Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 08:26 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,188,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njguy View Post
It's not a crock especially in the example you gave.

Child......ooooooops I mean Mommy support payments awarded is no 2 cents per month.

Also do you know that females plan their divorce years ahead without the husband even suspecting so till he gets hit with it ON HER WHIM.
A. ~47 % of single parent homes headed by the mom receive child support.

B. ~46 % of single parent homes headed by the dad receive child support.

this data is on census.gov

I know speaking in averages is rough when considering child support, as well as income. But the average is ~$400/mo. That is not mommy support payments. How could it be?

Old 09-20-2009, 08:27 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,182,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big daryle View Post
Because they want some money?
Catch up a page or so back regarding the issue of money.

Old 09-20-2009, 08:29 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,649,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post

I know speaking in averages is rough when considering child support, as well as income. But the average is ~$400/mo. That is not mommy support payments. How could it be?
Alimony is far rarer these days. However, there are plenty of horror stories out there where "child support" is not earmarked for the child, but used for the custodial parent's expenses.

Old 09-20-2009, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Don't fret zz4guy - feminism has freed Men and enslaved females by their own doing.
You are enslaved to women. You're obsessed, njguy and you know it.

Any way, feminist here! with an excellent marriage.

Old 09-20-2009, 08:34 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,580,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post

I'm not saying that it doesn't say this in that URL butttttt.......

Cough - Cough! $400/month is a bargain if it were true. I never heard this low a payment in my neck of the woods - just not reality. Besides what other $$$ and assets she "raped" him for in court.

And the government has lets say not been exactly accurate in fact they often lie / exaggerate figures as to push marriage - lets face it they have an interest in this so to make $$$ later.

Men are in the minority from what I hear of getting Child custody.

Old 09-20-2009, 08:35 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,649,845 times
But they do sometimes get it. My room mate's boyfriend has custody of one of his kids, the child's mother doesn't even pay support, and they're constantly going to court over it.

Old 09-20-2009, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Alimony is far rarer these days. However, there are plenty of horror stories out there where "child support" is not earmarked for the child, but used for the custodial parent's expenses.
I don't doubt there are some cases. It's not the norm and many here are speaking in generalizations so the norm has to be factored. A lot of women do not receive support. For the one's that do, it's short money. My dad wasn't an SOB like thursday's, but he certainly didn't pay child support. And of the men I know who have, it was 300/mo and 500/mo. The one paying 500/mo was making close to 6 figures. Again, short money. njguy is talking like most men have loads of cash that's be stolen by the mom when the reality is most men don't make that much to begin with. 3-500/mo does not cover the expenses for the child let alone the expenses for the mother. It's ludicrous of him to suggest that this is the norm.

Old 09-20-2009, 08:51 PM

Quote:
I'm not saying that it doesn't say this in that URL butttttt.......

Cough - Cough! $400/month is a bargain if it were true. I never heard this low a payment in my neck of the woods - just not reality.
It's here...
http://www.census.gov/prod/2007pubs/p60-234.pdf

I'm just looking at the numbers.
- For women, average support due ~5500/yr
average support received ~3660/yr

- For men, average support due ~4900/yr
average support received ~ 3500/yr

Again, I realize averages aren't ideal. Median would be better, but I'm not finding that information.

Quote:
Besides what other $$$ and assets she "raped" him for in court.
You tell me. Provide the links. What assets do the majority of these men have prior to the marriage that is raped post divorce? I really have no idea.

Quote:
And the government has lets say not been exactly accurate in fact they often lie / exaggerate figures as to push marriage - lets face it they have an interest in this so to make $$$ later.
Again, if you're going to make the charge, supply the data.

Quote:
Men are in the minority from what I hear of getting Child custody.
Redisca, in some other thread, showed with evidence that men who actually want custody get it 90% of the time. The reality is that most men don't want it. If they file for it, it's usually as a barganing tool that's later dropped once they get what they're really after (I'm assuming assets).

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
But they do sometimes get it. My room mate's boyfriend has custody of one of his kids, the child's mother doesn't even pay support, and they're constantly going to court over it.
My girl friend has shared custody. Her ex lives with his parents. She has an apartment and the kids split their weeks. She's looking into taking a higher paying job that will require a lot of travel so she intends to put her ex and the kids in her place and pay his bills. He doesn't work.

Old 09-20-2009, 08:58 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,182,182 times
Quote:
I wished that the reality was the what you say - but that's not what I hear out there.

A Man that has to work 2 - 3 jobs while she puts in a request for even more $$$/month after she's already getting over $1K/month per child (she has 2) and he's living back at home with his parents because he cannot afford any other living arrangement. This is only one of MANY I've heard with my own ears.
You have absolutely no first hand knowledge or experience it's all heresay from other biased men . You've never dealt with divorce, or experienced it yourself. While much of what I cite is printed - I come from a family where there were 6 children on both sides of my parents family, that's 12 in all, and all of them are divorced or went through it except one - but she was a lesbian and is no longer alive.

Keep in mind that when women do all these things for the well-being of their children such as drive them to school and functions and sporting interests, cooking and cleaning -she never gets 'paid' to do it. And the vehicle to get those children where they need to be, a roof over their heads, clothing, food and a laundry list of other things does cost money and is what child support has to pay for.

All divorces have different arrangements and it's not just one lifestyle or arrangement for all. Your arguements are over generalizations and inexperience of one aspect and not backed with anything tangible. And if that works for you - great.

Old 09-20-2009, 08:59 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,007,817 times
Quote:
Every Man either knows Men from friends, family, etc..., who are divorced that have been put through the court system "sausage" mechanism.

It makes many Men RUN!

The rest open themselves up for more mincing.
No doubt. Add into the equation that the poor guys marry so they can have consistent sex and then they end not having much sex at all!

Heh, check out my "is this weird..." post -- these married people are taking their MILs on vacation with them! (Unless the old gals are there to hold up score cards, that translates into very quiet or non-existent sex on vacation.) Sorry, but from a woman's standpoint, this is very chilling, indeed.

No wonder married men are trying their luck on singles' sites! I used to resent them but now I kinda feel sorry for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships