Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What name appeals and attracts you the MOST?
Alexandra/Alexa/Lexi/Alexis 14 12.84%
Kelly 5 4.59%
Stacy 0 0%
Heather 4 3.67%
Jennifer/Jenny/Jen 11 10.09%
Madison 4 3.67%
Tiffany 2 1.83%
Stephanie 8 7.34%
Candy/Candace 3 2.75%
Mary 0 0%
David 3 2.75%
Christopher 4 3.67%
Luke 5 4.59%
Initialed names like TJ, PJ, RJ, etc. 3 2.75%
Todd 2 1.83%
Michael/Mike 8 7.34%
Gage/Trey/Shea, etc. (I like rare names!) 4 3.67%
Tim 1 0.92%
James/Jim 0 0%
Hm! Never thought about this really. . . 28 25.69%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 07:57 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
How do you pronounce it? Is it Re-y-na or more like Ra-i-na, Ra-ee-na? I never heard this name before.
It's pronounced (Ray-na) Raena.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2009, 08:03 PM

2,984 posts, read 5,855,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
I'm a Jennifer/Jen/Jenny (depends on who's using my name) and I can't imagine there being any kind of stereotype or association with it. There's so many of us!
Jennifer is a favorite name in my family. My grandmother and daughter both share the name and it is really very pretty.

Old 09-21-2009, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Tim
And God bless us and everyone...sorry couldn't help it.

Old 09-21-2009, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolfmccoy View Post
Is there a stereotype for Reginald/Reggie?
Sounds snobish..Reggie pit pot cheero lets have some biscuits and tea for brunch shant we.

Old 09-21-2009, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTR36 View Post
Every Kirsten/Kristen I have met has turned up to be a jerk.
Same with Jim/James
Tony's are full of themselves (my brother for one)
Aaron's are just funny, popular easy going guys
Lisa's get annoying and on my nerves, every Lisa I have known I am no longer associated with. Big time, pushy, witches.
What do you think about Aurora?
Patricia, there's an uncommon girl name nowadays..
I like Emma, Sophie, Anna. Those are pretty names.
Forgot to add Chad!! I can't stand Chads, or Brads, or Brents.
If my baby was going to be a girl..Aurora is the name I was going to give her. And her nick name would be Rory.

Old 09-21-2009, 08:34 PM

6,565 posts, read 14,290,938 times
Well, I voted... And then noticed I'm the ONLY person that voted 'Heather'..... Yes, maybe it's how I was raised. Most Heathers I met were blonde (yes, the truth comes out for the one who accused me accurately of prefering blondes ), but it was more than that. Maybe it was where I grew up, but the name carried with it a snooty kind of upscale feel to it and that type had an attraction toward the straight-up middle class boy like myself with a lot of aspiration and a bright future......

Okay, then I decided halfway through High School that I could skate by and party and did a pretty good job of it, but I coulda gone Ivy League had I set my mind to it...... (really..... no.... I'm not kidding... ).

Old 09-21-2009, 09:58 PM

2,709 posts, read 6,312,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stac2007 View Post
Jennifer is a favorite name in my family. My grandmother and daughter both share the name and it is really very pretty.
I'm a Jennifer and my mother and I still joke about how much we dislike the name. (I was supposed to be named something else, but at the last minute, my father decided he liked the name Jennifer. My mother did not like it but since my father was in Vietnam during the last months of her pregnancy and my birth, and she was afraid he was gonna die over there and never see me, she named me what he wanted to name me.)

But in my mind, there's a big difference between Jennifer, Jenny, and Jenn. Those names have different "personalities" to me.

"Jenny" has always made me think of a whole lot of sweetness...like an elementary school teacher or the preacher's wife or something uber-wholesome like that. Jenny is a cupcake. (I was never a Jenny. No one has ever called me that.)

"Jennifer" is more serious...studious. Not necessarily professional or executive or corporate. Academic, maybe. A librarian, or a doctor, or a scientist, or a professor. Jennifer may be a bit flamboyant, a bit artistic, but still in a quiet way.

And "Jenn" is more extroverted and carefree...maybe more tomboyish. Jenn is breezy and busy, always on the go. Happy and flirty and maybe a bit mischievous. Smart as a whip, but not necessarily bookish. Loud...possibly a bit of a party girl.

For the most part, I've always gone by Jennifer. That's how I introduce myself and how I think of myself. My friends occasionally call me Jenn. What has surprised me the most is the ASTONISHING number of people who call me JB, my initials. Where on earth did that come from? But I get it all the time.

Old 09-21-2009, 10:04 PM

37,443 posts, read 61,352,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
I like rare names
LOL

How about Galen?

Old 09-21-2009, 10:08 PM

37,443 posts, read 61,352,754 times
Niftybergin -

Oh, but you will always be, to me at least, my sweet Jenny.

Now you can say that someone called you: "Jenny"

Old 09-21-2009, 10:18 PM

2,709 posts, read 6,312,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
Niftybergin -

Oh, but you will always be, to me at least, my sweet Jenny.
Now you can say that someone called you: "Jenny"
Hmmm...maybe I'll embrace it in my middle-age. Thanks, uh...FOREST. (Jenny: Run, Forrest! Run! Ha! How could I resist?)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships