U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 08:06 PM

1,340 posts, read 2,690,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicTouch View Post
Ok .... so what about us women who don't want a man's money. He can keep it as I make my own, person I'm currently seeing makes about 1/3 of what I make and ohhhh by the way I bought him a BMW.
Exception proves the rule would be the most charitable.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2009, 08:08 PM

1,340 posts, read 2,690,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kek1993 View Post
Oh, please...could you change this post to "why are men only interested in women with awesome bodies?". You get the type of woman you choose. Are you picking women based on shallow ideals, such as looks? Well, then you will get a shallow woman, who wants someone who is loaded.

Once you go beyond that, you will find someone worth having.
90% + of women are shallow,as are 92.89 % of men.
Slim pickins.

Old 10-01-2009, 08:18 PM

4,576 posts, read 8,725,681 times
Woman care about 2 things

Money
Fame

Good looks usually gets you fame and popularity, money everything else.

I have never met a single young woman who does not care about money as well as how much money everyone thinks they have, and I have met very few young woman who can manage their money on their own with out the help of a man or parents. Woman tend to be a lot more aware of financial assets when picking a "mate".

Old 10-01-2009, 08:21 PM

26,143 posts, read 29,856,949 times
One should also be asking this question simultaneously - why do men have such a problem with women who make more money than they do??

I don't think the root of the issue is women looking for a man who makes more money, but a man who's looking for a woman who makes less than they do....some exceptions apply as I've met my fair share of golddigging sloths of men.

Old 10-01-2009, 08:23 PM

48,573 posts, read 47,945,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
One should also be asking this question simultaneously - why do men have such a problem with women who make more money than they do??

I don't think the root of the issue is women looking for a man who makes more money, but a man who's looking for a woman who makes less than they do....some exceptions apply as I've met my fair share of golddigging sloths of men.
While I've never been with a woman that made more money than me.

Interesting idea.....

My tender fragile male ego could handle a woman picking up the tab....

Old 10-01-2009, 08:28 PM

2,046 posts, read 893,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Dude View Post
To answer your question honestly, yes.
Do you really believe that's the ONLY thing a woman is interested in? You've got some issues, man.

Old 10-01-2009, 08:32 PM

4,576 posts, read 8,725,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOPbaby View Post
Do you really believe that's the ONLY thing a woman is interested in? You've got some issues, man.

Well lets see I live in Granite bay the wealthiest suburb in Sac, I am under 30, own a home, and got married before I could finish my grad degree. Why dont we ask Rufus the homeless crack head, with no savings, if he is having trouble getting a date this friday. Trust me if there is one thing woman hate being associated with, its a broke man. Woman hate to feel inadequate about things they can not control.

Old 10-01-2009, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Woman care about 2 things

Money
Fame

Good looks usually gets you fame and popularity, money everything else.

I have never met a single young woman who does not care about money as well as how much money everyone thinks they have, and I have met very few young woman who can manage their money on their own with out the help of a man or parents. Woman tend to be a lot more aware of financial assets when picking a "mate".
You're hanging out with the wrong women - what does this say about you? People like you who believe this crap are misogynistic clowns. This is just ignorant.

Old 10-01-2009, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Well lets see I live in Granite bay the wealthiest suburb in Sac, I am under 30, own a home, and got married before I could finish my grad degree. Why dont we ask Rufus the homeless crack head, with no savings, if he is having trouble getting a date this friday. Trust me if there is one thing woman hate being associated with, its a broke man. Woman hate to feel inadequate about things they can not control.
Oh, come on, man, this has nothing to do with what you answered before, or the original question. Who would want to date a homeless crack head? That has nothing to do with ONLY being concerned about financial assests. And your supposed success story doesn't either. Are you saying your wife married you ONLY because of your assests? If so, I wonder how long your marriage will last? Also, what does feeling inadequate about things they can't control have to do with anything? There are so many things none of us can control - doesn't make me feel inadequate. Worrying about things you can't control is a waste of energy.

Old 10-01-2009, 08:52 PM

20,058 posts, read 17,141,812 times
Not if they love the guy. I think most women just wish for the security of a modest little home they can call their own. The thought of not having a roof over their head would be a scary prospect for the nesting type.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships