Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 06:17 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,176,077 times

Advertisements

Anything with Tom Cruise in it in exchange for anything without Tom Cruise in it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2009, 07:54 AM

1,223 posts, read 1,687,537 times
I generally watch movies like ("The Notebook", "Fried Green Tomatoes", "Jerry Maguire") because I'm forced to. My wife teams up with my daughter who is a preteen and likes this romantic sappy stuff and makes me watch under the guise of "Family movie night". My rule is simple. I watch the movie, make no comments on the film at all so I don't get accused of "spoiling it for others", and then we get to watch a "Real man's" movie with at least one explosion, intentional killing, gun play, or car chase.

Old 09-17-2009, 08:30 AM

36,495 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Perhaps women have a similar film equally hated. I would like to know what it is to make up for the hurt Beaches put on me.
From my stbx's favorites: Attack of the Killer Tomatos, Dark Star, Star Wars for the 20th time, A Clock Work Orange, Any James Bond movie.

Old 09-17-2009, 08:34 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,395,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
I actually liked Titanic. Not because of the love story. I just liked the crash/sinking scenes. Great special effects, and lots of insight into human nature.
Actually, I don't really consider Titanic a total "chick flick" either, but it became so played out that the idea of watching it turned me off. I often feel like the only person who hasn't seen the movie.

Old 09-17-2009, 08:37 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,478,817 times
Mine--The Quiet Man
Hers [when i had a her]---Its a Mad Mad Mad World

Old 09-17-2009, 08:39 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,708,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKP440 View Post
I generally watch movies like ("The Notebook", "Fried Green Tomatoes", "Jerry Maguire") because I'm forced to. My wife teams up with my daughter who is a preteen and likes this romantic sappy stuff and makes me watch under the guise of "Family movie night". My rule is simple. I watch the movie, make no comments on the film at all so I don't get accused of "spoiling it for others", and then we get to watch a "Real man's" movie with at least one explosion, intentional killing, gun play, or car chase.

Old 09-17-2009, 10:14 AM

20,706 posts, read 19,349,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Actually, I don't really consider Titanic a total "chick flick" either, but it became so played out that the idea of watching it turned me off. I often feel like the only person who hasn't seen the movie.
Hi TheImportersWife,

A girl asked me to go to that movie with her. It was really one of those situations where I weighed all the pluses and minuses. I was mildly attracted to her but the idea of Titanic tipped the balance in the wrong direction so I turned her down. I will say Decaprio was fixed in my mind as some pretty boy set for a career in chic flicks. He already redeemed himself by then but in Blood Diamonds he completly won me over.

Any movie with Dermot Mulroney or Diane Lane, or horror of horrors, both of them is enough for me to want light myself on fire to see what's playing in the burn ward.

Old 09-17-2009, 05:58 PM

3,256 posts, read 8,899,130 times
That doesn't generally work with me, because except for some of the movies with hardly any story line like most of the Segal and Van Dam films, I actually like things like Lethal Weapon, Jackie Brown, Terminator, Under Siege, Goodfellas. As long and there's a great story, I'll give it a chance. Actually Jackie Brown is one I could watch over and over, don't ask me why.

And RJL, I think we must've gone to the same high school, because that is where I also watched The Princess Bride and still love it. And I think Titanic is just a VERY well written film, I can feel every emotion they must have been feeling when I watch it.

Old 09-17-2009, 07:18 PM

260 posts, read 946,745 times
Ok for us, a double feature will be something like Runaway Bride with Julia Roberts (my husband's despises anything with her in it, even went as far as to say Ocean's 11 and 12 was ruined for him because of her, lol) and Friday the 13th or Nightmare on Elm Street. I hate those kind of movies where people get kidnapped and horrorized...uh oh, almost forgot the one I hate the most: "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre", this one my friends, would traumatize me and makes me keep a tight fist on my steering wheel when traveling along unfamiliar country roads...LOL

Old 09-17-2009, 07:40 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,945,093 times
If my wife comes to me saying "let watch Princess Bride" that would be grounds for divorce. What I love is that I know it will never ever EVER happen. That is totally not her type of movie.

Ive always thought that women who like Princess Bride are the fat never had a boyfriend Ren Fair dungeons and dragons and valkyrie loving weird totally non athletic chicks. Thats pretty much the polar opposite of my wife.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships