U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 02:38 PM

20,379 posts, read 18,242,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber_factory View Post
What fantasy?

I didn't see anyone claim that men are incapable of 'gold digging'.

Look, we are all after the mineral rights here. Women do the digging and men do the drilling.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2009, 02:40 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,277,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber_factory View Post
What fantasy?

I didn't see anyone claim that men are incapable of 'gold digging'.

Up until you showed up, this was a discussion about a particular type of woman. No need to get all indignant.
And NOW it's about a particular type of woman AND man.

Deal with it. I am here now.

Old 10-01-2009, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
And NOW it's about a particular type of woman AND man.

Deal with it. I am here now.
Hi JeepGirl118,

Honestly, while I do routinely search a women for cash in her pockets, its really not about the cash. Its more of an 80% to 20% "feeling up" to cash ratio.

Old 10-01-2009, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Its more of an 80% to 20% "feeling up" to cash ratio.
Honesty. Now that's a statement I can respect.

Old 10-01-2009, 03:19 PM

15,857 posts, read 33,621,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcb1025 View Post
I know, I know. This sounds soooo stereotypical, but I'm pretty sure I have it pegged now. Most women I've met seem to have their brains wired to think that a man is not worthy unless he has significant purchasing power.
I'm a 23 year old male, just moved to Denver after college. Given the state of the economy, I'm not rollin' in a Beemer or sportin' $10k Rolexes. I don't dress in Armani and I don't eat out a lot. Yet, it seems that everytime I meet a girl, it's the same story. First, they put on a facade and act all genuine and unmaterialistic. They say things that make you think that they're down to earth and that they just want a man to treat them well. After a couple weeks, the truth starts to trickle out. They talk about how they want to find a man that can buy them a BMW, buy them a house, and take them across the world.

Before I get the "you need to meet different women" shpeel, let me tell you I've met them in bars, churches, classrooms, book stores, etc. Everywhere you can imagine. And it all boils down to one thing...finding a man who will be able to shower them with material goodies.

Am I way off base here?
It seems to me that you are attracted to the more high maintenance type of girl. If you are truly interested in finding a simple living, non-materialistic type of honey, they I suggest you look for one that does not wear a lot of make up. Does not have blonde "highlights" in her stylishly cut hair (which cost about $125, I'm told), does not wear expensive clothing, does not have fake fingernails, does not wear much (or any) jewelry and does not drive a new or fancy vehicle.

Usually, it is harder too find the "right" kind of girl in the city. You might think about heading out toward the rural areas around Denver and getting active in a smaller community where you can meet some "real" people.

Around here in the Missouri Ozarks, you would look for farm girls who come from families who pride themselves in the traditional male/female rolls, have a strong commitment to their religious beliefs or participate in things like the FFA. Having [unfortunately] lived in Colorado myself briefly, I can recall that finding genuine people was far more difficult. I would look around for some real cowgirls if I were you. Although, it is rather expensive to care for horses, at least they give you something BACK whereas a BMW doesn't.

You might also consider an OLDER WOMAN who has figured out that materialism is not the most important thing when choosing a life partner.

20yrsinBranson

Old 10-01-2009, 03:20 PM

3,256 posts, read 8,595,024 times
For one thing, you are only 23. These women are likely in your age range, which is an age when they are still "dreaming" of what they want their lives to be like. They haven't yet had the dose of reality that tells a women, that the only real way to be happy, is to do it herself. I am about to be 35, and am realistic enough to know, the only way I would ever get a BMW, is if someone gave it to me as a gift (yeah right), or I won the lottery. Because, there is no way in he** that I would ever pay the car payment that comes with owning one.

Old 10-01-2009, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridadreamer View Post
Because, there is no way in he** that I would ever pay the car payment that comes with owning one.
Traded the Wrangler in on one, the payments aren't so bad. It's the insurance that's the burn on it, which is equivalent to some people's car payment, $176/mo. If I move out of an evac A zone, I will get $20 knocked off it though! Oh boy, oh boy, let me pack now!

Old 10-01-2009, 03:47 PM

1,278 posts, read 2,183,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
It seems to me that you are attracted to the more high maintenance type of girl. If you are truly interested in finding a simple living, non-materialistic type of honey, they I suggest you look for one that does not wear a lot of make up. Does not have blonde "highlights" in her stylishly cut hair (which cost about $125, I'm told), does not wear expensive clothing, does not have fake fingernails, does not wear much (or any) jewelry and does not drive a new or fancy vehicle.
Eww, not at all. I'm ALL FOR the plain jane types. I met one about five months ago, she's hispanic. Nice girl, comes from a devout Christian family. But the way she talks about materialistic wants is ridiculous.

"I want my husband to buy me a BMW." "I want my husband to afford this..." "I want my husband to afford that..."

I consider myself agnostic and the furthest thing from materialistic, and it blew my mind that someone who worships Jesus every Sunday is so concerned with materialism. Doesn't the Bible illustrate that materialism is bad?

It just sort of baffled me to think that even in the churches, you'll find your share of superficial girls.

Old 10-01-2009, 04:07 PM

5,226 posts, read 5,699,368 times
I love when some of us men complain[and im guilty at times] women will only date rich guys and/or guys with six pack abs etc when your talking about not even 2% of the male population..Most of the times were not in competiton with these guys...

If it were true and all women held out for the best of the best their would be billions of lonely men and women and no babies being made..

Old 10-01-2009, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
I love when some of us men complain[and im guilty at times] women will only date rich guys and/or guys with six pack abs etc when your talking about not even 2% of the male population..Most of the times were not in competiton with these guys...

If it were true and all women held out for the best of the best their would be billions of lonely men and women and no babies being made..

And all our fathers would be filthy rich.

BTW I resent the fact that you said I am not in competition with those guys. I just have a very poor record against them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships