U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 04:06 PM

283 posts, read 838,468 times

Advertisements

I always thought that once you have sex with a guy, he will disappear on you. So I always make them wait even though I want to do things earlier. How important is regular sex to a man, my new understanding is most of them hope you'll do it again (and again and again.) Sorry to sound clueless , but is this the main reason guys even have girlfriends?

Old 09-18-2009, 04:16 PM

17,752 posts, read 15,566,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msboom View Post
I always thought that once you have sex with a guy, he will disappear on you. So I always make them wait even though I want to do things earlier. How important is regular sex to a man, my new understanding is most of them hope you'll do it again (and again and again.) Sorry to sound clueless , but is this the main reason guys even have girlfriends?
Hi msboom,

Men want sex to varying degree. Some what it a lot while others a bit less. Its a problem when its less than they want.
Making a man wait generally filters out the short termer who just wants a fix. I voluntarily waited until marriage after my early 20s and now like it frequently. Making them wait is the best shot at a long term mate.

Old 09-18-2009, 04:16 PM

122 posts, read 342,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msboom View Post
I always thought that once you have sex with a guy, he will disappear on you.

You are kidding, right? If you have sex just to have sex, yes he may move on. If you have sex because you are in love, that tends to "bind" things.

How important is regular sex to a man, my new understanding is most of them hope you'll do it again (and again and again.) Sorry to sound clueless , but is this the main reason guys even have girlfriends?
Regular sex is very important to a man, we were created to be attracted to women. This is how the race was intended to survive. Without sex, there would be no more people. Surely, no one has to tell you this.

Old 09-18-2009, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fletchman1957 View Post
Regular sex is very important to a man, we were created to be attracted to women. This is how the race was intended to survive. Without sex, there would be no more people. Surely, no one has to tell you this.
yes, I know where babies come from. Im just wondering what is a man's main motivation (in most cases) for committing - is it for regular sex? Is regular sex that important to men?

Old 09-18-2009, 04:25 PM

890 posts, read 2,477,662 times
Each person have their sex drives (libido); but the value of sex varies from each person.

A man; however is built differently from women--mainly from the presence of a hormone called testosterone. Testosterone exist in both male and female, but the affects are different.

Almost every male will have certain testosterone level which triggers erection. And ever since the concept of sex becomes part of a males awareness (thinking), the desire for sex can trigger many times in a single day within a few seconds. This just how a man is built; but the sex drives still vary due to testosterone levels of each individual. That's the biological part of it.

The psychological and emotional part of sex is a learned behavior by each individual from his background (parents, religion, society, peers, and experiences). How an individual man value sex determines how important sex is in his life, and his relationship.

Old 09-18-2009, 04:28 PM

25,953 posts, read 26,638,465 times
Okay, first define 'regular' - it's like trying to define 'normal' What is regular to one may not be to another. Does regular have a list of positions? Number of times in a day week or year? Who decides what is 'regular'? Does it include farm animals of any kind, leather and whips (ooo you sassy kitty, you) or is it simply missionary? Does it include oral more than two people on a weekly basis? How often 3 x a month or 3 times a day?

Old 09-18-2009, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Okay, first define 'regular' - it's like trying to define 'normal' What is regular to one may not be to another. Does regular have a list of positions? Number of times in a day week or year? Who decides what is 'regular'? Does it include farm animals of any kind, leather and whips (ooo you sassy kitty, you) or is it simply missionary? Does it include oral more than two people on a weekly basis? How often 3 x a month or 3 times a day?
I just mean where he's not starting over, having to date someone new and then wondering if he will get any. Simply, oh, I have a girlfriend so I can expect to have sex on a regular basis, weather it be kinky sex or just missionary or somewhere in between and not necessarily every day (or 3 times a day) just on a consistant basis that works for the couple.

Old 09-18-2009, 04:50 PM

9,444 posts, read 15,347,988 times
Well, I'm not a man, but I can tell you that it depends on a man...Very sexual men for example, will not be up for these games. It also depends on the age, when a man is older like in his 30s, he might even question and get insulted how come after like 4-5 dates she still hasn't put out. At this age, these type of prolongings and games are not necessary, it's not college anymore. Okay - this is when the relationship is just starting.

Once you already had sex with a man, I think it's safe to say he will expect it on a regular basis. All the time, every day and every night. I also don't see a reason to withhold it. If the heat is there, the heat is there. Why hold off?
If holding off is your way to see if this man is just in it for sex, then you will see it regardless. Decent guy who is into you and really wants to build something with you will not hold "lots of sex" against you. A player will dissappear. In this case, you can say: Oh well, I enjoyed it to the fullest and had fun...moving on...
I mean, my understanding that you want it too, right? Life is too short, you will know if he is a good one without withholding sex.
At the end of the day, there are other ways to make a man to be continuously interested in you. Intellectually. You can stimulate man's mind and that will keep his interest. A lot of the successful sex comes from intellectual connection anyway.

Old 09-18-2009, 05:33 PM

9,371 posts, read 17,942,401 times
How important is breathing to a woman? That's how important sex is to "most" men.

Old 09-18-2009, 05:35 PM

930 posts, read 2,164,526 times
Men crave variety. The sooner you learn to accept that the better off you will be.

You will become more fond of your dog, and might even start liking women, but you will be smarter
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships