U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 09:18 PM

12,941 posts, read 19,357,799 times

Advertisements

My Relationship with Relationships

Here I am again, back in the arms of Relationships.

What's happened to me? Why am I back at your door, begging to be let in? It's been almost a year now that you've been gone - or I've been gone; I really don't know who left first - but I know that I've missed you. I can promise you that I never looked at any other forum in that long, desolate year...have YOU been faithful, too?

I think not. I've heard rumors...one of my students telling me they occasionally “drop in” to see what's going on...people telling me they “accessed” you in the park with something called Wi-Fi. Funny...I never needed any aids to be with you. It was always so...natural...between us. I remember how we met...

It was a dark and stormy night...no, scratch that. I was trying out different forums, trying to find an electronic home-away-from-home. I had just left one where too many members had their metaphysical noses in the air, an environment I was definitely not comfortable in. I forgot how we met - I think I just ran across you in a Google search for “weird relationships”, or maybe it was...no, I remember now. I originally met your friend on the Net. I came up to her and asked a question about the area I live in. She were informative enough, but our interests were too far apart. Then she mentioned she had a friend called “Relationships” - maybe I'd like to meet her.

That's when my life turned upside-down.

The minute I stepped through that door, I knew I was hooked. I had finally found my electronic soul-mate. You were a bit indifferent at first, but then I turned on the charm and had you eating out of my hand. Of course, there were also those times when you showed me your dark side - those friends of yours, what were their names?...oh, yeah - “Moderators”. Yeah, right...like you REALLY had a platonic relationship with, what, 25 other people, that were always hanging over our shoulders, listening to everything we said, in public and in private?

Yet, I put up with those inconveniences, because you showed me your true self - funny, sexy, dangerous and alluring. It was a combination I just couldn't resist. I fell, and I fell hard.

Then the Big Split came.

Yes, I was experimenting with becoming a monk. Yes, I was searching for myself. In defense, YOU weren't exactly kind and understanding to me, either. You laughed when I bought that long orange robe, you fell on the floor gasping for breath when I shaved my head, and you wet yourself when I told you I had an 8:15 flight to The Temple of The Lost Lust to begin my monk training.

And yet, I understood. At least, I understand now. It was just your Way - your defense mechanism. You thought you could keep me here by using reverse psychology. But here's a little secret you never knew about me - psychology, whether forward or reverse, does NOT work on me. Lord knows, enough shrinks have tried.

Most of whom, thanks to me, are now driving brand-new Porsches.

But I forgive you, as I hope you forgive me. What say we go down to that quaint little PM Club and catch up on our lives? There's SO much I have to tell you...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2009, 09:26 PM

13,779 posts, read 23,758,169 times
I have missed your posts so much...even if you made a jab at me

Old 09-22-2009, 09:47 PM

9,912 posts, read 12,484,048 times
You mean to say people can get these fascinatin and heady updates in their pm boxes as well?

Clearly I'm still not part of the IN crowd around here!

Old 09-22-2009, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
I have missed your posts so much...even if you made a jab at me
I'm sorry.

Let me make it up to you. Here's a thumbs-up!

Old 09-22-2009, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
You mean to say people can get these fascinatin and heady updates in their pm boxes as well?
They can? WHO does?

Quote:
Clearly I'm still not part of the IN crowd around here!
Thank Buddha.

Old 09-22-2009, 10:24 PM

9,912 posts, read 12,484,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
They can? WHO does?
How should I know who the chosen are? You said it!

Quote:
What say we go down to that quaint little PM Club and catch up on our lives? There's SO much I have to tell you...
Just know it aint me!

Quote:
Thank Buddha.
You're welcome, my child.

Old 09-23-2009, 12:43 AM

1,322 posts, read 2,140,168 times
Man, nicely wrote..

I tried to rep ya, but that bastard with the big box keeps yelling at me. I guess it'll just have to wait.

Old 09-23-2009, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanBlasphemy View Post
Man, nicely wrote..

I tried to rep ya, but that bastard with the big box keeps yelling at me. I guess it'll just have to wait.
Where does he get off yelling at you?!?

Old 09-23-2009, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
How should I know who the chosen are? You said it!
Well, just because I say it doesn't mean I know it!

Quote:
Just know it aint me!
Oh, sure...break my heart like everyone else...

Quote:
You're welcome, my child.
Buddha!

...you look a lot different in person than your statues...

Old 09-23-2009, 06:14 AM

25,953 posts, read 26,804,451 times
Quote:
My Relationship with Relationships

Here I am again, back in the arms of Relationships.

What's happened to me? Why am I back at your door, begging to be let in? It's been almost a year now that you've been gone - or I've been gone; I really don't know who left first - but I know that I've missed you. I can promise you that I never looked at any other forum in that long, desolate year...have YOU been faithful, too?

I think not. ...
How many people out there
Who've hurt in some kind of love affair
and how many times do you swear
that you'll never love again.
How many lonley, sleepless night
How many lies, how many fights,
and why would you want to put yourself
through all that again.
Love is pain I hear you say,
Love is a cruel and bitter way
Of paying you back for all the faith
you ever had in your brain, baby.....

....Turn the clock all the way back
I wonder if shell take me back
Im thinking in a brand new way

-Brand New Day - Sting
YouTube - Sting - Brand New Day
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or