Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 07:13 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,780,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Well you're not going to be scratching the cat, silly! He will be scratching you. Just pick a fight with him or her and you will be nice and scratched.

If the one at home is a little lazy and won't do it, you can go out and pick a fight with some alley cats.
Or try giving the cat a bath, that'll get you some scratches in places you can and can't reach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2009, 07:29 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,484,450 times
I spent so many years. So many days. So many sleepless nights raising my kids as a single parent. It was all consuming. Every event in my life revolved around them in some way. Meal planning. PTA meetings. Discipline issues. Grades. Boys. Training bras and tampons. Acne and sibling rivalry. Then one day. POOF! They are all grown up and gone. Days that seemed to last only minutes now feel like weeks. Somethings not right! Arent I suppose to be taking care of someone? Something? I'm not sure how to label what I miss. But something or someone is missing!

Old 09-16-2009, 07:32 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,190,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
I wanted to know if he tried the natural approach "The Maker's Diet", written by Jordan Rubin who suffered tremendously from Crohn's disease (almost died) and actually cured himself from it with proper holistic measures.
Diet is so important for people with crohn's disease. Again, he does not handle it well. He eats terrible, smokes, drinks coffee! Everything a person with the disease is not supposed to do, he does. OTOH, he has a hard time eating veggies due to the osteotomy, but he could do baby food. People that sucessfully manage illnesses are organized and responsible. My bro isn't. Either way, I'm going to check out The Maker's Diet and talk with him about it. He might be willing to listen if it's coming from another person with crohn's. Thanks!

Old 09-16-2009, 08:13 AM

5,244 posts, read 4,709,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misplaced1 View Post
I'm missing a little girl. I have two sons and love them dearly but I'd love a daughter too. We're not having any more kids, ours are 20 and 16 and I couldn't start over now.
I just met someone yesterday that has a 23, then 17 yr old then a 1st grader; I guess it can be done if you want. Although, a girl is not guaranteed and you could get another boy but you would know exactly what to do with him. Good luck!

Old 09-16-2009, 08:14 AM

2,618 posts, read 6,162,802 times
Money.

More Money is what's exactly missing from my life, and would make my life more complete in everyway. There isn't anything you can't buy with the green. People who say money doesn't buy happiness are idiots. Try being unhappy on a waverunner...

Old 09-16-2009, 08:16 AM

Quote:
What is missing in your life? What are you looking for to feel complete? It's a serious question but all kind of answers are welcomed...serious answers as well as the jokes to lighten the thread up.

I have a great life, amazing husband, great kid. I have a lot of great friends.
What's missing in my life is help. I wish I had more help with my child. We have no grandparents to help. I wish my mom was here.
Although I have tons of friends, I often feel lonely. I don't know why. Does anyone else feel that way?

Anyway - share and discuss.
I also have a great life, wonderful husband, and beautiful kids. I know what it is like not having family around to help but it gets better if you find a trustworthy sitter.
Missing: friends-haven't had much luck in that section and now we moved to a new area and it is hard to make new friends when people have "enough" friends already.

Old 09-16-2009, 08:18 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,382,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by therewego View Post
I also have a great life, wonderful husband, and beautiful kids. I know what it is like not having family around to help but it gets better if you find a trustworthy sitter.
Missing: friends-haven't had much luck in that section and now we moved to a new area and it is hard to make new friends when people have "enough" friends already.
I hear you. We just moved to Florida from New York and I'm missing more friends.

Old 09-16-2009, 08:25 AM

Quote:
I hear you. We just moved to Florida from New York and I'm missing more friends.
thank you for empathizing with me...sometimes misery loves company. Have a good day!

Old 09-16-2009, 08:54 AM

22,177 posts, read 19,217,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misplaced1 View Post
I'm missing a little girl. I have two sons and love them dearly but I'd love a daughter too. We're not having any more kids, ours are 20 and 16 and I couldn't start over now.
this post touched my heart. I have 3 kids, all boys, and i too was disappointed not to have a girl. The joy I am just now discovering is that my sons (age 22, 22, and 24) are now bringing home lovely young women they are dating, and it is a delight to welcome these females into the family, and watch my sons with them.

Old 09-16-2009, 08:56 AM

22,177 posts, read 19,217,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
Money.There isn't anything you can't buy with the green. People who say money doesn't buy happiness are idiots. .
if you think money makes you happy, then you are in for a really rude awakening
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships