U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 12:36 PM

3,219 posts, read 5,778,316 times

Advertisements

IMO:

With all the mixed "soup" of STD's out there plus that we live in a mostly "me-me" society, how easy is it to really trust someone that has any of this "soup" to actually admit it accurately if at all?

Really think about it that a person with those and just "getting it" for one night or so to then moving onward to the next victim will actually really care if you catch their "sickness(es)".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2010, 07:47 PM

682 posts, read 1,873,953 times
Default Dating with herpes

Has anyone ever dated someone with genital herpes? I'm dating someone who has it and at first I thought it wouldn't be such a big deal, because I read that the risk of transmission is really low when there aren't any symptoms present. But just recently, I've read some other articles that say it's highly contagious and the risk of a woman getting it from any unprotected activity with an infected person is 80-90%. And that is "unprotected activity", which includes relatively tame stuff.

Does anyone know anything about this? I keep seeing conflicting info. I don't know what to believe.

Old 07-26-2010, 07:56 PM

48 posts, read 144,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjohnson4381 View Post
unprotected activity with an infected person is 80-90%.
And its probably 80-90% chance of getting of all the other 20 STD's out there by doing unprotected P-V or P-A. So multiply (low ball) 80% by 20...a whopping 1600% that you may from unprotected vaginal-anal sex.

Answer? Dont have unprotected sex with people (or anything other than yourself LOL).

Old 07-26-2010, 08:06 PM

2,161 posts, read 3,861,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjohnson4381 View Post
Has anyone ever dated someone with genital herpes? I'm dating someone who has it and at first I thought it wouldn't be such a big deal, because I read that the risk of transmission is really low when there aren't any symptoms present. But just recently, I've read some other articles that say it's highly contagious and the risk of a woman getting it from any unprotected activity with an infected person is 80-90%. And that is "unprotected activity", which includes relatively tame stuff.

Does anyone know anything about this? I keep seeing conflicting info. I don't know what to believe.
Does he have Type 1 or Type 2? It makes a difference in transmission rates/risk.

Next issue, how serious is this relationship? If this is someone you could fall in love with and marry this would be a small issue in the grand scheme of things.

If it's a casual fling and the relationship isn't going to last anyway then it's a non-issue. Break up with him now and save yourself the worry.

Old 07-26-2010, 09:51 PM

5 posts, read 4,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Herpes, regardless of which strain, will remain in the bloodstream...I can go get a blood test tomorrow and test positive for having been infected with Chicken Pox (another form of herpes) when I was 4...
This is false. The ANTIBODIES will remain in the bloodstream. Herpesviruses establish a latent infection, which is defined by the maintenance of the viral genome in the ABSENCE of infectious virus production. You do NOT have infectious virus in the bloodstream for the rest of your life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships