U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-16-2009, 08:01 PM
 
377 posts, read 577,092 times
Reputation: 303

Advertisements

I just wanted to start a thread on the "nice guy" that people think finish last (sorry about title) little sleepy.....

All my life since I was very young girls told me I was too nice...

guess they missed getting B%%%% slapped I don't know

anyways....It's always the same girls going for the tough guy or the cool guy and I just want to hear from the men...are you one of those nice guys that did finish last...and girls are you one of those girls that let that "nice guy" get away and are now regretting it.

As for me I did "finish as a nice guy but not last"

Great wife, no awesome wife beautiful on the outside and beautiful on the inside. I have a beautiful 10 year old son with and a nice life...so I'm glad I was a nice person growing up, believe me my wife is very thankful for that...so let's hear it...

Last edited by tejano2828; 09-16-2009 at 08:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-16-2009, 08:05 PM
 
Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,507 posts, read 16,277,366 times
Reputation: 9264
Quote:
Originally Posted by tejano2828 View Post
I just wanted to start a thread on the "nice guy"

All my life since I was very young girls told me I was too nice...

guess they missed getting B%%%% slapped I don't know

anyways....It's always the same girls going for the tough guy or the cool guy and I just want to hear from the men...are you one of those nice guys that did finish last...and girls are you one of those girls that let that "nice guy" get away and are now regretting it.

As for me I did "finish last as a nice guy"

Great wife, no awesome wife beautiful on the outside and beautiful on the inside. I have a beautiful 10 year old son with and a nice life...so I'm glad I was a nice person growing up, believe me my wife is very thankful for that...so let's hear it...
I don't get it, how did you "finish last"?

Any guy who complains about the women he's trying to date not liking 'nice guys' needs to get a clue--YOU are going after the wrong types--the types who like 'bad boys'. The problem isn't they don't know what they want. The problem is YOU don't know what they want. I, for one, happen to love so-called nice guys. Nice doesn't mean whimpy or submissive or anything unmanly. They're stereotyped even by other men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-16-2009, 08:19 PM
 
Location: Up above the world so high!
45,264 posts, read 80,637,917 times
Reputation: 39465
Quote:
Originally Posted by tejano2828 View Post
I just wanted to start a thread on the "nice guy"

All my life since I was very young girls told me I was too nice...

guess they missed getting B%%%% slapped I don't know

anyways....It's always the same girls going for the tough guy or the cool guy and I just want to hear from the men...are you one of those nice guys that did finish last...and girls are you one of those girls that let that "nice guy" get away and are now regretting it.

As for me I did "finish last as a nice guy"

Great wife, no awesome wife beautiful on the outside and beautiful on the inside. I have a beautiful 10 year old son with and a nice life...so I'm glad I was a nice person growing up, believe me my wife is very thankful for that...so let's hear it...
Uh, dude? Looks to me like you DIDN'T finish last after all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-16-2009, 08:41 PM
 
Location: Charlotte, NC
523 posts, read 2,433,265 times
Reputation: 354
Ummm, I hate to break it to you but if a woman tells you that you're just too nice to date, it means she's not attracted to you. Every normal woman wants a nice guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-16-2009, 10:27 PM
 
1,322 posts, read 1,935,371 times
Reputation: 1456
Quote:
Originally Posted by tejano2828 View Post
I just wanted to start a thread on the "nice guy" that people think finish last (sorry about title) little sleepy.....

All my life since I was very young girls told me I was too nice...

guess they missed getting B%%%% slapped I don't know
...
Hell, I'll take a bite.

I take it that you're not asking about anyone specific, you're just curious about how many other "nice guys" have scored big..

Dude, I'll tell ya this before I start: "Nice guy" and "complete dork" doesn't always have to be the same. Personally, when I think of the term "nice guy", I think of those guys that have absolutely no self confidence and can't even begin to think about approaching a chick.

But, I think that that same "nice guy" can get the most beautiful girl in the world.. Well, once he has enough confidence to do it.

I'll tell ya, I used to be that kinda guy.. I was intimidated by chicks, scared to death that a girl would look at me wrong. I can't say that I was a complete wuss - I went out to parties, drank, did all that stupid <censored> that nearly killed me - but when it came to chicks, yeah.. ok, I was a wuss. I didn't have a man bone in my body.

Well, one day all that changed.. Figured that if people didn't like me for who I am, they can build a bridge and get over it.

To make a long story short, I still consider myself a "nice guy", but at the same time I'm not the type that gets all nervous about being around a girl. I give chicks a hard time, tease them, whatever.. I don't have a problem meeting girls at all, and usually when I'm in a relationship it's lasts for awhile.. But, I'd never insult a woman, I'd never treat a lady less than what she deserves..

I guess what I'm sayin' here is this: "Nice guys" can be with whoever they want to be with, as long as they have the confidence within themselves to be who they truly are.. if that makes any sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-17-2009, 09:33 AM
 
4,837 posts, read 7,109,815 times
Reputation: 2963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
I don't get it, how did you "finish last"?
Actually, in the end, they usually don't finish last. They seldom end up with onerous costs of a divorce. Its just the lonely middle years that can be hard on them, but in the end, they realize how lucky they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
Any guy who complains about the women he's trying to date not liking 'nice guys' needs to get a clue--YOU are going after the wrong types--the types who like 'bad boys'. The problem isn't they don't know what they want. The problem is YOU don't know what they want. I, for one, happen to love so-called nice guys. Nice doesn't mean whimpy or submissive or anything unmanly. They're stereotyped even by other men.
Nonsense. Women are suspicious of nice guys because they think its an act. They've been burned by other men who are smooth and come across as "nice" but its all an act, but a very well rehearsed act.

Then they meet the real McCoy and its like going to a community theater. Every little slip is analyzed from a negative perspective. To blame this on such guys going for skanks is preposterous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-17-2009, 09:47 AM
 
Location: In my skin
8,359 posts, read 12,811,820 times
Reputation: 8304
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
Nonsense. Women are suspicious of nice guys because they think its an act. They've been burned by other men who are smooth and come across as "nice" but its all an act, but a very well rehearsed act.

Then they meet the real McCoy and its like going to a community theater. Every little slip is analyzed from a negative perspective. To blame this on such guys going for skanks is preposterous.
Now, who is suspicious?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-17-2009, 09:48 AM
 
20,288 posts, read 22,514,727 times
Reputation: 13477
Quote:
Originally Posted by tejano2828 View Post
I just wanted to start a thread on the "nice guy" that people think finish last (sorry about title) little sleepy.....

All my life since I was very young girls told me I was too nice...

guess they missed getting B%%%% slapped I don't know

anyways....It's always the same girls going for the tough guy or the cool guy and I just want to hear from the men...are you one of those nice guys that did finish last...and girls are you one of those girls that let that "nice guy" get away and are now regretting it.

As for me I did "finish as a nice guy but not last"

Great wife, no awesome wife beautiful on the outside and beautiful on the inside. I have a beautiful 10 year old son with and a nice life...so I'm glad I was a nice person growing up, believe me my wife is very thankful for that...so let's hear it...
Random house dictionary has 17 entries for the word "Nice," so I do not understand what you are trying to say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-17-2009, 10:07 AM
 
16,444 posts, read 17,051,543 times
Reputation: 9442
You have to be a man, not a wimp. Women don't go for wimps. But you have to be honest and respectful as well, not abusive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-17-2009, 11:29 AM
 
Location: Between Philadelphia and Allentown, PA
5,077 posts, read 11,954,637 times
Reputation: 3703
People spend way too much time trying to be something they're not for the sake of finding love. Just be yourself, eventually someone will come along that likes you for you and not who you portray yourself to be. Stop trying so hard and just be you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top