Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 05:25 AM

14,229 posts, read 30,019,975 times

Advertisements

I've read this whole thing with more than a little amazement and disbelief. I keep adding 6+6 and coming up with 13. Just a guess here but I'm thinking you are not a native born English speaker.

I think you have missed the whole point of 'liberating' women. It's so we have the freedom to be/do what suits us. Some of us want to be diesel mechanics while others want to stay home and raise children. Both of these decisions are well and good. They don't require instruction, permission, or approval from any man. It's not your place or decision to raise your wife's feminine conscience. If she wants to be beautiful and womanly, great. As long as she is happy with her decision.

If you have friends or acquaintances who have a hard time with your wife's chosen place in this world, it's time to get some new friends. Look for some who aren't quite so judgmental.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2009, 07:09 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,983,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post

Truth of the matter is, that in dealings with men I believe that being more submissive will still get you farther than being obstinate, confrontational, etc., Men have words for women like that, and it ain't pretty.

20yrsinBranson
Submissiveness will make one a doormat, assertiveness makes one successful, and who really freaking cares what a stupid man will say? This aint the '50's, honey, and you are NOT the norm here.

Old 09-18-2009, 07:16 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,244,003 times
Quote:
Well, I'm sure there have been beaucoup studies done on this subject. I will tell you that from the reading I have done, there are certain "roles" that are innate. I believe that women are more submissive than men, not because of cultural norms but because generally, they are not as strong as men and therefore have learned that going toe to toe with a man, physically is not practical. So therefore, they have learned that in dealing with men, and the ways of men, that being submissive will get them farther. I believe it has been a survival mechanism for oh, maybe about 4 million years and has become ingrained in our very psyche. You cannot just wipe out 4 million years of reality in a decade or two.

Truth of the matter is, that in dealings with men I believe that being more submissive will still get you farther than being obstinate, confrontational, etc., Men have words for women like that, and it ain't pretty.

20yrsinBranson
No judgment about how you live your life because, hey, if it is working for you and no one is getting hurt, then I figure it is none of my business...I am just a bit surprised that you are submissive at home and seem to be rather confrontational here.

Old 09-18-2009, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
I am just a bit surprised that you are submissive at home and seem to be rather confrontational here.
So you noticed it too!

Old 09-18-2009, 07:21 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,244,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
So you noticed it too!
Not in a bad way but I was just surprised to see her write that because she is so vocal on the boards

Old 09-18-2009, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Not in a bad way but I was just surprised to see her write that because she is so vocal on the boards
hmmmmmmmm, maybe it could be because she is submissive at home, she comes here to let it out? Just a theory........

Old 09-18-2009, 07:39 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,120,143 times
Quote:
No judgment about how you live your life because, hey, if it is working for you and no one is getting hurt, then I figure it is none of my business...I am just a bit surprised that you are submissive at home and seem to be rather confrontational here.
MOI?????

I'm pretty opinionated, I'll grant you that! LOL. I enjoy intellectual conversations with intelligent, open-minded people - like I find here on the boards! Living where I do, it is often the only chance I get to talk to people whose opinions I value and enjoy reading.

20yrsinBranson

Old 09-18-2009, 08:37 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
MOI?????

I'm pretty opinionated, I'll grant you that! LOL. I enjoy intellectual conversations with intelligent, open-minded people - like I find here on the boards! Living where I do, it is often the only chance I get to talk to people whose opinions I value and enjoy reading.

20yrsinBranson
To paraphrase Sally Fields "You like us, you really like us"

Old 06-04-2010, 04:24 AM

314 posts, read 414,317 times
dont allow it its not your fault she lives the life she wants. if she,s happy it should not be a problem. if she is continueing to be harrassed tell the harasser that a restrant order will be put up against them. dont just say it do it.

Old 06-05-2010, 07:37 PM

2,788 posts, read 5,090,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
I'm with you!

Im joining
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships