Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2009, 12:21 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,582,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post

Thanks so much for clarifying. I appreciate it.
No problem - sometimes I post too fast to make my entries fast here at work and it makes my posts unclear - sorry about that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2009, 12:24 PM

3,849 posts, read 9,423,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njguy View Post
No problem - sometimes I post too fast to make my entries fast here at work and it makes my posts unclear - sorry about that.
No, he's not TVSG. TVSG would never admit to being an idiot.

Not that you're an idiot, njguy, but you did apologize for a misunderstanding.

Old 09-24-2009, 12:33 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,641,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njguy View Post
Trouble still is that if in Co-Habitation or Marriage all that possible fallout with odds against me that I've posted in many other threads still enters my picture which is never ever ignored. Sure, not all females are out to get a Man for his wealth to begin with, but has odds against me that she'll opt out.
I haven't read your other posts so I don't know why exactly you think the odds are against you. But I've never used that as an excuse, partly because I don't believe in the argument. Odds are something used to describe random events. For example, winning the lottery or dying in a plane crash. But people and relationships aren't governed by the laws of random behavior. People use this argument, for example, to say why they should never get married, cause marriage has a 50% failure rate therefore anyone getting married has a 50% chance of divorcing. But it's a flawed argument since all marriages are different and therefore don't have the same chances of failing.

Old 09-24-2009, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtheBanker View Post

When I see that I make a mistake I apologize.

I read my affected posts later and said to myself "was that me?" - lol! No I saw that I wasn't clear and "jibberish".

However hmmmmmmmmmmm.....when I believe in something or someone tries to manipulate me or put and inappropriate label on me for whatever reason(s) - WATCH OUT!

We all act like idiots at one time or another as we are all human (I think maybe).

Old 09-24-2009, 12:41 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,641,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtheBanker View Post

Have you noticed how TVSG starts these threads and then disappears? Is he just trying to stir things up or is upset that no one else agree with him?

Old 09-24-2009, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
Have you noticed how TVSG starts these threads and then disappears? Is he just trying to stir things up or is upset that no one else agree with him?
I wonder if he's off crying in a corner...

Actually, he's probably not on his computer. I'm only on CD when I'm at work, no other time.

Old 09-24-2009, 12:54 PM

Quote:
I haven't read your other posts so I don't know why exactly you think the odds are against you. But I've never used that as an excuse, partly because I don't believe in the argument. Odds are something used to describe random events. For example, winning the lottery or dying in a plane crash. But people and relationships aren't governed by the laws of random behavior. People use this argument, for example, to say why they should never get married, cause marriage has a 50% failure rate therefore anyone getting married has a 50% chance of divorcing. But it's a flawed argument since all marriages are different and therefore don't have the same chances of failing.
I wished that the realities of Marriage and Divorce and Relationships and so on and so forth were how you see it.

In very short: The system is rigged against Men is where is at with me and my posts and there's Men that know of what I speak and mean.

I hope that you never get "burned" badly by "the system" and the harsh frigid reality aftermath.

As a society IMO a good percentage have become so picky and fickle for things that REALLY don't matter in the nitty gritty end. What is next?

Old 09-24-2009, 12:55 PM

6,764 posts, read 22,072,850 times
I wonder if he really wants help?
He's gotten good advice in his many threads along with lots of sarcasm.

I don't think TV Guy is willing to change himself or his behavior so things will remain status quo.

Plenty of men of modest means get married or find girlfriends every day. Not every woman wants to know you have a huge bankbook before she dates you.

Old 09-24-2009, 12:58 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,703,004 times
Quote:
First, he works during the day and you'll notice that he starts posting as soon as he walks in the door. Secondly, yes, he does give up on posts. Why? My estimation is first that he really does have trouble comprehending sentences containing more than five words and words containing more than two syllables.

Second, when he logs back on and finds a plethora of additions to his threads it would take him a couple of days to read a couple of pages and thus he grabs a mammoth bowl of Fruit Loops to give him energy, reads the last few posts, adds what he thinks is a zinger of a one liner which unfortunately most don't understand - then he gives up and goes onto the next subject which has irritated him into a frenzy over the last 18 hours.

I doubt that he's ever upset that people don't agree with him as he never listens to anyone anyway!

Old 09-24-2009, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
I wonder if he really wants help?
He's gotten good advice in his many threads along with lots of sarcasm.

I don't think TV Guy is willing to change himself or his behavior so things will remain status quo.

Plenty of men of modest means get married or find girlfriends every day. Not every woman wants to know you have a huge bankbook before she dates you.
His problem is he doesn't KNOW he's the one with the problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships