Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 01:24 PM

4,483 posts, read 5,329,722 times

Advertisements

Women, when a man has you over his place and prepares you a nice homemade meal, and the presentation is great as well as the taste, how much of a turn-on is it? Does it heighten the chances you'll sleep with him afterwards? This assuming you're already dating or that you're on the threshold of becoming a couple.

If so - what exactly is it that is so enticing or charming or whatever about a man who knows his way around the kitchen and can present you with a yummy and well-presented meal?

And, also - if the alcohol accompanying the dinner is wine, does it matter how he serves you... does a decanter, or does he serving it after briefly explaining the name and type of wine, etc, as a waiter/sommelier would, mean anything?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2009, 01:28 PM

443 posts, read 1,792,929 times
Men who drink wine are called gay.

You sound like you're trying hard to get laid.

Old 09-14-2009, 01:30 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
I am not impressed by a man cooking or serving wine. These are things all grown-ups are supposed to know how to do.

Old 09-14-2009, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor_McCheese View Post
Men who drink wine are called gay.

You sound like you're trying hard to get laid.
Haha.

To each his own, dude - wine or what not.

Old 09-14-2009, 01:32 PM

1,356 posts, read 3,915,827 times
Eh, who actually does this these days? I would think a women would think you were trying too hard. But I may be wrong.

I think a couple steaks and Budweiser would go along just fine .

Old 09-14-2009, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I am not impressed by a man cooking or serving wine. These are things all grown-ups are supposed to know how to do.
OK - but in your experience, none of the fellas you dated ever did this for you AND impressed you in the process? Do you then say you expect men to know how to cook, and if he doesn't, does that diminish him as far as you're concerned?

Old 09-14-2009, 01:34 PM

1,570 posts, read 5,986,546 times
I don't cook. So I really enjoy it when a man cooks! I enjoy formal dining so a special dinner at home is a winner for me. Yes, going a bit out of his way for a nice bottle of wine is very nice.

Old 09-14-2009, 01:35 PM

36,519 posts, read 30,847,571 times
LOL. Ok, from a very low maintance woman.

Quote:
Women, when a man has you over his place and prepares you a nice homemade meal, and the presentation is great as well as the taste, how much of a turn-on is it?
It is a big turn on provided he actually prepared the meal. The only man that ever prepared a very tasty and nicely presented meal I found out later he didnt actually prepare it.

Quote:
Does it heighten the chances you'll sleep with him afterwards? This assuming you're already dating or that you're on the threshold of becoming a couple.
No. well, maybe.

Quote:
If so - what exactly is it that is so enticing or charming or whatever about a man who knows his way around the kitchen and can present you with a yummy and well-presented meal?
I suspose the same things men find appealing about women that cook and present a meal well. Knowing the person cares enough to go to the trouble, knowing you wont be expected to prepare all the meals in the relationship. And there is just something appealing about a man that is not above doing things that are considered "womans work"

Quote:
And, also - if the alcohol accompanying the dinner is wine, does it matter how he serves you... does a decanter, or does he serving it after briefly explaining the name and type of wine, etc, as a waiter/sommelier would, mean anything?
I would prefer he not go on about the wine like he is some expert. As long as he pours it in a glass and dosent serve it in the bottle wrapped in a brown paper bag. Now, you really need PTC's input on this.

Old 09-14-2009, 01:48 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,551,038 times
I love it when a guy cooks for me and it's GOOD. I also enjoy a person who has at least a little knowledge of fine wines. I don't think it means you are gay at all , more like cultured.

Old 09-14-2009, 01:52 PM

36,519 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
I am not impressed by a man cooking or serving wine. These are things all grown-ups are supposed to know how to do

Quote:
Eh, who actually does this these days? I would think a women would think you were trying too hard. But I may be wrong.
Aw, come on, what has happened to romance. No wonder people dont want to date anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships