U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-01-2009, 10:54 PM
 
Location: Banana Republic, LA
378 posts, read 1,156,725 times
Reputation: 301

Advertisements

Ya, I never was one to care about how much money a guy had. And believe me, in my 20's, I could have dated anyone I chose. Now at 40, I wonder, where did it get me? I think all those gold-diggers had the right idea. Still can't bring myself to put up with some arrogant a** though.

I know there's girls out there that don't care about money, but you're not looking in the right places.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-01-2009, 10:58 PM
 
Location: San Leandro
4,576 posts, read 8,727,380 times
Reputation: 3248
I look at my friend, who is a career life guard. His exact phrase is "Life guards get all the girls, but we don't keep them. Life guards die alone". They simply don't make enough money to have the type of lifestyle woman want to have for the rest of their lives.

Women do not want to eat Top Rommen for the last week of every month. They want a nice ring, and roses and chocolates on valentines day, they want a trip to the spa and summer vacations and college funds. I mean yea there are marginal things like looks and what not that woman are concerned about but the all mighty dollar reigns supreme.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2009, 09:35 AM
 
1,340 posts, read 2,690,401 times
Reputation: 765
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOPbaby View Post
Oh, come on, man, this has nothing to do with what you answered before, or the original question. Who would want to date a homeless crack head? That has nothing to do with ONLY being concerned about financial assests. And your supposed success story doesn't either. Are you saying your wife married you ONLY because of your assests? If so, I wonder how long your marriage will last? Also, what does feeling inadequate about things they can't control have to do with anything? There are so many things none of us can control - doesn't make me feel inadequate. Worrying about things you can't control is a waste of energy.

Who would want to date a crackhead?
When I graduated college,spent a short time as a caseworker in a prison.
Part of my job was putting together approved visitor lists.
The average "gangsta" had 15-20 girlfriends on it,many of whom were aware of at least some of the others.

There a ton of females who are hardwired to pursue "badboys" as is apparent when you interview them. Everything from lawyers to welfare moms.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2009, 09:47 AM
 
Location: Silicon Valley
850 posts, read 1,481,758 times
Reputation: 710
Be careful how you "generalize" woman in this category. Sure there are some "shallow" a-- women out there that are pretty up front that you better not be broke. I think its just the women you have come in contact with. Be careful to not carry this thinking with you with everyone other woman you come in contact with because you will only be carrying a chip on your shoulder if you do. It sucks to find out that some people might have another agenda under the wraps.

What's in the dark will come to the light. Just be yourself, treat people as you want to be treated and if she is a motive you suspect, then walk away. There are billions of woman in this world, why are you trippin on a few?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2009, 09:52 AM
 
26,143 posts, read 29,861,510 times
Reputation: 27196
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Dude View Post
I look at my friend, who is a career life guard. His exact phrase is "Life guards get all the girls, but we don't keep them. Life guards die alone". They simply don't make enough money to have the type of lifestyle woman want to have for the rest of their lives.

Women do not want to eat Top Rommen for the last week of every month. They want a nice ring, and roses and chocolates on valentines day, they want a trip to the spa and summer vacations and college funds. I mean yea there are marginal things like looks and what not that woman are concerned about but the all mighty dollar reigns supreme.

I'm starting to see where money may very well be YOUR only asset.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2009, 10:20 AM
 
Location: Denver, CO
1,278 posts, read 2,184,410 times
Reputation: 928
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary12345 View Post
Everyone's ideas are interesting! My point of view........

It sucks but it happens....some people are just materialistic.....sorry it sounds like you can't find anyone that isn't, though. I myself am a female who happens to work for a living and doesn't expect a man to provide for her. I drive a piece of crap car but it gets me to and from and it does so safely. I have never NEVER liked a guy with a sports car! I think that guys with sports cars are trying to compensate for something. I would rather have a guy driving an older car maybe less ostentatious but have him treat me right then some guy who drives a BMW and smacks me around every night when I get home for whatever stupid reason. Some woman are dumb what can I say. But not all of us are money hungry. Not all of us are wanting to be like some of the reality "Housewives of ______" wherever. My man works...I work.....we dated by going to the bowling alley and we broke down in his car on the way home from hitting up a burrito place in the middle of the night! LOL!!! Good times.

You got the right idea.....if she wants a damn BMW, rolex, or Armani, have her work for it and go buy it her DAMN SELF!!!!
I like the way you think. If you have any young friends like yourself, send them my way haha.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2009, 10:22 AM
 
Location: Denver, CO
1,278 posts, read 2,184,410 times
Reputation: 928
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnnee View Post
Be careful how you "generalize" woman in this category. Sure there are some "shallow" a-- women out there that are pretty up front that you better not be broke. I think its just the women you have come in contact with. Be careful to not carry this thinking with you with everyone other woman you come in contact with because you will only be carrying a chip on your shoulder if you do. It sucks to find out that some people might have another agenda under the wraps.

What's in the dark will come to the light. Just be yourself, treat people as you want to be treated and if she is a motive you suspect, then walk away. There are billions of woman in this world, why are you trippin on a few?
Yeah, for sure. I was just really surprised with this girl I recently met. She was supposed to be a nice Christian girl. The more I heard her talk, though, the more I realized that she only cared about what kind of car her husband was going to buy her, as if she was entitled to it.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2009, 11:00 AM
 
1,340 posts, read 2,690,401 times
Reputation: 765
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcb1025 View Post
Yeah, for sure. I was just really surprised with this girl I recently met. She was supposed to be a nice Christian girl. The more I heard her talk, though, the more I realized that she only cared about what kind of car her husband was going to buy her, as if she was entitled to it.

Perhaps belonged to the "name it and claim it" segment of the faith that has arisen with the TV hustlers and mega-churches in my lifetime.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2009, 11:01 AM
 
Location: Silicon Valley
850 posts, read 1,481,758 times
Reputation: 710
Now that's a shallow b----! Everyone is a perfect onion in the beginning, and as time go by, you start to peel off the layers and see the real person.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2009, 11:06 AM
 
Location: Orlando, FL
12,201 posts, read 17,623,193 times
Reputation: 6649
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
Some will (and should IMO) hide those "assets" though-LOL!

Especially in this age of disease and deception. Anybody see the recent news program that showed some guy who had given HIV to countless women? And we wonder why wait?
Yeah if I can't see it upfront then I'm not interested. By the 3rd date I need to have you weighed and measured; otherwise what would be the point in continuing? I have a "length and width" clause.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:16 PM.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top