Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 01:21 PM

1,089 posts, read 1,420,620 times

Advertisements

This whole thing is more than just a little creepy to me. A man that supposedly loves his wife is going to put her in a situation of either having a baby she doesn't want (kids last a lifetime) or, killing it before it's born. This is disgusting on so many levels. Of course people are calling in and supporting him, they won't have to pay the child support. It's like being an accessory to a train wreck that you can't be prosecuted for.

If this guy wants a kid so bad, he should ask the wife if she'd be agreeable to him having a child with a surrogate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2009, 01:40 PM

1,828 posts, read 3,789,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilred0005 View Post
I was listening in the car this morn. to a local radio station's A.M. show. when a guy called the station for advice. He said he's been married for 5 yrs and that he deeply loved his wife and they had a great relationship except that they couldn't agree on the subject of children. Apparently, they both went into the marriage wanting kids but she has recently changed her mind and no longer wants kids. The husband is very upset, having expressed a deep desire to have kids but the wife is adamant against having kids. The husband told the radio station that he is going to sabotage his wife's birth control for "the greater good". I found this disturbing on many levels and very hurtful and decietful but was shocked when several people called in to incourage him to go through with the sabotage. What do you all think of this situation? Do you think he should sabotage his wife's birth control? He said her expected love for the child in question would overcome any resentment about having an unwanted pregnancy but I'm not so sure. What are your thoughts and opinions? Take care,.......lil red
That guy is an A-1 -------!!!!!!!!!! She should get a tubal ligation right now to spoil his plan!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-15-2009, 01:44 PM

11,294 posts, read 18,872,835 times
While I can feel for the guy in the wife changing her mind so absolutely, his action is horrible and is akin to stopping a robbery by blowing up the store.

The solution is simple, leave her. There are plenty of women out there who will want to have children and for whom you will be happier. Enjoy what you had, cut your losses, and move on dude.....

Old 09-15-2009, 04:21 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,182,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big daryle View Post
That guy is an A-1 -------!!!!!!!!!! She should get a tubal ligation right now to spoil his plan!!!!!!!!!

Why ?

She also would be spoiling her plan.

It was explained she didn't want children now due to lack of finances.

Old 09-15-2009, 04:23 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times
I guess he could drop her for a single mother...ready made kids--he'd be so happy!!

Old 09-15-2009, 04:23 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,673,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
Why ?

She also would be spoiling her plan.

It was explained she didn't want children now due to lack of finances.
If only people could/would read ....

Old 09-15-2009, 04:26 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
If only people could/would read ....
Explained later, perhaps. Not at all in the OP. And that's generally the post I make my first response to.

Why are some people so dead set on perpetuating their genes?

Old 09-15-2009, 04:44 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,673,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Explained later, perhaps. Not at all in the OP. And that's generally the post I make my first response to.
I wasn't responding to you but to marmac who was commenting on big daryle's post. But, if the shoe fits (which it may well) then by all means wear it.

Old 09-15-2009, 04:48 PM

767 posts, read 2,065,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big daryle View Post

You've got that right. What a creep!!!

Old 09-15-2009, 04:49 PM

17,208 posts, read 57,041,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilred0005 View Post
He didn't mention what kind of birth control she is using but I have heard of this type of thing before. In fact, one of the callers said her now ex-husband did the same thing to her and actually told her when she was 5 mo. pregnant, what he had done. The husband actually said he was doing his wife a favor because once the kid is born she will fall in love with him/her and be thrilled to be a parent. She said she felt that they were not financially secure enough to have kids and that's why she didn't want to get pregnant. He felt this was an unacceptable reason to put off having a family. This guy seemed extremely selfish to me. He kept saying he "needed a son".
What he needs is a Bobbit job. And a divorce. She needs an abortion.

End of tale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships