Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 12:08 AM

114 posts, read 214,320 times

Advertisements

I'm not much of a cooker

But I have been told that I'm quite the looker in a pink apron.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2012, 02:53 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,476,977 times
I think what is romantic about a man preparing a meal himself and serving you is he is giving of himself and doing something not a lot of men do. He is making a concerted effort to do something special for you and that is sexy. As far as the wine, I think a glass of wine even from the bottle is fine, to me that doesn't make a big difference.

Old 07-08-2012, 03:01 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,047,835 times
I love cooking and would gladly cook for a date . I think cooking for each other is one of the most intimate, loving things you can do for each other.

Old 07-08-2012, 06:10 AM

3,437 posts, read 6,073,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
I second that!!!!! And it makes one wonder how he is so familiar with gay characteristics. Doesn't it?
Really late, but those that see "Gay" in everyday activities are most likely conflicted in their own feelings and desires.

The best Chefs are male, the best Tailors are male, and in both accounts for the most part STRAIGHT.

Old 07-08-2012, 09:13 AM

2,006 posts, read 4,306,974 times
I don't know about most of you guys, but if you were born after the year 1980 (or lets say 1975), in my experience most women I've dealt with have been horrible cooks and they took pride in the fact that they didn't know how to prepare a nice meal. Its a big red flag in my book when you meet up with a girl and she's more excited to visit Chipotle than have a nice filling meal prepared from home at a fraction of the cost. Spending more than $2 for something like guacamole is absolutely ridiculous.

I love to cook, it's been a hobby of mine for a few years now but I agree that as an adult you should know how to put basic meals together. I don't even knock girls who actually try because I know that at least their heart is in the right place.

Old 07-08-2012, 09:38 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,047,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
I don't know about most of you guys, but if you were born after the year 1980 (or lets say 1975), in my experience most women I've dealt with have been horrible cooks and they took pride in the fact that they didn't know how to prepare a nice meal. Its a big red flag in my book when you meet up with a girl and she's more excited to visit Chipotle than have a nice filling meal prepared from home at a fraction of the cost. Spending more than $2 for something like guacamole is absolutely ridiculous.

I love to cook, it's been a hobby of mine for a few years now but I agree that as an adult you should know how to put basic meals together. I don't even knock girls who actually try because I know that at least their heart is in the right place.
Yeah, I don't think women of my generation are any more likely to cook or be better cook than the men. Many of my generation eat out a lot more than their parents or their grand-parents did, and even the cooking they do do involves a lot less preparation. How many people can bake a nice apple pie? In fact it's something I'd love to learn how to do, but I haven't go around to doing it. I enjoy preparation new dishes all of the time...I'm a novice and far from a chef, but I do have a passion for cooking.

Old 07-08-2012, 11:25 AM

766 posts, read 1,658,214 times
I love a man that can cook and enjoys a glass of wine. I don't just mean grilling either, but a man that cooks good food in the house.

Old 07-08-2012, 12:46 PM

2,006 posts, read 4,306,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Yeah, I don't think women of my generation are any more likely to cook or be better cook than the men. Many of my generation eat out a lot more than their parents or their grand-parents did, and even the cooking they do do involves a lot less preparation. How many people can bake a nice apple pie? In fact it's something I'd love to learn how to do, but I haven't go around to doing it. I enjoy preparation new dishes all of the time...I'm a novice and far from a chef, but I do have a passion for cooking.
Here's something to try for laughs, find a busy street or either a group of female friends and ask them "two cups of water, one cup of...?". It's an extremely simple answer but you'd be surprised how many people fumble on it.

Old 07-08-2012, 01:04 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,073,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
Here's something to try for laughs, find a busy street or either a group of female friends and ask them "two cups of water, one cup of...?". It's an extremely simple answer but you'd be surprised how many people fumble on it.

Vodka?

Old 07-08-2012, 01:49 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,028,651 times
OK, it's old but it's still a good thread. When I saw it again, I stopped to think *WHY* would a gentleman who can cook be especially attractive?

First of all, it screams out, I AM COMPETENT. I AM NOT LAZY. I AM PERFECTLY CAPABLE OF TAKING CARE OF MYSELF. I love that. Probably because I never saw my father cook anything, even a sandwich. He needed a woman to take care of him. Come to think of it, I don't believe he knew how to turn on the dishwasher or the washing machine either. Whenever my Mom wasn't available for household duties, he would call me or my sister. And both my parents worked so it wasn't like Mom sat at home all day. Her work was never done. My father would come home and relax...

I want my SO to want and need me, but for the right reasons. Not because he isn't capable of taking care of himself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships