U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 09-23-2009, 07:39 PM

13,779 posts, read 15,502,096 times
Love this thread!

I have had to joy of dealing with a contractor who is a complete moron and is unable to take responsibility for dropping the proverbial ball on the job at my house.

My husband is leaving at 6 am tomorrow morning, his clothes are clean and suits have been dry cleaned yet he is complaining I did not pack his things...did I mention he went on a 2 hour mountain bike ride after work?

But, on the bright side, I went shopping and picked up a few things for the house so I am a little happier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 09-23-2009, 08:31 PM

18,355 posts, read 10,244,545 times
The public works department had the main water lines replaced on our street (months ago). I've had the contractor they hired, as well as public works guys, at my house several times for problems that resulted (my basement flooding was on the list). The contractor broke the sillcock we had for the garden hose and it's like pulling teeth to get him to fix it. He's been to the house several times and keeps having to come back for stupid crap. I called them today (for the 10th time) and I got no where, as usual. I picked one up today and will see if I can replace it this weekend.

Unread 09-23-2009, 09:06 PM

1,986 posts, read 2,519,913 times
In June I had an MRI on my right foot and right ankle -- because it was two different parts of my limb, it counts as 2 MRIs, to the tune of $3000 total ($1500 each). For the past three months, I've been monitoring my insurance company's website because they have rejected my claim. I'll call, and they'll tell me they need more info. I'll send them what they ask for, or my doctor will, and the claim will be re-opened and classified as pending. Then a little while later it'll be rejected again. I've been trying to stay on top of it because so far I haven't been sent a bill by the MRI place, and I don't want to be sent a bill. But today the MRI place called to say that my insurance company kept rejecting the claim, yada-yada.

It's very frustrating because I have called the insurance company numerous times. I've spoken with a Courtney, a Tonya, a Chris, and today a Courtney again. The last time was earlier this month, and I was told to have my doctor fax all of my records to them. I called her today and she said she had done so. But the insurance company is saying they never received them. So now I've asked the doctor to print EVERYTHING: every single notes, copies of the x-rays, orders for the bloodwork, results of the bloodwork. Everything. I'm gonna go to their office and pick it up, then fax it myself one more time, and if that doesn't yield results, I'll get my company's HR liaison involved. (When I mentioned that to my insurance company on TODAY'S call, she tried to dissuade me from involving my HR liaison because that would just slow things down. Uh-huh.)

Anyway...it's annoying. The MRI people have a right to be paid, but this is ridiculous. I'm aware that the MRI didn't reveal anything "serious" with my foot -- nothing that would allow my doctor to make a diagnosis -- but he wouldn't have ordered the MRI unless he'd had a reason to do so. We did x-rays first...then TWO rounds of bloodwork. It's not like the MRI was a first choice. I'm angry that Anthem is playing hardball with me on this.

Unread 09-23-2009, 09:56 PM

440 posts, read 407,542 times
My students....oy vey. Some of them are making just absurd grades....grades that random people pulled off the streets - who have never taken the subject - would probably receive. Not at all apparent that they've ever been in my class...for a month and a half already, no less! How can they sit there day after day and have absolutely no clue what the material is about? Even whey I explain it many times, in as many ways as I know how? How??? Why won't they at least do homework or extra credit to make up for it? Why won't they ask questions? Why won't they talk to me outside of class? Why, whyyyy??? And why do all the underachievers end up in the same class together?
<End of Rant>

Unread 09-23-2009, 09:58 PM

13,779 posts, read 15,502,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastelito de limon View Post
My students....oy vey. Some of them are making just absurd grades....grades that random people pulled off the streets - who have never taken the subject - would probably receive. Not at all apparent that they've ever been in my class...for a month and a half already, no less! How can they sit there day after day and have absolutely no clue what the material is about? Even whey I explain it many times, in as many ways as I know how? How??? Why won't they at least do homework or extra credit to make up for it? Why won't they ask questions? Why won't they talk to me outside of class? Why, whyyyy??? And why do all the underachievers end up in the same class together?
<End of Rant>
BIGGER QUESTION...Why do all of the underachievers end up in YOUR class? Hope it gets better soon

Unread 09-23-2009, 10:12 PM

1,323 posts, read 1,237,952 times
Well, to start off...

Last week, I got the avian bird flu. I don't know when I'll use it.

Last night I couldn't sleep. I was up all night trying to round off infinity. Then I got bored and went out and painted passing lines on curved roads...

Today... I just got completly irritated and started peeing in random peoples toilets, and left the lid down. I missed a little, but I'm sure they won't mind.

Then, I had a date with my psychic girlfriend, but she left me before we met.

And now, here I am, reading about what has everyone else ticked off.. I'm seriously thinking about buying a roll of duct tape, a stuffed kookabura bird, and some dry ice. I don't know why, I just like all that crap.

Alright, I really don't have anything to complain about - it's been a good day, thanks for axing!

Unread 09-24-2009, 12:13 AM
FBJ

31,402 posts, read 19,055,520 times
Women asking me what I have instead of what type of a person I am

Unread 09-24-2009, 02:31 AM

23,295 posts, read 11,911,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Here's a box of tissues....

Don't you have 40 some threads going on this subject that you have to drag your sorry, whiny, arse into someone elses with the same story you already have elicited direct attention on?

What has me ticked off? Whiny, sorry arse people, who do nothing to help themselves.

Unread 09-24-2009, 05:48 AM

19,213 posts, read 20,180,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Would you like some cheese with that whine?

Unread 09-24-2009, 07:28 AM

27,239 posts, read 23,951,682 times
Minor irritation. They have scented pinecones at work now. If I have to go by them, the scent burns my eyes. I like cinnamon well enough but come on!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships