding and mothers milk is indicative of what happens when sensuality is given no consideration. We must eat. We are to varying degrees impacted by what we eat. What I was fed growing up impacted my health and it certainly did not make me more desirable to contribute to the next generation. If a women appreciates my presentation of food, I simply anticipate she would also appreciate it for our child. My wife will sometimes discard what others will give to our child. So in my case, I was correct.

Old 09-16-2009, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
When you present a lady with flowers it means " I look forward to being with you."

What is so damn hard about understanding this?
So when you make lecherous comments to women all across city-data, what's the romantic message behind that?

Old 09-16-2009, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Sure.

What I dispute is Cap't Dan's idea of one-size-fits-all romance, where we all must wear tuxedos, drink cabernet sauvignon, give women red roses, and repeat the exact lines we heard off Tuesday's episode of Days of our Lives.

Romance should be organic, and require original thought, not follow some predictable script.

Old 09-16-2009, 12:51 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,391,501 times
being cared for is highly desirable, its genderless.
putting down the sword and shield of what has become a predator game
gives the arms a break and needed rest.
of course you wana be sure the meal is not just another fake intimacy game and you have not laid down a shield that in fact you need.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships