Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 01:07 PM

29,737 posts, read 34,357,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
However, I do get labeled by girls who decide that they aren't interested in me and they tell me I'm "really nice to them" or that I'm "a nice guy", eventhough I haven't done them any favors and I haven't bought them a single gift (not even flowers). Sorry, but there's plenty of time to shower her with gifts and favors in the longer relationship and marriage, I refuse to do it while dating.
I don't think you're as nice as you think you are.

In general, a really "nice" guy doesn't go into a relationship thinking that all women are out to bleed him dry. A lot of dudes who say they're nice treat women as the enemy, which is no way to get in our pants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2009, 01:14 PM

6,565 posts, read 14,290,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post

In general, a really "nice" guy doesn't go into a relationship thinking that all women are out to bleed him dry. A lot of dudes who say they're nice treat women as the enemy, which is no way to get in our pants.
I'm very nice, so shut up b****!!!

Old 09-18-2009, 01:34 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,408,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post

ditto!

cdubs-actually you sound like a jerk. when I call a guy nice..I mean it. if I don't want to date someone its because I just don't feel "it", not because he's "nice"..so I can certainly feel "it" with a nice guy. Jerks turn me off and I avoid them like the plague. and men who assume women have all kinds of terrible baggage because now they met a nice guy, are even bigger jerks. What's wrong with a woman who is happy to have met a nice man finally? its well appreciated and a compliment to be called "nice". a mature woman appreciates that..especially if she's had poor treatment from men in the past. It means she's learned and doesn't want to be with the same type of man as before..and that is a redeeming quality in any woman and vice versa.

Old 09-18-2009, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post
I'm very nice, so shut up b****!!!

haaaa!! you gonna kick me out of bed too if I call you nice?

Old 09-18-2009, 01:46 PM

13,601 posts, read 21,385,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
haaaa!! you gonna kick me out of bed too if I call you nice?

don't call me nice in bed,just tell me I have a nice ****

Old 09-18-2009, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
don't call me nice in bed,just tell me I have a nice ****
ahahahaa!!!

Old 09-18-2009, 02:01 PM

5,321 posts, read 6,098,450 times
I just think in general i dont think women want bad guys per se its just that "nice guys" are allot of times the average or uglier ones who realize they have to be mr perfect personality wise to have any shot at a women and even then have a tough time..

Where a really good looking guy can afford to be a jerk or apathetic because he realizes hes good looking which means the women will give him more leeway to be a jerk and if she doesnt he can easily find somebody else..

Old 09-18-2009, 02:12 PM

13,601 posts, read 21,385,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
I just think in general i dont think women want bad guys per se its just that "nice guys" are allot of times the average or uglier ones who realize they have to be mr perfect personality wise to have any shot at a women and even then have a tough time..

Where a really good looking guy can afford to be a jerk or apathetic because he realizes hes good looking which means the women will give him more leeway to be a jerk and/or if she doesnt he can easily find somebody else..

Yes and no.I am not some typical universal chisel chested hunk yet I am not ugly,it really is just preference but....

In my youth specially teen years I thought I was ugly,a few times friends told me "she was checking you out man!" and I thought "no way that she could be".I was just completely shy and unconfident.So to say a nice guy has to unattractive is not always true IMO maybe he just thinks he is.

It was only later that I gained more self esteem,funny though in my 20's sometimes I was a complete w*h*o*r*e*/dog d*i*c*k***** to some girls and I got laid real easy because of it but then I fell in love for a while and my niceguy syndrom came back and it doomed me with her.

These days I'm kind of a mix

Old 09-18-2009, 02:14 PM

315 posts, read 776,101 times
Youre reading it wrong. It's not being nice that turns women off, it's being a ninny. Women want to feel like their guy will stand up for them if need be. they want to feel protected. A guy who is seemingly a big push over, or too easy going, does not portray this image to them. No, they do not want to be slapped around, or treated like a slave either. They want a guy who has an "edge" and can stand up for himself.

To many, they see this as girls not liking nice guys. A guy can be nice and tough at the same time. Stop acting like a nerd, get some.........but also be nice and gentle, but stand your ground and you will do fine. Women don't like guys that say "yes dear" with a big smile all the time.

Old 09-18-2009, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post

Where a really good looking guy can afford to be a jerk or apathetic because he realizes hes good looking which means the women will give him more leeway to be a jerk and if she doesnt he can easily find somebody else..
sad but true
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships