Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 11:32 PM

1,322 posts, read 2,413,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindasan View Post
Ever have that person that just hung on you like a leech?

My boyfriend doesn't understamd GO AWAY! ... I need someone to take this burden from me!
Why buy a product that it takes 2000 flushes to get rid of?

Wait.. was this topic supposed to be serious? Crap, my bad.

Ok, really now.. Apparently, you despise the dude, yet you're still with him. Do you see something wrong with that? Forget about him, and focus on changing yourself. If this dude can so easily get back into your life after you've left him, then you need to get some confidence for yourself. You don't need the guy, so move on already. Thing is, you allow him in your life, and yet you say you can't get rid of him. Think about it for a second..

You need to buck up a bit, take control of your own life.

Why do we wait until a pig is dead to "cure" it?

Nevermind... moving on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2009, 11:35 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
large sticks and stones work but much more effective is cessation of sex and food. astounding how many will rail at the ex but continue to provide said commodities.
present company excepted of course.

Old 09-17-2009, 11:59 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,855,839 times
Default I want to be rid of him!

Quote:
The pickings must be really slim in South Carolina! However, after a long summer of continuously hearing about your low life politicians, I guess you really are stuck.

I exhibit none of these pathologies but the women here, if need be, would likely just manufacture one to get me out of their life within the week. I guess that's the difference when you have impossibly high standards instead of none at all.

Old 09-18-2009, 05:48 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,644,236 times
I had an ex b/f just like that minus all the farting, burping, etc.. but, he woud NOT go away when we broke up. He managed to manipulate his way back into my life several times and to be honest, I allowed it - I knew what to expect from him and for me at that time in my life it was easier than looking for a new person or being single again.
I finally had enough though and changed my phone number, never responded to his emails, avoided all places I knew he frequented and finally, after close to a year, he stopped emailing me. There is a lot in between that I left out but basically he was stalking me and for a long time - I ended up having a local police officer call him and warn him to leave me alone. When I stopped responding to his ridiculous pleas, he finally left me alone.

If you are enabling him, he won't stop. You have to stop it.

Old 09-18-2009, 06:06 AM

1,462 posts, read 4,867,923 times
Quote:
My boyfriend doesn't understamd GO AWAY! We've broken up so many times - he's cheated on me at least twice. He always manipulates himself back into my life. My dream is to find him a woman he'll fall in love with so he'll LEAVE ME ALONE!He's a pig - farts all the time, leaves food out, leaves clothes all over the place, keeps his car in bad shape. Thankfully we don't live together but I hate to go to his house because I hate the mess.He's also a know it all. Whatever converstaion I've had with someone that I stupidly share with him, he's like "Why didn't you say" this or that. He's opionated & stubborn and is like herpes - I can't get rid of him!SHort of shooting him, can anyone help me fix him up? SHould I put his pidture on craigslist and have women email him? Maybe match.com? I need someone to take this burden from me!
For some reason, your "ex" is not getting the message that you don't want to be with him any longer. You probably should re-think how you are going about breaking up with him and see if perhaps there just could be a reason why he keeps coming back. My thinking on this is that he keeps coming back because you have always taken him back. The first paragraph of your post says that you have broken up and gone back together several times so I would assume that he doesn't think you are serious about it all.

Leaving aside the bad traits he has, and by the way, WE ALL FART, it is just that men think it is funnier than we do....this really isn't as difficult as it seems and fixing him up with someone else is not your job or anyone elses...just let him go and tell him this time is for real and that he cannot come back into your life like before. Mean it when you say it and don't get all sentimental. YOU start dating someone else or do something that makes your life appear to him to be moving forward. This way, he may just get this message. He sees no changes in your life so he just waits and assumes he will be back and from what you say in the past he has been right.

YOU dump him for good and mean it. Don't fix him up, don't put his name on Craig's List or any other dating site..just be done with it and move on. You will see that it will work when you are serious. Good luck

Old 09-18-2009, 06:10 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,485,841 times
If all the above advice fails-------tell him that HE is the reason you have sworn off men and are now a lesbian. Introduce him to one of your gf's as your new lover. Tell him that the sores on your female areas just wont go away! Do you go to school? For a case of Bud Light I'm sure 2 or 3 of the offensive/defensive linemen on the football team would gladly pay him a little visit. Remember, unreasonable people cant be dealt with reasonably. But first and foremost, you can only be manipulated by someone who you let manipulate you! Good luck!

Old 09-18-2009, 06:25 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,295,651 times
Well, let's see..... You can REFUSE to go over to his house because it's a sty. Tell him you think he's a slob. Remind him (if you haven't told him already) that you are broken up and that you REALLY don't care to see him anymore.

Really doesn't sound that tough.

Old 09-18-2009, 06:41 AM

1,089 posts, read 1,421,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
If all the above advice fails-------tell him that HE is the reason you have sworn off men and are now a lesbian. Introduce him to one of your gf's as your new lover.
Ummmm.....Capt. that doesn't always work like you'd imagine.

Old 09-18-2009, 06:52 AM

3,256 posts, read 8,901,741 times
Quote:

My boyfriend doesn't understamd GO AWAY! We've broken up so many times - he's cheated on me at least twice. He always manipulates himself back into my life. My dream is to find him a woman he'll fall in love with so he'll LEAVE ME ALONE!

SHort of shooting him, can anyone help me fix him up? SHould I put his pidture on craigslist and have women email him? Maybe match.com? I need someone to take this burden from me!
Never had that problem. The ex-bf is here now awaiting an ultrasound that could indicate possible Thyroid Cancer (which is the only reason he is still here) But after a super long discussion that entailed him asking me over and over what happened, I told him if he brings it up again, he'll be out on his a** today. The way to get rid of someone, if to just not entertain any discussions about it. You don't owe them an explanation except to say, " I don't want you. Now go.". If they keep showing up, call the police.

Old 09-18-2009, 07:07 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,782,217 times
Are you afraid of being alone? I can't think of any other reason you would allow this person to remain in your life. I think there are things about him you like, but you wish you could change the things you can't and you are frustrated. He's not changing, so don't even try. Find someone else, or continue to compromise your own happiness and sanity just to have him around...but ask yourself why.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships