U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 04:22 PM

1,631 posts, read 3,597,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
How long have you been dating? Do you know whether these were already on the PC before he even met you? I see problems already with this relationship if you have to ask about waiting to snoop at his PC.
We've been dating about 5 months now.

I agree with what most of you have posted. Its probably best to address the issue soon. Better to have one discussion about it rather than seething with doubts and having it explode into an argument.

And what do you mean you can see problems already?
For you is the problem that I'm considering checking his history as an option after seeing these sites or do you think there is a problem because those sites are in his history?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2009, 04:32 PM

3,941 posts, read 7,530,073 times
it depends whether you genuinely found them by accident, or went looking.

if you went looking, you have a potential trust issue.
if not, maybe ask why your partner hasn't told you yet.

if it's the latter, then IMHO although it's not necessarily a relationship problem, however, it is maybe an area which you need to address.

you can always ignore it. it won't go away, but you can turn a blind eye to it. that would have to be your choice, and you would have to ensure you didn't make it an issue later.
your partner is a different person to you. you cannot judge them by your standards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by recuerdeme View Post
We've been dating about 5 months now.

I agree with what most of you have posted. Its probably best to address the issue soon. Better to have one discussion about it rather than seething with doubts and having it explode into an argument.

And what do you mean you can see problems already?
For you is the problem that I'm considering checking his history as an option after seeing these sites or do you think there is a problem because those sites are in his history?

Old 09-19-2009, 05:12 AM

1,158 posts, read 3,368,800 times
If Dude is too dumb to clear his browser history or cookies he may be too dumb for you to be with.

And yes, you have every right to bring up what you found.

Old 09-20-2009, 07:19 AM

2,593 posts, read 3,564,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobE View Post
If Dude is too dumb to clear his browser history or cookies he may be too dumb for you to be with.

And yes, you have every right to bring up what you found.
Yeah, IE 8 and Mozilla Firefox 3.5 both have in-private browsing and in that mode, no history or cookies are kept.

Old 09-20-2009, 04:57 PM

27,236 posts, read 41,319,621 times
How long do they remain in history? If I typed in an address six months ago, and never went back, is it still in there? Some website I saw advertised in a TV program, as a matter of fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships