Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2009, 08:35 AM

2,984 posts, read 5,856,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuteishungry View Post
I'm a lady and i'm not very impressed with marriage either. I just don't think humans are wired with be monogamous.
Spoken like a true feminist.

Old 09-22-2009, 08:38 AM

3,219 posts, read 6,581,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Empathy for what in this thread? When it comes to your posts, you hate on women at least 95% of the time. I don't think that warrants empathy or remorse from the women in this thread; outside remorse for wasting time reading posts.

I wouldn't know generally. I do know that my dh is nothing like most of the men in this thread, outside Stac a bit, in that he loves and respects his wife. Either way, you aren't answering my question so forget it.
There you go again with me and the hate word label when I've said over and over again that it's not hate of anyone.

I do respond, it's just you don't like my responses.

Stac loves his wife, but with any Man in his position "can" still get "burned" by her and I surely hope not in his case.

I DO have love in my heart though you'll never believe me like when I sincerely said about your marriage in this thread that you didn't believe - that's your choice, so let it be.

I don't make the rules, laws nor responsible for the harsh realities out there.

I see a ditch that I don't want to fall into that way too many have and in which the odds no matter how perfect a S/O or Husband I may be are way against me.

Look what other Men have posted, they sure sound and agree with me in a different angle.

Old 09-22-2009, 08:43 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,190,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
There was a way to let women into the workforce and stop the discrimination against women without making men into weak humans with no backbones.
Not all men are like that. Sure, there are some, maybe a lot. I don't think shifting personal responsibility is the answer, tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stac2007
For one, there are many men that feel the same way. I consider myself a feminist and don't hold that position. Frankly, I've never understood why staying monogamous is considered such a big deal. Providing we choose our mates thoughtfully, it's not difficult.

Last edited by Braunwyn; 09-22-2009 at 09:04 AM..

Old 09-22-2009, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Yes sir.

Women cannot understand you because they think that they actually truly benefited from feminism.

Feminism was never about true equality, it was about splitting up the family structure.

It has hurt women more than helping them. Tearing down men to build up women, instead of TRUE equality between the sexes.

Its origins lie in the Soviet Union. That's why men are so weak today and women are like men.

The very word feminism is sexist towards men. If people did their research they would see the hoax it is. There is utter disrespect towards masculinity, manhood, fatherhood and men in general and it is growing unfortunately.

There was a way to let women into the workforce and stop the discrimination against women without making men into weak humans with no backbones.

All of this is the main reason why women don't respect and LISTEN to their men.
Exactly!

Again they won't admit to this even in their last breath.

In fact they'll justify wrongs verses admitting or even taking accountability.

Old 09-22-2009, 08:44 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuteishungry View Post
I'm a lady and i'm not very impressed with marriage either. I just don't think humans are wired with be monogamous.
my wiring does not dictate my behavior. being a natural born killer does not mean i have to do it. i get to choose.

Old 09-22-2009, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Before tying the know a man needs to either:

1. Do a prenup
2. See a lawyer about an asset protection plan

These days it's foolish not to.
Prenups get thrown out by judges daily - a small percentage of them sticks.

Waste of $$$ and false security.

Respectfully, it's foolish to think these are iron-clad.

Old 09-22-2009, 08:46 AM

1,417 posts, read 2,180,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njguy View Post
There you go again with me and the hate word label when I've said over and over again that it's not hate of anyone.

I do respond, it's just you don't like my responses.

Stac loves his wife, but with any Man in his position "can" still get "burned" by her and I surely hope not in his case.

I DO have love in my heart though you'll never believe me like when I sincerely said about your marriage in this thread that you didn't believe - that's your choice, so let it be.

I don't make the rules, laws nor responsible for the harsh realities out there.

I see a ditch that I don't want to fall into that way too many have and in which the odds no matter how perfect a S/O or Husband I may be are way against me.

Look what other Men have posted, they sure sound and agree with me in a different angle.
I hear you nj...but you are only seeing the end result. The laws might be "anti-male" sometimes, now...because women HAD to become "like men" to support their children when men ran out on them...to get away from wife beaters and alcoholics...etc. Does that mean ALL men were like that? No. Does that mean ALL women are out to take your money? No.
There is plenty of blame for both sexes. (And plenty of joy in marriage for both sexes if we would just ALL GROW UP!)

Old 09-22-2009, 08:49 AM

2,984 posts, read 5,856,683 times
My wife and I have been doing thing together since we first started dating. We shop, go to the gym, go to meet the teacher night and most of all go to bed together at the same time. For the likes of me I can't understand why other couples don't do the same. If someone does not want to be with their mate, why marry them? The are living alone while being married. it makes no sense to me.

Old 09-22-2009, 08:51 AM

914 posts, read 1,806,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stac2007 View Post

I've never been called that before. I don't know how I feel about it. haha. Don't get me wrong, I love relationships. 10, 20, 50 years with someone? People change. Maybe it's me, I have a lot of guys to pick from and my will power is very weak. I'm just not ready to "settle" any time soon and don't see any signs of stopping. I admire my friends in their marriages but i'm definitely not envious. How about just common law?

Last edited by tuteishungry; 09-22-2009 at 08:59 AM..

Old 09-22-2009, 08:51 AM

3,440 posts, read 5,717,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njguy View Post
Prenups get thrown out by judges daily - a small percentage of them sticks.

Waste of $$$ and false security.

Respectfully, it's foolish to think these are iron-clad.
True, but get an asset protection plan which is even better, they cannot touch that.

Tell your future wife(ex-wife) that you are doing it before you get married.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships