Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 12:22 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,345,842 times

Advertisements

In my opinion, hate is not necessary.

We may dislike someone or something they did, but hate is not an option.

I have learned in my life that hate will kill you inside and it is just no fun at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2009, 12:37 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,225,548 times
Good for you, Neenan. If you are the kind of person who can't hate, it's a good thing. Hate is a very destructive emotion for all involved.

I agree with you. Hate takes up too much space in our hearts/minds and leaves no space for love and understanding.

Old 09-29-2009, 04:59 PM

76 posts, read 132,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
compulsive behavior?
it could be you need to get help. 12 step and counseling.
you can at least find out.
a lil CDF posting will not make it go away.
Maybe you're right.
But if need help I think it's about it that 1 hour I am shaking not knowing where I am and asking myself millions of questions.

And, maybe I am wrong, but the fact I care about him I can't just stop caring about him. If he stopped carring about me and i do the same, I would be just like him, don't you think?

And, I don't wanna hate him, I just want to stop asking if he will call or text to say sorry or ask me how I am.

Old 09-29-2009, 06:01 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,668,915 times
I think it's good that you don't hate him. Hate is a very toxic emotion.
He treated you badly. Quit questioning and get on with your life. He is not good enough for you. You could question it forever, but what's past is past.
You need to move on. There's no excuse for beating and cheating.

Old 09-29-2009, 06:31 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,994,999 times
You will eventually reach a breaking point, believe me.

Old 09-29-2009, 06:40 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,251,440 times
Getting even only makes more of a mess. Its better just tomove on. Eventually any hate/negativity will burn out when you are sick of thinking of someone below you or when you see how pathetic the person is for bring that BS into your life.

Just dont go revenge mode. Total waste of time and makes you look like the nutty one.

Old 09-29-2009, 07:17 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,539,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
In my opinion, hate is not necessary.

We may dislike someone or something they did, but hate is not an option.

I have learned in my life that hate will kill you inside and it is just no fun at all.
Reps!

Old 09-30-2009, 05:03 AM

76 posts, read 132,095 times
Thanks all.
I agree with most of you.
Its a part of life where everyone should go through.And, I am making such a big deal of it.
I do it. They do it to me.Why so much crying?

Old 09-30-2009, 08:14 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,639,656 times
The words "hate" and "love" I find to be very overused. I think people use them when they don't mean it, don't use them when they should and not everyone truly understands the true meaning of either word.
To say you hate someone is pretty powerful, I think it's easy to say and feels good saying it but I think deep down a lot of people don't actually mean it. I think they say it out of hurt and anger but later regret that they've said it.
Just my own theory..

Old 09-30-2009, 10:47 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,539,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeenaN View Post
Maybe you're right.
But if need help I think it's about it that 1 hour I am shaking not knowing where I am and asking myself millions of questions.

And, maybe I am wrong, but the fact I care about him I can't just stop caring about him. If he stopped carring about me and i do the same, I would be just like him, don't you think?

And, I don't wanna hate him, I just want to stop asking if he will call or text to say sorry or ask me how I am.
No one should ever feel foolish for not hating someone. It is such an ugly and draining place to be. A true display of strong character is when you don't allow these situations to make you bitter and jaded. You don't want to be one of those women hating men because of what one guy did to you.

You are going to continue caring about him. Even if you stopped, it wouldn't make you like him. You were the one betrayed, not the other way around, yes?

You will stop asking and wondering, eventually. It will pass, I promise.

I know the feeling. That was before I got a new motherboard installed and ditched the emotion chip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships