U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is your type?
Rugged type 19 32.76%
Clean cut professional 12 20.69%
Artistic 9 15.52%
Tech geek/nerd 7 12.07%
Criminal/gangster/biker 1 1.72%
Uniformed 10 17.24%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 06:30 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,506 posts, read 17,744,964 times

Advertisements

It's not a type that does it for me, it's the individual. I like all types of men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2009, 06:32 PM

7,752 posts, read 14,376,220 times
I'm gonna' vote "rugged" but I love the fact that my honey can go from Carhartt & Stihl to Canali & Brioni when needed.

Old 09-16-2009, 06:34 PM

620 posts, read 1,614,037 times
I don't really have a type, but I thought I'd show the artistic guys some love with my vote. Really, I think I could go for any of those types except the criminal one.

Old 09-16-2009, 06:38 PM

7,269 posts, read 9,398,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
well I did mean it to be a straight foward yet hopefully respectful compliment.As far as revealing your name in the poll I don't see how it is revealing some deep personal secret to say who more you tend to be attracted to,it doesn't mean that it is a given always.
I made a blanket statement, Lion, not toward your thread in general, I am not singling your thread out - I do not vote for any polls anymore that display a handle just on the fact that [ever since] I have seen how some users have had a thing or two used against them from their open polling on off-site blogs. There is such a thing as TMI depending who is on the receiving end. That is how I intend it. Nothing personal at all. Just aware of my surroundings and cautious.

Old 09-16-2009, 06:42 PM

7,458 posts, read 11,500,110 times
I'm a cross between The cleancut professional and the rugged guy, pleasing poll results

Old 09-16-2009, 06:55 PM

25,835 posts, read 32,811,546 times
Quote:
Stereotyping,who is the kind of guy that makes get butterflies,the one that makes you go into emotional and sexual frenzy over?

Well none do, right off the bat. But virtually any of them could, except the biker/gangster/criminal dude.

I would have to vote for more than one, so I didn't vote.

Old 09-16-2009, 06:59 PM

11,368 posts, read 18,562,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
I'm a cross between The cleancut professional and the rugged guy, pleasing poll results

your're such a studmuffin daveplus you have that NZ/Aussie accent also how am I suppose to compete with that?

jeepgirl,understood.Ladies,I only made it a open poll to get a better sense of who I communicate with here on CD

Chessiemom you are telling there isn't a certain look or style that you find more attractive more than the other?I guess this is yet another gap between men and women.While men also can be attracted to many types most often a man can tell you a certain type that really is prefered overall.

Old 09-16-2009, 07:11 PM

25,835 posts, read 32,811,546 times
Quote:
Chessiemom you are telling there isn't a certain look or style that you find more attractive more than the other?I guess this is yet another gap between men and women.While men also can be attracted to many types most often a man can tell you a certain type that really is prefered overall.

Nope. I love all of 'em. And I have to tell you that your description of the geek is funny, but rarely the case for the geeks in my life. Most every single one (and I'm using the guys I have worked with in the past, as well as those I currently work with) is also quite into staying fit.

In fact, the hottest (and not just looks - I'm talking all aspects here) man that I know, personally, my numero uno man, is a technology geek. He just turned 50, but honey when he takes that shirt off...my oh my oh my.

Old 09-16-2009, 07:17 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,506 posts, read 17,744,964 times
Quote:
your're such a studmuffin daveplus you have that NZ/Aussie accent also how am I suppose to compete with that?

jeepgirl,understood.Ladies,I only made it a open poll to get a better sense of who I communicate with here on CD

To emphasize the obvious, I'm not Chessiemom. But to respond to the underlined, that's why one of the longest running jokes about men is that they love to fantasize about a Dominatrix one night, a maid the next, a librarian another, a cheerleader .... and so on. They can't decide which type they like best. This, alone, probably created the need for costume shops.

Old 09-16-2009, 07:20 PM

9,444 posts, read 15,368,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
I've dated professionals only, but the fate introduced me to the "rugged" guy, and I'm converted...
Just peaked into your profile and realized that you are a Russian woman. I thought Redisca and I were the only ones!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or