Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 09:26 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,471,880 times

Advertisements

I think there are some gay men that are either in denial or just don't want to come out of the closet and play it straight. Unless he is flamboyant they can often pass as straight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2012, 09:27 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,685,474 times
They probably 1. Wasn't aware of it 2. The guy maybe bi and shes okay with it . I don't think most women marry gay men for the fun of it

Old 05-30-2012, 10:20 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,788,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Sometimes the guys don't know they're gay, they don't sort through all their feelings, societal programming, parental expectations, etc. until after they're married awhile. Others just go along to get along. Until they can't anymore.

This is a complex and painful issue for the people involved, deserving of more than just a flippant OP-question.
Yes I thought it was extremely flippant. When I married my gay husband, I wasn't exactly a virgin to start with--I came of age in the 70's after all (and the times were every bit as fun as people say they were!) If they are gay and don't want you to know and never act on it or get caught if they do, you won't know. I realize this is a bit scary for singles thinking of marriage, but let's hope that society has progressed enough to make these things less likely in the future and I am all for gay marriage. 100%. I'm also all for divorce--thank God we have that option and my life would be a living hell right now if we didn't.

Old 05-30-2012, 10:46 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,417,724 times
I guess OP's never heard of keeping it on the down low.

Old 05-30-2012, 11:48 PM

2,687 posts, read 7,406,958 times
Default Well...

You see...you do have to 'test drive' before knowing whether you prefer 'automatic' or 'manual'...
K

Old 05-31-2012, 08:58 AM

10,364 posts, read 20,788,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koale View Post
You see...you do have to 'test drive' before knowing whether you prefer 'automatic' or 'manual'...
K
Took him out for a test drive--everything seemed to be working normally, but then a 25 yo man can get it up for almost any reason--a 50 yo man not so much and that's when his cover was blown.

Old 05-31-2012, 10:11 AM

9,144 posts, read 14,753,437 times
In the case of some freinds of ours, she was somewhat naive and he targeted her in college because of that. He wanted a certain career that he thought would be easier to obtain if he had a wife and kids so he ended up doing that for about 5-6 years while doing some things on the side with men for most of that time, then came out to her and they divorced.

Old 05-31-2012, 09:36 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,969,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Took him out for a test drive--everything seemed to be working normally, but then a 25 yo man can get it up for almost any reason--a 50 yo man not so much and that's when his cover was blown.
Exactly. If they married young, it's easy because us young guys are turned on by pretty much everything.

Also, just because a guy is gay doesn't mean that having sex with a woman would gross him out. The thought of having sex with a woman does not gross me out, I'm just not turned on by it. I'm indifferent. A lot of other gay guys are the same way and therefore it would be easy to marry a woman because you can just think of something else!

Old 05-31-2012, 09:44 PM

578 posts, read 1,092,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
How do some women marry gay men?

Because these guys are not really gay, they are straight or bisexual at best, but they play a certain game - being a metrosexual -that a certain kind of women adore.
Example : a friend of my former wife, who was a reporter in a Gay magazine, played being gay, dressed as a gay, went to gay bars - but he married and had 2 children .
In fact he was straight (well, maybe he had one gay experience or two just to be accepted in gay circles), and his wife and other intimate friends/family knew all along it was a charade just to be able to make a career in the gay press !
What ???? He had gay experiences to fit in ??? That is theee dumbest thing I've ever heard. Don't get me wrong tons of gay friends. Gay roomate even but really I would NEVER have sex with a woman to fit in. Dumb dumb dumb. P.s. my gay roomate agrees with me.

Old 05-31-2012, 09:57 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,029,399 times
Back then these young men would've felt pressured into marrying...I do wonder how they'd coped with the sex part. Think of hot guys while having sex with your wife? lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships