U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 05:03 PM

1,385 posts, read 1,578,853 times

Advertisements

My SO and I have the kind of relationship where laughter is not against the rules, as it is. And that extends to our intimate life together. Without divulging details (I am, after all, a chronic gentleman and, besides, she's standing above me with loving but firm hands on my shoulders, in fine proximity to my neck), I have her permission to share this:

Last night, snuggled to the tune of Sleepless in Seattle (we never get tired of that film), I happened to have an ear cocked against her shoulder and, mindful that she has particularly deep and hollow arm pits, I gazed upon her and said what was literally true---I could hear the ocean in her arm pits.

As God is my witness I was being romantic. I wasn't going for a laugh. But as God is her witness, she hasn't quit laughing yet. She just came thisclose to choking on a Ritz cracker to prove it.

I'm pretty certain that I'm the only man in the history of romance who ever heard the ocean in his lover's arm pits. ("Or, at least, was stupid enough to say so," chimes my SO---still with hands near my neck, of course.)

Let the record show, however, and again without divulging details, that it didn't kill the mood.

So we got to wondering. Assuming you, too, have such intimate relationships that laughter is not barred from your truly intimate interludes, what's the funniest line you or your SO have ever delivered? (With or without killing the mood . . . )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2009, 05:09 PM

1,743 posts, read 3,853,520 times
Sometimes I get the giggles and just cannot stop... that does seem to kill the mood though.

Old 09-28-2009, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieChick1972 View Post
Sometimes I get the giggles and just cannot stop... that does seem to kill the mood though.
Could it depend on what it was that provoked the giggles? (Assuming it wasn't your partner, that is . . . )

Old 09-28-2009, 05:17 PM

1,743 posts, read 3,853,520 times
Like being ticklish, or something is said.

Old 09-28-2009, 05:52 PM

10,996 posts, read 11,066,937 times
So your SO is going to choke you if you write something she didn't give you permission to write?

Old 09-28-2009, 07:08 PM

25,947 posts, read 25,698,117 times
While he was in the bathroom, I once wrapped myself in that yellow and black 'Caution' tape you see at construction sites and crime scenes. It was laughter central and didn't ruin the mood.

We often got into fits of laughter where I actually fell off the bed.

Old 09-28-2009, 07:10 PM

13,692 posts, read 15,012,869 times
You can hear oceans galore - but when you hear the seagulls caw - it's time for her to change her deodorant.

Old 09-28-2009, 07:16 PM

2,133 posts, read 5,121,551 times
We laugh frequently during intimate times. Maybe not every time, but we are both fun loving, happy people and I can't imagine not being able to laugh/giggle from time to time. Right off hand I am unable to provide a specific example that wouldn't get cut, but believe me, we do laugh and it doesn't spoil anything.

Old 09-28-2009, 07:22 PM

536 posts, read 961,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhistlerMCMLV View Post
My SO and I have the kind of relationship where laughter is not against the rules, as it is. And that extends to our intimate life together. Without divulging details (I am, after all, a chronic gentleman and, besides, she's standing above me with loving but firm hands on my shoulders, in fine proximity to my neck), I have her permission to share this:

Last night, snuggled to the tune of Sleepless in Seattle (we never get tired of that film), I happened to have an ear cocked against her shoulder and, mindful that she has particularly deep and hollow arm pits, I gazed upon her and said what was literally true---I could hear the ocean in her arm pits.

As God is my witness I was being romantic. I wasn't going for a laugh. But as God is her witness, she hasn't quit laughing yet. She just came thisclose to choking on a Ritz cracker to prove it.

I'm pretty certain that I'm the only man in the history of romance who ever heard the ocean in his lover's arm pits. ("Or, at least, was stupid enough to say so," chimes my SO---still with hands near my neck, of course.)

Let the record show, however, and again without divulging details, that it didn't kill the mood.

So we got to wondering. Assuming you, too, have such intimate relationships that laughter is not barred from your truly intimate interludes, what's the funniest line you or your SO have ever delivered? (With or without killing the mood . . . )
that's just too cute

Old 09-28-2009, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
So your SO is going to choke you if you write something she didn't give you permission to write?
Not if I can help it . . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships