Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 12:27 PM

78,412 posts, read 60,593,823 times

Advertisements

No. However, I think I could find some ways to hold her interest during the flight and once the plane was on the ground....game on.

My guess is that the waiting, teasing and extended foreplay would lead to a scenario where we would later need to summon a skycap to make it through the airport without collapsing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2009, 12:33 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,782,217 times
Yeah I'd take a shot, and I'd make sure the intercom was on at the moment of climax and scream "OH MY GOD!" and make all the passengers shyt themselves and go hysterical. Then I'd ask if anyone knows how to fly a plane.

Old 09-24-2009, 12:39 PM

20,718 posts, read 19,363,240 times
OK first some disclosure. I am not a member of Flat Earth Society, not with regards to the Earth or to men and women. I believe men and women are different.
Historically speaking, women faced this proposition. I doubt many drunken men looking for a sexual favor think about the historical biological pressure that were put on the female psyche.
Now this assumes conception but ultimately, in mate selection, a women puts her life literally on the line. This also disregards that women are much more vulnerable to disease on brief lapses with sexually active men.

Maternal mortality in the past and its relevance to developing countries today -- Loudon 72 (1): 241S Figure 1 -- American Journal of Clinical Nutrition (http://www.ajcn.org/cgi/content/full/72/1/241S/F1 - broken link)

Even up to WWII it was 1 in 200 chance of dying giving birth to someone's child. Notice how selective and coy the men were consciously at one in a hundred. In some parts of Sub Saharan Africa its as high as 1 in 16. So imagine what it was through the eons. So next time you wonder why a girl wants you to have a job, or a house, or any responsibility at all, realize the vast history that was driving this.

If you are from the school of John Locke and his theory of a blank slate, then perhaps you may expect women to discard this apprehension. Still, as I say, I don't think they can do it so easily.

Genesis was correct. Humans have large brain cases and it is particularly hard on the women of our species to deliver these rather large headed babies. Because we eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge, aka our large brains, women suffer in child birth. It is also interesting that beauty is female in our species which is unusual. Usually its, let predators spot the fancy feathered males. I gather its due to the requirement of health in a human female to deliver.

These risks still exist, probably due to the chaos going on in her immune system. Pregnant women die disproportionately.
A. It is important for a pregnant woman to receive the 2009 H1N1 influenza vaccine as well as a seasonal influenza vaccine. A pregnant woman who gets any type of flu is at risk for serious complications and hospitalization. Pregnant women who are otherwise healthy have been severely impacted by the 2009 H1N1 influenza virus (formerly called “novel H1N1 flu” or “swine flu”). In comparison to the general population, a greater proportion of pregnant women infected with the 2009 H1N1 influenza virus have been hospitalized. In addition, severe illness and death has occurred in pregnant women. Six percent of confirmed fatal 2009 H1N1 flu cases thus far have been in pregnant women while only about 1% of the general population is pregnant. While hand washing, staying away from ill people, and other steps can help to protect pregnant women from influenza, vaccination is the single best way to protect against the flu.

Next time you ask a girl out, be sure to thank her for saying yes.

Old 09-24-2009, 12:47 PM

551 posts, read 1,924,728 times
Just because I bang some random chick does not mean she's popping out my baby on a death bed 9 months later. Your original question was misleading. Damn statisticians.

Old 09-24-2009, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourOhFive View Post
Just because I bang some random chick does not mean she's popping out my baby on a death bed 9 months later.
Hi FourOhFive,

I offered 99% odds to the men so 99 out if a 100 were not dying either. Yet, the men started act like girls being hesitant and full of doubt. I am sure its just a coincidence.

Old 09-24-2009, 12:53 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
OK first some disclosure. I am not a member of Flat Earth Society, not with regards to the Earth or to men and women. I believe men and women are different.
Historically speaking, women faced this proposition. I doubt many drunken men looking for a sexual favor think about the historical biological pressure that were put on the female psyche.
Now this assumes conception but ultimately, in mate selection, a women puts her life literally on the line. This also disregards that women are much more vulnerable to disease on brief lapses with sexually active men.

Maternal mortality in the past and its relevance to developing countries today -- Loudon 72 (1): 241S Figure 1 -- American Journal of Clinical Nutrition (http://www.ajcn.org/cgi/content/full/72/1/241S/F1 - broken link)

Even up to WWII it was 1 in 200 chance of dying giving birth to someone's child. Notice how selective and coy the men were consciously at one in a hundred. In some parts of Sub Saharan Africa its as high as 1 in 16. So imagine what it was through the eons. So next time you wonder why a girl wants you to have a job, or a house, or any responsibility at all, realize the vast history that was driving this.

If you are from the school of John Locke and his theory of a blank slate, then perhaps you may expect women to discard this apprehension. Still, as I say, I don't think they can do it so easily.

Genesis was correct. Humans have large brain cases and it is particularly hard on the women of our species to deliver these rather large headed babies. Because we eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge, aka our large brains, women suffer in child birth. It is also interesting that beauty is female in our species which is unusual. Usually its, let predators spot the fancy feathered males. I gather its due to the requirement of health in a human female to deliver.

These risks still exist, probably due to the chaos going on in her immune system. Pregnant women die disproportionately.
A. It is important for a pregnant woman to receive the 2009 H1N1 influenza vaccine as well as a seasonal influenza vaccine. A pregnant woman who gets any type of flu is at risk for serious complications and hospitalization. Pregnant women who are otherwise healthy have been severely impacted by the 2009 H1N1 influenza virus (formerly called “novel H1N1 flu” or “swine flu”). In comparison to the general population, a greater proportion of pregnant women infected with the 2009 H1N1 influenza virus have been hospitalized. In addition, severe illness and death has occurred in pregnant women. Six percent of confirmed fatal 2009 H1N1 flu cases thus far have been in pregnant women while only about 1% of the general population is pregnant. While hand washing, staying away from ill people, and other steps can help to protect pregnant women from influenza, vaccination is the single best way to protect against the flu.

Next time you ask a girl out, be sure to thank her for saying yes.
Awww what a letdown...I was thinking it was going to be something exciting.

Old 09-24-2009, 12:55 PM

890 posts, read 2,785,764 times
Interesting historical data.

But in my life late 20th, and early 21st century in North America, I see sex in the context of recreation, reproduction, and intimacy. All of them have their risks.

Old 09-24-2009, 12:59 PM

1,193 posts, read 3,993,497 times
Big letdown...

Regardless, I'd totally do it. Damn the torpedoes.

Old 09-24-2009, 01:01 PM

551 posts, read 1,924,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi FourOhFive,

I offered 99% odds to the men so 99 out if a 100 were not dying either. Yet, the men started act like girls being hesitant and full of doubt. I am sure its just a coincidence.
And I am sure if 1 out of 100 women died everytime they had sex, there would be a lot more hesitation there as well.

Old 09-24-2009, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Marnix View Post
Interesting historical data.

But in my life late 20th, and early 21st century in North America, I see sex in the context of recreation, reproduction, and intimacy. All of them have their risks.

Hi Joseph,

Then you would arguing the blank slate theory. That is how a man would view it according to my theory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships