Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 05:23 PM

2,702 posts, read 6,028,976 times

Advertisements

Have you noticed that sometimes love is all too often quickly lost & quickly found between two people? Does it depend on each of the individuals motives for love? Like if one person wants only sex & the other wants a relationship, it is doomed right? Why is it that one wrong action cause a relationship to end? Like one wrong word or statement?

Hence, the quote "The hotter the fire, the faster it burns out..."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2009, 05:35 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,429,514 times
Well if the guy only wants sex and the woman wants a real relationship, then she will be heartbroken when she fights with him and discovers that he has a lover he is with now who he took up with while they were working out their relationship. Men could care less who is giving them the sex so long as they have it easy, while the woman will be getting the calender in order for vacations and such assuming he will be around.

One wrong word doesnt end love, it ends because the other found a better deal and there was no love to begin with.

A woman cannot hold a man with sex if all he wants is sex, cause he will be trying to get it anywhere.When a better deal comes along (more sex), he will dump the one he is with and wont even care about breaking her heart.

Old 06-01-2009, 06:47 PM

3,853 posts, read 12,866,277 times
Men only want one thing and women are looking for something that doesn't exist.

Thats the problem lol.

Old 06-02-2009, 09:59 AM

55 posts, read 137,187 times
I think these are just stereotypes. first off Women want sex just as much as men do let's get that one out of our systems and secondly if two people are to be together they have to be honest about what they want in the begining. if they want a long term relationship then thats ok and if they just want to have sex then thats ok too as long as both parties are fine with it then there really isn't a problem. The problem lies more so in when one of the others needs aren't being met. like one person needs communication more or one person needs someone who is spontaneous and one day you look up and analyze your relationship and see that you aren't getting that or the other person isn't even trying and thats what makes one fall out of love, but love is very fickle to begin with.

Old 06-02-2009, 10:00 AM

55 posts, read 137,187 times
just dont put unrealistic expectations on anything.

Old 06-02-2009, 10:08 AM

Location: I never said I was perfect so no refunds here sorry!
6,489 posts, read 7,181,213 times
To many reasons for the way we are and the way people want us to be that it gets diluted with everyone guessing on whats right and whats wrong.

Old 06-02-2009, 10:22 AM

1,293 posts, read 3,189,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet123 View Post
I think these are just stereotypes. first off Women want sex just as much as men do
I'm not certain which planet your on, but in the one I'm viewing the average woman doesn't want it as much as men do, or to clarify, as frequently with as much incessant drive behind it.

As to the original...Different motives for love, seriously? You can have differing levels of the motives and mechanisms behind it, that's about it. It's not love to start with if it only takes one wrong action or word to end it. There's a large difference between infatuation and love.

I could have sex with passion with a HELL of a lot of women. If I tagged the word love behind that simply due to that it probably means I've dug my way out of the cell in the insane asylum I was in previously.

Last edited by Waynec613; 06-02-2009 at 10:31 AM..

Old 06-02-2009, 02:38 PM

2,984 posts, read 5,856,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanteuse d' Opéra View Post
Have you noticed that sometimes love is all too often quickly lost & quickly found between two people? Does it depend on each of the individuals motives for love? Like if one person wants only sex & the other wants a relationship, it is doomed right? Why is it that one wrong action cause a relationship to end? Like one wrong word or statement?

Hence, the quote "The hotter the fire, the faster it burns out..."
I think many people date just to stop from being alone as well as needing some one to help keep their beds warm. It’s all about convenience.

Old 06-02-2009, 02:43 PM

2,412 posts, read 7,177,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanteuse d' Opéra View Post
Why is it that one wrong action cause a relationship to end? Like one wrong word or statement?
This depends on the strength of the relationship (which is often a function of time). Something that might be said in the first days of a relationship could lead to a break up; the same thing said in a multi-year marriage would not do a thing.

I've kinda viewed it as sort like starting a fire. When a match is first lit then any small breeze can blow it out. Once a fire has grown and is strong, it can withstand quite a bit of wind.

Yes, if one person wants just sex and the other wants a relationships then things might work for a short time, but it probably won't last and will likely result in some hard feelings -- and a wound that may need some nursing -- once it breaks down.

Old 06-02-2009, 05:02 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,429,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynec613 View Post
I'm not certain which planet your on, but in the one I'm viewing the average woman doesn't want it as much as men do, or to clarify, as frequently with as much incessant drive behind it.

As to the original...Different motives for love, seriously? You can have differing levels of the motives and mechanisms behind it, that's about it. It's not love to start with if it only takes one wrong action or word to end it. There's a large difference between infatuation and love.

I could have sex with passion with a HELL of a lot of women. If I tagged the word love behind that simply due to that it probably means I've dug my way out of the cell in the insane asylum I was in previously.

Yeah I think so too. Men and women have different sex drives. If only because men have more testosterone than women ever will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships