Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2009, 10:08 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,615,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Perfect, Mr.Newman
You can call me Al...

Old 10-12-2009, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Guilty as charged. Though I have heard of Project Runway, and seen this guy's pic all over the place, I have never watched the show. I think I saw him in a commercial!
That still puts you one up on me. I've heard of Project Runway, but I thought that was something to do with our local airport. Certainly I've never watched the show.

And commercials? I run screaming from the room when they come on - it's how I keep my girlish figure.

Old 10-12-2009, 10:12 PM

37,589 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
That still puts you one up on me. I've heard of Project Runway, but I thought that was something to do with our local airport. Certainly I've never watched the show.

And commercials? I run screaming from the room when they come on - it's how I keep my girlish figure.
I don't see many - not in front of the telly that much, but I think some of the commercials are better than the programs.

Old 10-12-2009, 10:13 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,242,895 times
Quote:

Are you kidding?? Commercials are the best part!! Who doesn't want to watch informative snippets from drug companies telling us all about the lovely side effects of their drugs??? Vomiting, dizziness, compulsive shopping, birth defects, erections that last over 4 hours, explosive bowels.... Phil, you are looking at it all wrong!

Old 10-12-2009, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Are you kidding?? Commercials are the best part!! Who doesn't want to watch informative snippets from drug companies telling us all about the lovely side effects of their drugs??? Vomiting, dizziness, compulsive shopping, birth defects, erections that last over 4 hours, explosive bowels.... Phil, you are looking at it all wrong!
Ayup! See? SOMEONE finally understands me.

Old 10-12-2009, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Speaking of those...I was getting ready for work the other day and one came on for some drug...I wish I could remember the name of it. But I was in the bathroom, and the commercial started, and it was one of those where they list all the side effects and warnings at the end...and OH MY GOD. I had to walk out into the bedroom and look at the tv to make sure it was really a commercial...it went ON and ON and ON....it was hilarious!!!! As IF I'd ever take such a drug!!!

Old 10-12-2009, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Ayup! See? SOMEONE finally understands me.
Do you remember the Xenical commercials?? WOW!!! How they sold ANYTHING other than toilet paper is beyond me

Old 10-12-2009, 10:21 PM

Quote:
No, no way. I have to TREAT those lovely side-effects for my patients, and let me tell you, it isn't pretty.

Now, when I...

...wait a minute...what was that about 4-hour erections?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom
I don't see many - not in front of the telly that much, but I think some of the commercials are better than the programs.
Meh - the magic went out of it when Billy Mays died...

I often wonder what his funeral ceremony was like...

HI! THIS WAS BILLY MAYS' "LIFE"! THIS CASKET IS MADE OUT OF THE SPACE-AGE MATERIAL TUNGSTEN, GUARANTEED NOT TO RUST, PIT OR STAIN! WATCH AS I TAKE THIS FLAMETHROWER TO IT - SEE? NOT A MARK LEFT ON IT!!!

USE IT AT HOME, AT WORK OR IN YOUR CAR - WHEN YOU ORDER TODAY, I'LL THROW IN A FREE 12-VOLT CHARGER, SO YOU'LL ALWAYS BE READY TO REST IN PEACE WHEN YOU'RE ON THE ROAD!!!

BUT WAIT - THAT'S NOT ALL!!! ORDER IN THE NEXT 5 MINUTES, AND WE'LL DOUBLE YOUR ORDER! THAT'S RIGHT - 2 CASKETS FOR THE PRICE OF ONE!!! NEVER BE CAUGHT WITHOUT A CASKET AGAIN!

HERE'S HOW TO ORDER!!!

Old 10-12-2009, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Speaking of those...I was getting ready for work the other day and one came on for some drug...I wish I could remember the name of it. But I was in the bathroom, and the commercial started, and it was one of those where they list all the side effects and warnings at the end...and OH MY GOD. I had to walk out into the bedroom and look at the tv to make sure it was really a commercial...it went ON and ON and ON....it was hilarious!!!! As IF I'd ever take such a drug!!!
SNL would have a great time with some take off's on those things...I swear, there are some that should add the disclaimer "Do not leave a 5 foot radius of your bathroom"...they sound horrible!

Old 10-12-2009, 10:23 PM

Quote:
No, no way. I have to TREAT those lovely side-effects for my patients, and let me tell you, it isn't pretty.

Now, when I...

...wait a minute...what was that about 4-hour erections?

Meh - the magic went out of it when Billy Mays died...

I often wonder what his funeral ceremony was like...

HI! THIS WAS BILLY MAYS' "LIFE"! THIS CASKET IS MADE OUT OF THE SPACE-AGE MATERIAL TUNGSTEN, GUARANTEED NOT TO RUST, PIT OR STAIN! WATCH AS I TAKE THIS FLAMETHROWER TO IT - SEE? NOT A MARK LEFT ON IT!!!

USE IT AT HOME, AT WORK OR IN YOUR CAR - WHEN YOU ORDER TODAY, I'LL THROW IN A FREE 12-VOLT CHARGER, SO YOU'LL ALWAYS BE READY TO REST IN PEACE WHEN YOU'RE ON THE ROAD!!!

BUT WAIT - THAT'S NOT ALL!!! ORDER IN THE NEXT 5 MINUTES, AND WE'LL DOUBLE YOUR ORDER! THAT'S RIGHT - 2 CASKETS FOR THE PRICE OF ONE!!! NEVER BE CAUGHT WITHOUT A CASKET AGAIN!

HERE'S HOW TO ORDER!!!
Oh, I know....those silly patients love telling the health care providers ALL about the drugs with out knowing squat.....ugh....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships