Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 10:41 AM

236 posts, read 390,001 times

Advertisements

Ok, I stopped reading by the second page. I did however read your entire post and I did not like the feeling I got from reading it. You already know that this should not be ignored. Yeah, kudos to him telling you the truth, but it doesnt change the fact that he is interested in her. You have been with him for 8 years so you know him. I think you have the itch and maybe this is the eye opener you needed to validate your feelings. I smell a break-up. Not to seem cold, but we as women know before we ask another person what the answer usually is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2009, 11:57 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,482,904 times
And you ladies wonder why your men dont want to have these conversations with you? Your bf was put into a damned if he does damned if he doesnt situation. By you! You expect honest answers to your questions and then get pissed off and worried when they are answered honestly. Sounds to me like the OP needs to work on her own self esteem issues. And ya know what? If you are going to dare to ask the question, dare to be able to handle the answer.

Old 10-12-2009, 05:17 PM

5 posts, read 34,145 times
My heart goes out to you...this is such a difficult situation. You don't want to bring it up too much and for some reason its almost like he is trying to get a reaction out of you to see if you are jealous...when in reality all you are doing is caring about your relationship.

If you are in an honest relationship I would discuss this with him and how it makes you feel uncomfortable at how close the two of them are and that you appreciate the certain things that you do not have in common because it makes you two intresting.

It stinks because often times when others come along and the grass starts looking greener really you are the girl that has been there for him during all of his troubles and through college. This girl hasn't. She hasn't been through his bad times, his rough moods, or anything so its easier for her to put up a good front.

You two have been together for a while so be honest about your feelings in a non-confrontational way....like no yelling! Just talking. Then go on your weekend!

Also, this might work...my sister did this when a girl situation occured...maybe suggest her coming along with another guy friend for a double date? that way you don't seem like you are threatened by this girl and maybe he will just slowly let the newness of her go. I could never do that but it worked for her.

In the end...though....you don't want to feel as if you always have to fight to keep what you have. Honestly, because in life you will have never have any peace with this man and you will always be wondering.

Try talking it out...then see what happens, but if it goes sour then try and get out. (I am also currently in an 8 yr relationship and when I say 'get out' I know its easier said then done, but at some point we have to pull ourselves together as women and stick up for what we believe is our best treatment). Don't settle for less then what an honest relationship is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships