Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 12:00 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,949,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
How long have you been married? Someone explain it to him - I have to get to work!
That's hilarious!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2009, 12:02 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,398,043 times
She wasn't like this before you married her?

Old 09-24-2009, 12:04 PM

890 posts, read 2,785,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Today the little woman came home from work. In the driveway she sees a camper trailer I picked up for free on Craigslist. That's not the end.

I ask her to look at it. It is pretty messed up. I may just sell it out front of my home. So she comes into the camper. Looks around then sees a light on the wall. It is a small light with the switch underneath. She says and I quote the conversation:

"Can you put that light in our house to replace that one we have in the hallway?"

I say, "No. Why would you want to do that? This light is old and rusty?"
Ironic that you brought the old and rusty camper within your property,

Quote:
She says, "The one in the hall doesn't have a switch and the electricity is on 24 hours a day."

I look in disbelief, "No it's not."

It could be a metaphor that your brain has no off switch, and to her it's wasted 24 hours a day?

Quote:
"Goodbye (my name)." Then she exits the camper and heads off in her car to do her things.
At least she took the time to look at your stuff, and it's obvious she has a life of her own to do stuff with.

Quote:
My question to you is....

"Is the electricity on 24 hours a day when the light bulb is unscrewed to the point that the light is not on?"

I'd really like to hear what everyone thinks. This ought to be good. Please ladies, I want to here your thoughts.
Having a switch-less, unscrewed bulb in the hallway is just ghetto.
I would find it inconvenient to toggle the on/off a light by unscrewing the bulb.

Old 09-24-2009, 12:08 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,182,182 times
The lightbulb is on and no one is home.

Old 09-24-2009, 12:12 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Today the little woman came home from work. In the driveway she sees a camper trailer I picked up for free on Craigslist. That's not the end.

I ask her to look at it. It is pretty messed up. I may just sell it out front of my home. So she comes into the camper. Looks around then sees a light on the wall. It is a small light with the switch underneath. She says and I quote the conversation:

"Can you put that light in our house to replace that one we have in the hallway?"

I say, "No. Why would you want to do that? This light is old and rusty?"

She says, "The one in the hall doesn't have a switch and the electricity is on 24 hours a day."

I look in disbelief, "No it's not."

"Goodbye (my name)." Then she exits the camper and heads off in her car to do her things.

My question to you is....

"Is the electricity on 24 hours a day when the light bulb is unscrewed to the point that the light is not on?"

I'd really like to hear what everyone thinks. This ought to be good. Please ladies, I want to here your thoughts.
Sorry Funyman - I do not get your question?

Is it a joke - like how many bad wives does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Old 09-24-2009, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Marnix View Post
Ironic that you brought the old and rusty camper within your property,

It could be a metaphor that your brain has no off switch, and to her it's wasted 24 hours a day?

At least she took the time to look at your stuff, and it's obvious she has a life of her own to do stuff with.

Having a switch-less, unscrewed bulb in the hallway is just ghetto.
I would find it inconvenient to toggle the on/off a light by unscrewing the bulb.
WOW!

You are such shallow individual. If you only knew where I live it would put shame to your lifestyle Mr. Mardix. I have a beautiful home on a river! I need not explain anything else but that it isn't a single wide like you are invisioning in your tiny brain.

You take the fact that I have Tennessee on my profile and talk about a camper that I was able to get makes me some sort of hillbilly or redneck? Is that it?

I think you were trying to get a big laugh out of the whole thread and all you did was show your true colors. Good job Mr. Shallowmind.

Old 09-24-2009, 12:16 PM

6,565 posts, read 14,293,678 times
Quote:
WOW!

You are such shallow individual. If you only knew where I live it would put shame to your lifestyle Mr. Mardix. I have a beautiful home on a river! I need not explain anything else but that it isn't a single wide like you are invisioning in your tiny brain.

You take the fact that I have Tennessee on my profile and talk about a camper that I was able to get makes me some sort of hillbilly or redneck? Is that it?

I think you were trying to get a big laugh out of the whole thread and all you did was show your true colors. Good job Mr. Shallowmind.
So are you trying to say that what he said wasn't "funy"?

Old 09-24-2009, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Sorry Funyman - I do not get your question?

Is it a joke - like how many bad wives does it take to screw in a light bulb?

I just bang my head sometimes wondering what things mean. That's all.

Nevermind. This guy just ticked me off about making me into some hillbilly redneck on this thread.

Old 09-24-2009, 12:22 PM

3,849 posts, read 9,422,703 times
Quote:
I just bang my head sometimes wondering what things mean. That's all.

Nevermind. This guy just ticked me off about making me into some hillbilly redneck on this thread.
You mean you're not?! Awww....

Old 09-24-2009, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post
So are you trying to say that what he said wasn't "funy"?
Actually I don't think it was funny at all.

I know you are kidding around with me but I eat and drink with the best of them. We are all together the "Human Race."

Class distinctions tick me off the worse.

I will have lunch with a homeless person. We are all Brothers and Sisters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships