U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 02:26 PM

23,932 posts, read 20,205,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post

And some sex/health ed for you: The penis starts to shrink after 35 and then starts the "getting it up" problems. Also around 45 people start having serious health problems due to lifestyle/genetics. Not attractive. At his age he probably has had STD exposure/possible carrier.
Dang. What kind of men have you been hanging with?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2009, 02:29 PM

8,424 posts, read 24,168,852 times
Its true. Like it or not...Your male parts are not what they were in the 20's just like females. Deal with it.
Age/Behavior indicated dangerous sexual behavior and a lot of years to exercise that choice. Its a numbers game.

Old 10-05-2009, 02:34 PM

23,443 posts, read 17,641,807 times
I cant believe no one hasnt commented on the fact that he didnt want to use a condom!
OP, RUN, do not walk away from this a*****e!!!!!!!!

Old 10-05-2009, 03:16 PM

23,932 posts, read 20,205,253 times
Quote:
Its true. Like it or not...Your male parts are not what they were in the 20's just like females. Deal with it.
Age/Behavior indicated dangerous sexual behavior and a lot of years to exercise that choice. Its a numbers game.

My only point is, unless you are a board-certified urologist or some other expert on male genitalia, you cannot generalize about all men, and unless you know this man, you really cannot make assumptions about his background, much less about anyone else's at whatever age.

Old 10-05-2009, 03:28 PM

3,567 posts, read 1,675,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Arp View Post
When an embarrassed and "smart" girl is trying to distance themselves from their story "speechless88" probably isn't the ideal username.

My godness Some people just analyze everyting to death. Guess what... some people actually choose random user names on here.
She just needs some help and not people analyzing/judging her.

Quote:

And some sex/health ed for you: The penis starts to shrink after 35 and then starts the "getting it up" problems. Also around 45 people start having serious health problems due to lifestyle/genetics. Not attractive. A
Personal experience?

I'm not sure if you can call this a pattern, but 2 of my friends grew up without dads.. Both do like and date older people. Let's say about 13 years older and they are the same age as the OP.
Maybe they are jsut looking for something they never had. No idea, but I don't think it's a problem when a 21 year old dates a 40 year old guy.
Ok, he lied about his age - dump him! I'm talking about normal guys.

Old 10-05-2009, 08:51 PM

10 posts, read 29,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Do you spend a lot of time alone? Do you have a healthy social life (friends) that you spend time with, or are you more introverted and tend to keep to yourself a lot? I'm guessing you spend more time alone than you should. He lied to you initially, because he didn't have the confidence in himself to think that he could get you by telling the truth. So he already demonstrated he has a character flaw (liar), and that he's somewhat insecure himself.

You say you texted him to get closure...closure for who, you or him? Perhaps you thought he was going to chase you when you split up, and the fact that he didn't started eating away at you. So two weeks go by and you jabbed him a little with a text to see if he still wants you. Once you validated that he does, you don't know how to get the lion back in the cage. You should have left him alone. He was probably out there pursuing another 21 year old telling her he was 29.
I am introverted but I do get out a lot. I have a close-knit group of friends at my school & I am involved in 2 major organizations on campus. I don't live at home with my parents, so...what are you insinuating?

Old 10-05-2009, 09:05 PM

8,866 posts, read 11,076,231 times
Perhaps your self esteem gets a needed boost around this man. You said you have daddy issues, is he giving you the attention, approval, and praise that you wish your father did?

Old 10-05-2009, 09:08 PM

5,612 posts, read 9,576,389 times
Unfortunately, the most attractive thing about this man is that you're a virgin. Most men his age don't have the opportunity to de-flower a girl. Also, if he is possessive, (and we know he's at least manipulative) men think that being a woman's first ties her to him no matter what he does. Especially since most women use sex to express love.

Everytime you call him you give him more power over you. There's nothing wrong with an older man but there is something wrong with a man who lies to you and is pressuring you into sex, regardless of his age.

Old 10-05-2009, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Perhaps your self esteem gets a needed boost around this man. You said you have daddy issues, is he giving you the attention, approval, and praise that you wish your father did?

I'm not close to my father at all. He is super passive aggressive & he cheated on my mother & left our family in financial & emotional shambles, it's upsetting for me to even think about it. Even so, I do feel an odd connection to this guy...He has the one thing that I crave...stability (something my father never had, with us or with himself), he was abused as a child so I think that may be it...

I know this is personal but I signed up for counseling at my school but they have until Friday to contact me...

I do really like this guy & I don't think he's a bad person but I just feel like I opened a can of worms by contacting him again...I know I shouldn't have but I just did...

Old 10-05-2009, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
Unfortunately, the most attractive thing about this man is that you're a virgin. Most men his age don't have the opportunity to de-flower a girl. Also, if he is possessive, (and we know he's at least manipulative) men think that being a woman's first ties her to him no matter what he does. Especially since most women use sex to express love.

Everytime you call him you give him more power over you. There's nothing wrong with an older man but there is something wrong with a man who lies to you and is pressuring you into sex, regardless of his age.
Yeah, once he found out that I'm still a virgin, he was all over me even more...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships