U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 01:03 PM

6,561 posts, read 12,892,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaspercheron View Post
All three are heterosexual yes, as it would be the truth came out later this week. Guy #1 (making all the moves) asked #2 and #3 to "leave, I've been working on this girl for three months" - to which when we found out he had said that were ALL peeved at him. We all work together minus my daughter, but we are ALL friends. Friends just hanging out, others were invited, no one else showed, we all hang out quite often so it wasn't like it was inappropriate or anything.
Guy #1 just is a terrible drunk, he's clnically an alcoholic, he never acted like this before and I guess when people drink, their true intentions come out. Point is, my kid was just being herself, the same way she acts at work, home, out and about, etc...

In this situation, it's the guys fault. He crossed several lines, made wrong assumptions and as we have learned, he's done this before so -it's done and overwith and we are all laughing about it now. We are all still friends but, we will not be inviting him anytime soon when we all hang out.
It's an odd dynamic for mother and daughter to be friends with the same people IMO....

Be that as it may, I find it a bit odd that all three of your co-workers appear to believe it's okay to hit on your daughter. I'm guessing that your thought process is, "Well I trust her to take care of herself, and if she DID want to date any of them it would be fine with me.", but something still just doesn't seem right with the whole thing to me....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2009, 01:21 PM

5,077 posts, read 13,069,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post
It's an odd dynamic for mother and daughter to be friends with the same people IMO....

Be that as it may, I find it a bit odd that all three of your co-workers appear to believe it's okay to hit on your daughter. I'm guessing that your thought process is, "Well I trust her to take care of herself, and if she DID want to date any of them it would be fine with me.", but something still just doesn't seem right with the whole thing to me....
Yes it's a lot for some people to absorb that a Mother and daughter can be so close as to even share some friends but indeed, it does happen. That said, we don't share all friends - I just work in a very unique place with people of all ages and we are all very close.

Yes, I do trust her to make her own decisions and take care of herself, I've spent 21 years teaching her the ways of the world and how to handle many different situations that come along.

I'm close with both of my kids, it's a good thing and I am lucky to have it, being close means they also tell me everything and aren't afraid to talk to me about anything which over the years has been a good thing. Although, I don't always want ALL the details LOL

Anyway, yeah, we are close, we have some mutual friends and it's all good.

Old 09-23-2009, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaspercheron View Post
Yes it's a lot for some people to absorb that a Mother and daughter can be so close as to even share some friends but indeed, it does happen. That said, we don't share all friends - I just work in a very unique place with people of all ages and we are all very close.

Yes, I do trust her to make her own decisions and take care of herself, I've spent 21 years teaching her the ways of the world and how to handle many different situations that come along.

I'm close with both of my kids, it's a good thing and I am lucky to have it, being close means they also tell me everything and aren't afraid to talk to me about anything which over the years has been a good thing. Although, I don't always want ALL the details LOL

Anyway, yeah, we are close, we have some mutual friends and it's all good.
Oh I'm not questioning or thinking that your closeness with her is strange at all. That's great!!..

Just the part with having mutual friends is kind of a new one on me...

Like I said, it's a different dynamic that seems a bit strange, but that's probably as much about myself and my experience as it is about yours...

Old 09-24-2009, 09:43 AM

8,262 posts, read 16,376,540 times
I think parents should be a parent to thier children. Not friends with thier children. But hey, whatever works for you.

Old 09-25-2009, 10:08 AM

440 posts, read 902,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post
That's all fine and everything, but would you PLEASE tell her to stop hitting on me? 'No' means 'No'!!!

It's VERY unbecoming.....

BTW, I'll be the first to get the a$$-kissing comment in of, "You don't look NEAR old enough to have a daughter that age. (That should earn enough brownie points to keep me in business awhile longer... )

Haha I'm sorry I just cant seem to help myself after all someone on here seems to think I'm a c*ck tease!!

And oh please.....keep boosting her ego!!! LOL

Old 09-25-2009, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ablees8951 View Post
Haha I'm sorry I just cant seem to help myself after all someone on here seems to think I'm a c*ck tease!!

And oh please.....keep boosting her ego!!! LOL
Well, I would, except I don't want you to go getting all jealous and everything...

Old 09-25-2009, 11:28 AM

55,668 posts, read 74,646,551 times
having a few friends over involved alot. where were the few friends when you had the unwanted guest? careful consideration of boundaries and company are needed. uninvited unwanted naked man in your apt how did that come to be? flirting --a southern tradition is fine, its the other stuff that needs attention.

Old 09-25-2009, 03:53 PM

13,108 posts, read 19,952,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
I think parents should be a parent to thier children. Not friends with thier children. But hey, whatever works for you.
I agree, but does this apply when the kid is 21 or older?

Old 09-25-2009, 03:56 PM

13,108 posts, read 19,952,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
uninvited unwanted naked man in your apt how did that come to be?
That happened because she didn't tell him to call AAA, or someone with a spare key, and then kick him out in the cold.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships