Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 07:26 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,540,621 times

Advertisements

Abusive, uneducated, superior attitude, womanizer, hates kids, hates cats...If I think of more I'll post later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2009, 02:12 AM

4,751 posts, read 5,439,701 times
I absolutely, will not, under any circumstance, tolerate lying.

Old 10-28-2009, 02:14 AM

4,751 posts, read 5,439,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Gonorrhea.

Really? Not something like Herpes or AIDS that would be with you for life?

Old 10-28-2009, 02:19 AM

612 posts, read 1,843,607 times
I have a lot of small things that would be a deal-breakers. If I'm considering a long-term relationship with a gal, then the biggest deal-breaker is someone who can't accept the fact that I have some medical problems. Being a kidney transplant patient, I'm gonna need someone who's going to stick with me regardless how sick I get.

Old 10-28-2009, 05:48 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,485,841 times
I will not date any woman who tells me that I am cruel to animals because I eat meat and hunt/fish. I dont mind if she is a vegetarian but if I wanted a sermon I would be in church. I also wont date any woman who calls herself a "vegan" because they look pale, sickly and skinny as a bean pole. No thanks!

Old 10-28-2009, 05:53 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeweloflight View Post
O.K., so everyone has their "list" of what they're looking for in a girlfriend/boyfriend, or even if you are someone looking for a long term commitment like marriage. Most times, however, we usually have to compromise; rarely does anyone get EVERYTHING they are looking for in another person when it comes to relationships.

What's the ABSOLUTE DEAL BREAKER for you? What is something you will absolutely NOT compromise on, no matter what?
If she despises me, then I want nothing to do with her. But if she despises me, she probably would not have expressed interest in being my girlfriend in the first place.

One thing that's come up recently is: does she own a gun? If she does, I don't want to be anywhere around her. People are more likely to be shot by someone they know than by a stranger--and I don't need my S.O. pointing a gun in my face and telling me to get out of my own home--or even hers, if I've been living there.

Old 10-28-2009, 06:20 AM

1,340 posts, read 2,804,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeweloflight View Post
O.K., so everyone has their "list" of what they're looking for in a girlfriend/boyfriend, or even if you are someone looking for a long term commitment like marriage. Most times, however, we usually have to compromise; rarely does anyone get EVERYTHING they are looking for in another person when it comes to relationships.

What's the ABSOLUTE DEAL BREAKER for you? What is something you will absolutely NOT compromise on, no matter what?
The deal breaker is anyone who looks on marriage as a "deaL".

Old 10-28-2009, 06:24 AM

1,340 posts, read 2,804,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie3 View Post
I absolutely, will not, under any circumstance, tolerate lying.
Some of the best people tell"white lies" because of fears you might not like them which is vastly different from some scum trying to get over on you with lies.

"Under any circumstance" is a lie in itself.

Old 10-28-2009, 07:02 AM

1,086 posts, read 3,360,600 times
If she has a penis; absolute deal breaker.

Old 10-28-2009, 07:02 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
Annie: so if I tell you that you look fine in your red dress--even though I hate red dresses in general--that is a bad thing?

Yet, if I tell you that you look like a skank for wearing some skimpy outfit that you happen to like, and have gotten good reviews from other people on, that's more acceptable?

What's the point in making you feel bad by telling the truth? Even if I merely equivocate, you might feel bad. Like if I said the same thing in a less harsh choice of words: "I don't think you should wear it."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships