U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-26-2009, 05:21 AM

8,814 posts, read 4,151,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
What thread??

But seriously, why is that MLK fans keep writing U2 off. I swear I heard a million times that "pride" is their best song ever and nothing more, blah blah blah. I just like the opening guitars of Edgeman in that song. They have other songs where they rock all 9 planets. Well, eight, since Pluto got planetarily segregated to eternity

Otherwise, I don't mind being henpecked
Don't get too excited, it's actual cats. It's the Relationships thread called "Is your relationship like this?" by pitt_transplant. Pretty funny video.

I can't help you with your other question.

Old 10-26-2009, 07:00 AM

5,078 posts, read 8,857,938 times
I started out with an account at MySpace about a year ago, not sure why LOL but wasn't impressed and I never go on it now. I then opened up a FB account, added all of my friends and I check it about 2 x per mth. It's cool to be able to see what everyone is up to but when they start doing the farming cutesy stuff on there it's kind of annoying. I only post on it occasionally and for me, could care less if I get on or not. If I deleted both accounts I wouldn't miss it LOL

Old 10-26-2009, 07:23 AM

42,843 posts, read 54,814,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Hey....we left here at 8:30, and just got home a little bit ago.
They made him get swabbed AGAIN, for the swine flu!
Chest x-ray, and took blood because they found a spot of phenomia on lung. They also put an IV in and ran an antiobiotic through it and also water, or that sloution for dehydration.
He told me to follow up with the doctor we went to see today, to make sure he was not going to get worse, instead of better, and he put him on the same antiobiotic that he ran through his little veins!
I felt terrible for him, but he was so brave!

Thanks for the concerns, suggestions, warm thoughts, and prayers!
Oh, good! So is the temp down now?

Old 10-26-2009, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
I say City Data is the best site to meet a women online because myspace/facebook is all about looks and sexy pics but no substance. At least here you can talk and communicate and follow a posters post to understand there paradigm that you would not be able to accurately do as well on facebook or myspace because they can hide it. In other words, it's easy to be another person ( alter ego) on facebook but here you can build up a snapshot of a persons mind from reading all their posts.

Anyhow,

Wish you well...
Are ya stalking us, Morphy? While I absolutely agree with your opinion about forums, national forums hardly do much good for the enhancement of anybody's local life... If anything, they hamper it as we spent ungodly amounts of time on them and get the illusion of being friends with screen names faaar, faaaar away.

Old 10-26-2009, 08:07 AM

8,881 posts, read 11,245,130 times
The other day I was in a restaurant and I overheard the waitress tell her co-worker she had over 1,000 facebook friends (I thought, yeah, and I'll bet not one of them would help you paint your apartment ). I wonder if these people really believe they are friends, or it's just a self esteem booster to think they are popular, perhaps reliving their high school days. A friend of mine brags about his 200 FB friends, but when it was time to move to another apartment I was the only one who showed up, and I'm not on his FB friends list either (I choose not to use it really, I think I have two friends on there). So much for his 200 friends, most of which only live within 20 minutes.

Last edited by Coolhand68; 10-26-2009 at 08:17 AM..

Old 10-26-2009, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
The other day I was in a restaurant and I overheard the waitress tell her co-worker she had over 1,000 facebook friends (I thought, yeah, and I'll bet not one of them would help you paint your apartment ).
Exactly!

Quote:
So much for his 200 friends, most of which only live within 20 minutes.
Now that IS pathetic! At least if they were just virtual buddies, there would be a build-in excuse.

Old 10-26-2009, 09:45 AM

12,980 posts, read 18,899,217 times
If I see that ^#%%(#@! stupid cat video one more time I think I'll go crazy. Seems like its been posted and reposted by every chick Im connected to on FaceBook. I hate cats and I hate that video.

Old 10-26-2009, 10:11 AM

3,441 posts, read 5,038,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Are ya stalking us, Morphy? While I absolutely agree with your opinion about forums, national forums hardly do much good for the enhancement of anybody's local life... If anything, they hamper it as we spent ungodly amounts of time on them and get the illusion of being friends with screen names faaar, faaaar away.
I hear you loud and clear Sierra, but I respectfully disagree. In 2009 the young and old all use computers to communicate because it's the way our society is evolving into. People spend a ungodly amount of time at work, so what little time they have left, the computer makes it very convenient to talk to many people at once.

Also, millions of people have become friends and lovers through over the internet; that in and of itself proves that it works and that it's very real.

The only time I see where forums/internet hamper with real life is when people are in real live relationships but yet they still have a myspace account or a dating service account. Another would be that you spend all your time online but give little attention to your SO.

Old 10-26-2009, 10:48 AM

5,004 posts, read 5,271,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Hey....we left here at 8:30, and just got home a little bit ago.
They made him get swabbed AGAIN, for the swine flu!
Chest x-ray, and took blood because they found a spot of phenomia on lung. They also put an IV in and ran an antiobiotic through it and also water, or that sloution for dehydration.
He told me to follow up with the doctor we went to see today, to make sure he was not going to get worse, instead of better, and he put him on the same antiobiotic that he ran through his little veins!
I felt terrible for him, but he was so brave!

Thanks for the concerns, suggestions, warm thoughts, and prayers!
I'm glad you went to the hospital and that your son is OK. What a trouper!

Old 10-26-2009, 12:08 PM

18,255 posts, read 17,635,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
I say City Data is the best site to meet a women online because myspace/facebook is all about looks and sexy pics but no substance. At least here you can talk and communicate and follow a posters post to understand there paradigm that you would not be able to accurately do as well on facebook or myspace because they can hide it. In other words, it's easy to be another person ( alter ego) on facebook but here you can build up a snapshot of a persons mind from reading all there post.
Not my experience at all. But I guess it depends on how you use it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships