Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 08:03 AM

28,883 posts, read 30,185,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridadreamer View Post
I agree, but the problems usually arise out of greed and selfishness. If the both parties were so "nice" and "unselfish", chances are they wouldn't be getting divorced.
I never thought of that.... LOL

Quote:
Trying to have a civil conversation with with my ex sometimes is like pulling teeth, because he is simply too busy assuming I am attacking his character or ability to be a good father. Everything I say stems from my concern about being able to support the kids, taking care of their emotional needs, etc..it really has nothing to do with his character (although I don't care for that either). I even try to be very polite usually, because he does tend to take things as my being hostile.
I can now, after what, 11 or 12 years talk to my ex...but I'm always on guard....and it surely isn't that often
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2009, 08:04 AM

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
I looked at the way my husband handled his first divorce and I was impressed. It said a lot about him, but his divorce wasn't the result of cheating or anything along those lines.
absolutely, I am always impressed by those type of men....

Quote:
I gave my husband fair warning when we were in the early stages of dating. I told him that if I ever caught my husband cheating on me (I didn't know he'd eventually become my husband ), I'd take him for everything he's got. He didn't run, instead he put a ring on my finger. Go figure.
Happily ever after!!!! Good for you....
Hugs
Creme

Old 10-02-2009, 09:07 PM

34 posts, read 102,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
After my brother cheated on his wife, and the subsequent divorce, my sis-n-law (who I thought was a great gal) ended up going out and mirroring the same behaviors that my brother (her ex) had been guilty of and which caused the split in the first place! The very stuff she was sooo unhappy with and condemning about.
Does cheating run in your family?

My wife and I are blessed that we were raised to have good morals and be God fearing people. We have been married for 25 years and neither of us have cheated. The same can be said for our parents and our siblings.

Old 10-02-2009, 09:23 PM

15,083 posts, read 20,436,223 times
"You do not truly know someone until you fight them..."

Skip to 1:30 for the truth if you don't want to watch the whole thing:

YouTube - The Matrix Reloaded Neo vs Seraph

Old 10-03-2009, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chesapeake Man View Post
Does cheating run in your family?

My wife and I are blessed that we were raised to have good morals and be God fearing people. We have been married for 25 years and neither of us have cheated. The same can be said for our parents and our siblings.
I do believe it's all in how one is raised...what our own personal moral institutions are, plus how we stay true to oneself, which keeps us true to others...

Congrats on your marriage...makes me smile...

Old 10-03-2009, 08:47 AM

so to sum this thread up...you don't always know someone as well as you think you do...that is why through experience, I've learned, you can't fix someone...it is their culture and how they were raised to believe...it also involves morals, self respect and a great deal of trust in oneself...if you don't like yourself, no one else can.

While I knew the men who I dated and were involved with, were fixer uppers... I foolishly believed, if they loved me enough, really loved that they would not chance loosing what they had...but what I didn't understand was, it wasn't at all about me...more so, about them and their culture they adopted from little on up...you can't change one unless they know in their soul of souls, that they have problems and go for help...

It's best to find someone who you can trust with your heart...if they are not confident....have been bought up in a home without moral values and fidelity to oneself, chances are, they're not going to know how to live a life true to others...and when you break up, it can be a real horror show...believe me...

mental compatiblity is the key...someone who was raised to think and believe as you do...

don't ya wish we'd have known this when we were much younger? Those that do, were very fortunate....

Creme

Old 10-03-2009, 08:48 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,299,203 times
My wife got a taste of my temper the other day. She said she didn't know I had a temper, I said to her: "well, it's been way before we met" She was very surprised because she's never seen me so upset before.

Old 10-04-2009, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
My wife got a taste of my temper the other day. She said she didn't know I had a temper, I said to her: "well, it's been way before we met" She was very surprised because she's never seen me so upset before.
well, I hope what ever set you off, things are much better now....
Hugs
Creme

Old 10-04-2009, 08:23 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,396,687 times
I am happy to announce, my electricity is finally back on! Unfortunately the ice cream, cherry, went bad. I hadn't even opened it yet. I gotta say though. The thing I missed the most was not the artificial light, the radio, or t.v. or the computer at home. What I missed the most was the AC. As humid as it was today, there was no way I was going to stay home in that oven. But now I'm back and things are running great. With the exception of the microwave,who seems to have taken the lightning storm last night a little too hard. We'll probably need a new one now.

Old 10-04-2009, 08:34 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,396,687 times
Oh darn, I posted in the wrong thread in my haste. Sorry folks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships