Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 04:39 PM

985 posts, read 2,601,051 times

Advertisements

Very attractive people generally want to date other very attractive people. They pass you over for the same reasons you pass over the "buggy eyed" guys, whatever the heck that is . What goes around comes around, I suppose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2009, 04:41 PM

606 posts, read 1,234,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fletchman1957 View Post
Maybe those men were just shy, or not very confident. If that's the case, have you considered being the aggressor? instead of the aggressee
Very true fletch, next time I should be the 'go getter".

Old 10-02-2009, 04:45 PM

122 posts, read 389,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8palmtrees View Post
Very true fletch, next time I should be the 'go getter".
That's the spirit......Go get 'em tiger, grrrrrrrr

Old 10-02-2009, 04:48 PM

3,993 posts, read 8,926,902 times
it's a hard one to call.

it might be the same thing that happens with women. if you are of above average looks, you can afford to be more choosy. you are maybe statistically more likely to receive more offers than your "less blessed" brethren.

i'm afraid i can't offer much more help than that. i don't punch above my weight, so i've learned where my limits are.

does this help ?

Old 10-02-2009, 04:56 PM

606 posts, read 1,234,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
it's a hard one to call.

it might be the same thing that happens with women. if you are of above average looks, you can afford to be more choosy. you are maybe statistically more likely to receive more offers than your "less blessed" brethren.

i'm afraid i can't offer much more help than that. i don't punch above my weight, so i've learned where my limits are.

does this help ?
Hi there bob,
I gave you reps for your logical post here! It does make sense!
I guess bottom line is beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Really it is cause there was this guy that I had a little crush on when I was 23 and he looked like David Duchovny competely. His wife was very unattractive , wore a lot of polyester pants and her hair was always very flat with no style. But to him she must have been the most beautiful woman in the world (her heart and face) to be married to her.

Old 10-02-2009, 04:59 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,336,879 times
Ditto for women.

Old 10-02-2009, 05:02 PM

isn't that "yoda" from star wars ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
Ditto for women.

Old 10-02-2009, 05:10 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,336,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
isn't that "yoda" from star wars ?

I don't know but each time I look at her it gives me the creeps.

Old 10-02-2009, 05:11 PM

thanks for the rep, every vote counts !

so far as your david duchovny, i guess it also comes down to self esteem.

now, without being too egotistical, i've had my (probably more than) fair share of very attractive women, but i don't consider myself attractive.

is that because i really am attractive, and just can't see it, or is it because i maybe do sometimes push the envelope a little ?

maybe your man didn't think he was so attractive, so set his target more within reach.

maybe it was the static electricity from all that polyester ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8palmtrees View Post
Hi there bob,
I gave you reps for your logical post here! It does make sense!
I guess bottom line is beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Really it is cause there was this guy that I had a little crush on when I was 23 and he looked like David Duchovny competely. His wife was very unattractive , wore a lot of polyester pants and her hair was always very flat with no style. But to him she must have been the most beautiful woman in the world (her heart and face) to be married to her.

Old 10-02-2009, 05:13 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
No offense to the OP, but I gotta say I'm voting this as the silliest thread in quite awhile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships