U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 12:04 AM

9,859 posts, read 11,253,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
It's not the location, it's the type of woman you are drawn to, or the type you draw. There's always going to be a variety of people in any setting.

Personally, financial assets is low on my list. If he's financially responsible and independent, and is not a tight-wad, then that's good enough for me. I can buy my own things
I'm not singling you out but... to be frank, I don't think that is going to be good enough anymore. My ex-wife was as good as homeless when I met her. She wasn't a skank, just unlucky. Society absolutely gives a pass to women who have nothing at all who land a billionaire by whatever 'charm' they possess. A guy is a gigolo or boy toy or worse and a woman who takes on a guy like that is scorned all the way home from the dinner party.The 'mancession' has destroyed the financial futures of millions of men even as it has created new opportunities for women to take over those old pay lines. What is the first thing a newly minted female junior partner does when some guy e-mails her match.com ad? Look for his profile to see what financial information he has provided. I disagree with Morphous, I don't think there is more money in the economy. There is less. Lot's less. It isn't reasonable or sustainable to have all those double income no kids aspirations anymore. I can't tell anyone what to do but I can't see why some woman with a net worth of a couple million or less than half that can't take on a guy that is solid, talented in some way but who has negative net worth. The reverse is done all the time. If we are going to hold to the stereotyped gender roles that is all well and good but women will have to relinquish all those corporate jobs that they are getting at the expense of their male counterparts so that they can be 'taken care of'. The age of greed is coming to a close.

H
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2009, 12:52 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,484,871 times
Default Are females only concerned about a guy's financial assets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcb1025 View Post
I know, I know. This sounds soooo stereotypical, but I'm pretty sure I have it pegged now.
Many would say so but the fact is, this is a chicken and egg situation. Many women do not look for a man with money. Instead, they are looking for another woman's man but since the other woman are "only concerned about a guy's financial assets", this is what they get. It then appears that this is the case, but it isn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcb1025 View Post
Am I way off base here?
No. You are just doing what men are always doing, trying to understand how the world works. However, this may get your posts deleted here.

Old 10-08-2009, 03:05 AM

15 posts, read 61,511 times
Default yes

By law of nature, If man is provider, women is keeper. Every man expects physical comfort and love from woman; woman expects financial security, physical protection and care from man. Thats why man thinks after marriage and women thinks until marriage.

Old 10-10-2009, 05:48 PM

691 posts, read 2,245,916 times
Men would rather be alone, than with a woman who does not "fit" their standard. Honestly, I almost think that we should go back to arranged marriages, because the way people pick a partner now is so superficial. Based on looks, or money, status.

Old 10-10-2009, 10:24 PM

2,618 posts, read 5,927,619 times
Dude, just make a joke about it. When she says "I'm looking for a man to buy me BMW's and a big house", just come back at her and say "yeah, I'm with ya on that, a girl with season tickets and a timeshare in the bahamas is what I'm currently searching for."

If she laughs then she might realize she's being a little ridiculous and may call herself out on it. If she gives you a weird stare, then you should say you have to go to the restroom and then leave and stiff her with the bill.

Old 10-12-2009, 04:36 AM

9 posts, read 29,354 times
as an older woman I can tell you for a fact that I never ran after money but that is because I had a good job and could support myself. For some women, their conditions make it a necessity to find someone who will take care of them. I think this can also apply to men. Also, if you are thinking of having a long lasting relationship with kids both the woman and the man better have the money to raise any childen that comes out of the relationship.

Old 10-12-2009, 06:08 AM
miu

17,664 posts, read 38,290,584 times
Default Are females only concerned about a guy's financial assets?

The majority of women are seeking marriage and children. And they hope that their dating a man turns into a successful relationship that leads to marriage. So of course they have to check out any prospective date's career track record, life goals and financial assets. And no matter if he makes a lot of money or a little money, they also need to know that he's good with managing what he has rather than spending it all poorly. It's only natural and commonsense that they do that. I don't understand what the big deal is about this is.

Old 10-12-2009, 07:33 AM

1,384 posts, read 3,054,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
Dude, just make a joke about it. When she says "I'm looking for a man to buy me BMW's and a big house", just come back at her and say "yeah, I'm with ya on that, a girl with season tickets and a timeshare in the bahamas is what I'm currently searching for."

If she laughs then she might realize she's being a little ridiculous and may call herself out on it. If she gives you a weird stare, then you should say you have to go to the restroom and then leave and stiff her with the bill.
I have to laugh here, this post was awesome.

Ty for that.

As a woman, after all the protesting for women's rights, the right to vote, sexual harrassment policies, all these movies we watched based on historical events that moved women into the working roles or the ability to chose housewife or career driven women.......

I think these ladies who want a man to provide this and that for them are just spoiled girls. They can make these things they desire on their own.

Beyonce sings about it all the time. There is respect, merit, worth, and a sense of accomplishment when you do it yourself, for yourself, and just to prove that you could!

Some day, you'll find a lady who has the things already she desires in life, and the only component she couldn't design to her liking (unless robots are invented by then) is you.

So...while you're waiting for Miss Thing to finish what she's after....go out there and do what you want. Live your life. Enjoy your youth. Every time you meet a goldigging materialistic woman who fills your oxygen space with blah blahs....whisper to your future wife, "Gosh would you hurry up already?"

And be done with it.

Old 10-14-2009, 05:44 PM

49 posts, read 103,326 times
Met my wife after her first marriage, living on welfare with two kids. I moved to the US from Europe, we got married, I got a job and managed to build our life together from nothing. I was working on saving for a down payment but apparently not fast enough for her. Recently, after 10 years, she told me she has had an affair since May and will leave me for that guy. He owns a house and apparently this is easier than sticking with me.

Old 10-14-2009, 07:03 PM

1,657 posts, read 4,281,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by factory3 View Post
.... Recently, after 10 years, she told me she has had an affair since May and will leave me for that guy. He owns a house and apparently this is easier than sticking with me.
Dang..... that's is hard cut to the soul.

You have my deepest sympathies

You will recover.

Phil
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships