U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-19-2011, 05:21 AM

2,529 posts, read 2,681,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunamuerte View Post
I have fallen in love with a man who is 60 and I am 40. I have no fears as to age and aging. I enjoy his company beyond belief. He is afraid he will not be able to please me and may get old. Surprise surprise. I understand how difficult it could be. I have no children he 2 20 years younger than me. Please anyone tell me your feelings about this. Am I crazy is he right?

How much money does he make and how much money do you make?
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2011, 05:24 AM

3 posts, read 9,216 times
Default Enjoying my "Dream Woman"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamseeker54 View Post
Well, I am in a similar sitauation AND...I am the older man. The lady is 32 and 1 am 56. 24 years difference in age. Now, if I did not have the cultural, intellectual, actual, familial, political, historical, spiritual and practical background that is very broad, I would say stick to being with someone no more than 10 years older. This would seem reasonable to manage. My dad was 11 years older than mom so I saw how the two of them handled things and they seemed to go rather well. In the colonial period of America, it was not uncommon for a man to be 25 years older than his bride. Patrick Henry who said "Give me liberty or give me death," was married to a woman 19 years younger than himself. I guess he found liberty, didn't he? Dreamseeker54
Attached Thumbnails
older man younger woman 20 year difference-boyandgirl.inswing.romance.jpg  

Old 07-27-2011, 08:11 PM

1,987 posts, read 1,377,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunamuerte View Post
I have fallen in love with a man who is 60 and I am 40. I have no fears as to age and aging. I enjoy his company beyond belief. He is afraid he will not be able to please me and may get old. Surprise surprise. I understand how difficult it could be. I have no children he 2 20 years younger than me. Please anyone tell me your feelings about this. Am I crazy is he right?
Yes he is right-he is going to get old and die,so are you,so am I so is everybody reading this thread! Life is for the living! Just love him!

Old 08-03-2011, 06:01 AM

3 posts, read 9,216 times
Surprise...surprise.. got rid of the gloomy thinking and said yes. She's so adorable and well...I'm in love and so why my dumb excuses? She will arrive soon. The honeymoon is being planned, the new house plans are in place, money available and most importantly...we enjoy each other. At 56...I had to grow up some. She did and I can't wait. I just had to be a better listener to her heart and mine and open up. So what was the problem? It wasn't getting older. It was being willing to change. She's pretty, pretty smart. She motivated but didn't manipulate. She became patient while I was the problem. She is so looking forward to being my wife. I knew my heart belonged to her and no other.
She said the same.

Old 03-19-2012, 07:03 AM

1 posts, read 1,766 times
Being from a place of being Married to a man 30 yrs older than I-Now a widow but it was the best love affair of my life and am ever so thankful for the 6 years I had before I lost him
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships